Police Brutality

Monday 19/05/2014, 15:45

So I've been playing in Daily Tournaments the past week to capitalize on the token system after sparingly playing UR on and off over the past year.

I noticed this past week, while playing in Daily Tournaments in the T1 (25 star) room, that just about every deck I played against was a Mono Sentinel deck with the same 8 characters.

It's always Hawk, Copper Cr, Martha, Westwood, Lehane, John, Carmen/Flinch/Melvin, and Morgan/Tobbie. The variety is infinite! :tired:

If everyone is trying to get Tokens and is trying to win the Daily Tournament I understand they want the best deck, but 7/10 matches I play are against a Mono Sentinel deck.

I play UR for fun, and enjoy the challenge of playing against a variety of other decks and clans, and don't really care about the outcome of the match, whether I win or lose. But playing against the same deck over and over has gotten REALLY boring and almost annoying at this point. Not because I perform poorly (see below for recent results), but because I play this game to enjoy it and have fun. Playing against the same deck over and over is not fun.

I don't know if we can redo the penalty list or ban characters or what the solution is, but this Mono Sentinel thing is out of hand.

Hello 40Waffles,
Congratulations! You finished 138th in the last Daily Tournament with 414 Battle Points.

Deck: Sekutor, Neloe. Sunder, Ward hg, Archibald, Brianna, Milena, Wyre

What are your thoughts on this Mono Sentinel epidemic?

Thursday 12/06/2014, 15:45

But yeah playing against the same cards over and over again gets boring

Friday 13/06/2014, 01:44

You leave the guild and join Trinity?

Friday 13/06/2014, 17:52

I used Mono GHEIST this morning and didn't run into a SINGLE Sentinel deck. :shock: Weird stuff...

Thursday 19/06/2014, 20:04

Entered 2 DTs last night. 5/9 matches were against Mono Sentinel

First match of the 2nd DT was mono Sentinel....stopped right there, wasn't dealing with another hour of "fun" :*:

Thursday 19/06/2014, 22:21

To be Honest,I got used to it,I now use Sentinel too,don't care anymore about the new Penalty list,I really don't. ^__^

Friday 20/06/2014, 15:47

Elkas, I could go with the classic montra "if you can't beat them, join them" but I would much rather not conform to what seems to be the "main" or "only" way of reaching a top rank in a DT.

I agree, that is probably the best approach to countering mono Sentinel is to do it yourself. But a mono Sentinel vs mono Sentinel match is kinda boring.

I would love to play a variety of decks and try new things out. Or at least rock a legitimate deck with 2 random clans rather than doing the same, boring clan.

To each their own, obviously, it's just unfortunate that you have to play a game a certain way to achieve top results rather than having the opportunity to play the game your way and achieve the same results.

Sunday 13/07/2014, 21:08

I play a mono Skeelz deck in tourney when i play though.

Reply to this subject