Police Brutality

Police Brutality
Monday 19/05, 15:45
40Waffles - Veteran English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
107 messages
Police Brutality
40Waffles - Veteran English - Monday 19/05, 15:45

So I've been playing in Daily Tournaments the past week to capitalize on the token system after sparingly playing UR on and off over the past year.

I noticed this past week, while playing in Daily Tournaments in the T1 (25 star) room, that just about every deck I played against was a Mono Sentinel deck with the same 8 characters.

It's always Hawk, Copper Cr, Martha, Westwood, Lehane, John, Carmen/Flinch/Melvin, and Morgan/Tobbie. The variety is infinite!

If everyone is trying to get Tokens and is trying to win the Daily Tournament I understand they want the best deck, but 7/10 matches I play are against a Mono Sentinel deck.

I play UR for fun, and enjoy the challenge of playing against a variety of other decks and clans, and don't really care about the outcome of the match, whether I win or lose. But playing against the same deck over and over has gotten REALLY boring and almost annoying at this point. Not because I perform poorly (see below for recent results), but because I play this game to enjoy it and have fun. Playing against the same deck over and over is not fun.

I don't know if we can redo the penalty list or ban characters or what the solution is, but this Mono Sentinel thing is out of hand.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello 40Waffles,
Congratulations! You finished 138th in the last Daily Tournament with 414 Battle Points.

Deck: Sekutor, Neloe. Sunder, Ward hg, Archibald, Brianna, Milena, Wyre

~~~~~~~~~~~~

What are your thoughts on this Mono Sentinel epidemic?
« Previous12...4567891011Next »

101/107
play_0 - Senior English
Thursday 12/06, 15:45

But yeah playing against the same cards over and over again gets boring
102/107
-Mordecai - Master English
Friday 13/06, 01:44

You leave the guild and join Trinity?

Traitor.
103/107
Pabst Blue - Imperator - Hip Hop Messiahz English
Friday 13/06, 17:52

I used Mono GHEIST this morning and didn't run into a SINGLE Sentinel deck. Weird stuff...
104/107
Daxose - Legend - URBAN MADNESS English
Thursday 19/06, 20:04

Entered 2 DTs last night. 5/9 matches were against Mono Sentinel

First match of the 2nd DT was mono Sentinel....stopped right there, wasn't dealing with another hour of "fun"
105/107
- Pillman - Legend - Open Casket English
Thursday 19/06, 22:21

To be Honest,I got used to it,I now use Sentinel too,don't care anymore about the new Penalty list,I really don't.
106/107
Daxose - Legend - URBAN MADNESS English
Friday 20/06, 15:47

Elkas, I could go with the classic montra "if you can't beat them, join them" but I would much rather not conform to what seems to be the "main" or "only" way of reaching a top rank in a DT.

I agree, that is probably the best approach to countering mono Sentinel is to do it yourself. But a mono Sentinel vs mono Sentinel match is kinda boring.

I would love to play a variety of decks and try new things out. Or at least rock a legitimate deck with 2 random clans rather than doing the same, boring clan.

To each their own, obviously, it's just unfortunate that you have to play a game a certain way to achieve top results rather than having the opportunity to play the game your way and achieve the same results.
107/107
dragoon130 - Titan - UB3R Project English
Sunday 13/07, 21:08

I play a mono Skeelz deck in tourney when i play though.

« Previous12...4567891011Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals