Riots growing out of hand?

Friday 30/05, 22:17
Eloxia - Titan English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
17 messages
Eloxia - Titan - D-VersifiedEnglish - Friday 30/05, 22:17

Normally I'll complain about how the new clan is too strong but then I look at their cons and I realize that they're just as good as any other clan. However, I have yet to see really any downsides the the Riots except their lack of attack manipulation. Their bonus unless you have SOB will always activate, gaining them +3 pills best case scenario. This would be fine if their cards weren't so solid.

Now let's take a look at some of the cards in the clan.

For our two star options we have:
Boomstock the 6/3 Courage: +2 Power/damage and Kenjy the 7/2 Reprisal: +10 attack. Both of these options are fantastic 2 stars, I would call them overpowered, but very solid. Both of their downsides are their turn operative abilities, but other than that they're both very powerful cards.

Four our three star options we have: Molder the 8/1 -4 Opp. life min 4, Dr Van Wesel Ld the 9/3 Reprisal: Copy Bonus Opp., and Reeplay the 8/4 Protection: power. Molder is amazing, unless he's hit by SOA he's able to dish out 5 damage while also having his 8 power back him up. Dr Van Wesel Ld is the first card ever to have 9 power, which works stellar with his ability to copy the opponents bonus, his only downfall is his 3 damage and his turn operative ability. Then finally we have Reeplay the 8/4 beast with the ability to protect her power from decreasing, very solid card, her weakness is her ability to get hit by damage reducers.

So far the 2/3 star of this clan are all very solid, with few weaknesses.
« Previous12Next »

2/17
Eloxia - Titan - D-Versified English
Friday 30/05, 22:24

For our four star options we have Pr Hartnell the 7/6 Courage: -2 Opp Power, Min 5 and De Couture the 7/4 Revenge : +4 Life.
Pr Hartnell starts off with solid stars, 7/6 is arguably the best stats a 4 star can receive, then his ability Courage: -2 opp power, min 5 just increases his stability, letting him bring cards that are 9 power and lower to his level or lower. It also allows him to fight off Bangers/allstars pretty well. His only downsides being soa/sob/dr's which really almost every card has problems with. De Couture stats are also very strong, 7/4 is still solid on a 4 star. His ability is his strong point, being able to bring +4 life after losing a round. He's essentially a more stable version of Amanie.

Both very strong cards and are both excellent 4 stars in general.
3/17
DUC-San - Titan - Dutch Urban Crew English
Friday 30/05, 22:27

Their weakness
9 cards
-0 confidence
-1 revenge [De Couture]
-2 courage [Boomstock, Pr Hartnell]
-2 reprisal (Dr Van Wesel Ld, Kenjy]
-2 first round cards [Dr Copernica, Molder]
-Octana isn't good in last round

Only Reeplay doesn't have this

I won't use them with a clan like Huracan or Vortex who have 2/3 of that abilities (confidence, courage ...)
That's there main weakness atm
4/17
Friday 30/05, 22:39

And then finally we get to our two 5 star options: Octana the 8/6 Defeat: Recover 1 Pillz Out Of 2 and Dr Copernica the 7/7 +1 Atk Per Pillz Left.

Starting with Octana let's take a look at her stats. Octana has one of the best stats for a 5 star in the game, exactly like Selina. Her raw power and damage are very menacing and her ability to give you pills if she loses the battle is also stellar. She's easily an amazing bluff card or a card to force pills in general. Her ability to be a double edged sword is fantastic.

Finally, we have Dr Copernica the 7/7 +1 Atk Per Pillz Left.. Her stats are great, her 7 damage is extremely threatening and her 7 power still keeps her at a stable level. Her ability has great synergy with her bonus, and allows her to gain extra power after the first round. She will still have to fight for her place for the 5 star, but I really think it will go down to preference, in type2 she will have great synergy with Octana.

All in all, two great 5 stars.

But here comes the problem, no one in their clan is actually.. bad? Not even mediocre cards yet. I'm worried that if they continue to get releases like this, that they'll just spiral out of control. It could just all be in my head, but so far I don't have anything to lead me to believe otherwise.
5/17
Friday 30/05, 22:41

Dr Copernica is in no way a first round card, neither is Molder.

Molder's min is still 5, he can be used really in any round.

Dr Copernica is still a solid 7/7, her ability only helps her to victory, she doesn't require it. Also by the last round you should still have at least 1 pill thanks to their bonus.

Octana is still an 8/6 in the last round, I wouldn't say she's bad because she can't use her defeat ability.
6/17
TheOPG - Guru - Casual Grind English
Friday 30/05, 23:00

If you don't mind, I'm going to answer your thread title twice:

In the short run, yes. As of now, the Riots have a really solid lineup of bitchin' cards and if Boostr decides to make the Patriarch a badass of Noctezuma proportions then sure, they will get out of hand. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, though, because variety is the spice of life and people buying packs lets Boostr create more spice.

In the long run, I wouldn't bet on it. As the post-Riots meta stabilizes, ban-worthy cards will be banned and other clans will continue getting great cards. We'll have a bunch of neat new cards, but chances are the game will return to normal before too long.

In closing, remember the Huracan. Just because one clan is hot now doesn't mean they'll be hot six months from now.
7/17
Dexwell - Imperator - URBAN MADNESS English
Friday 30/05, 23:39

So far, while they are looking very solid there is a great variety with abilities. To me it looks like they won't only be a solid clan, but one with a lot of choices for deck building. They aren't amazingly OP, as DUC-San pointed out almost all of their abilities are situational so I really don't see a problem. Another thing is, I would hope that all clans would have solid cards in each start spot, this isn't the case I realize but it doesn't mean it would be a bad thing. These guys are going to be good for all game modes and thats great.

YourPetChicken is right I think, in the sense that in the long run we will see stabilization, Riots will lose that hot streak and in the end they will only add to the games variety in terms of choices we as players can make. I think they'll be great mono and just as good in a split deck. Just because we don't see those mediocre cards yet doesn't mean they won't come. If there was even one bad card out of the release each time, people would be rioting...but no seriously people would complain about that also. They are solid cards, but they aren't OP, so I'm not worried and am excited to start running them once prices stabilize.
8/17
AsianRepublic - Titan - E X C A L I B U R English
Saturday 31/05, 11:53

They are rioting against Urban Rivals tho
9/17
neo_08ms - Veteran - knights of oblivion English
Saturday 31/05, 12:18

They aren't out of hand if you consider all the Sentinels running rampant in Tourneys.
10/17
Kefalo - Titan - Casual Grind English
Saturday 31/05, 15:37

Well, tbh, the best thing about them is the bonus, really, and it's quite a strong one. Bound to shake up survivor a bit (allthough survivor being the "anything goes" format, it might be a mite hard dislodging the staples).

The cards themselves are nothing we haven't seen before, the artwork is boring, brown and samey, the stats are solid, but so far the only card that made me ponder the actual power level of it is Molder. Just because he's innovative.

Card by card:

Kenjyi - on reprisal a fine little obstacle with a pill on him, on courage... sub par Vortex 2*.
Molder - 8/5 2* and 3* are quite playable, allthough he's shakey and predicatble and... IDK, but he looks like a pivot skilltester card, could even be good.
Heartnell - Quite a powerhouse, tbh, on courage he's kind of like a 5* All Star, on reprisal you do other things.
Octana - is Eebitza with KO worthy damage. Eebitza's a huge PITA, so it's safe to suppose Octana will be too.
Weasel Ld - He's a 9 power 3*. Also CoB. Situational, but probably staple. There's better 9 power cards in the game allready, allthough he's pretty good.
Boomstock - shakey 2* 8/5. Not terrible, but shakier than most, since if he runs into SoA he loses both power and damage.
De Couture - Meh, El Mercurio isn't used much, allthough he is better in most ways. Time will tell.
Reeplay - looks like a staple in my book. We've had simmilar before 8/4 3* but this is an +8 attack manip via bonus.
Coppernica - +17 attack. Boring but scary.

« Previous12Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals