Riots growing out of hand?

Friday 30/05, 22:17
Eloxia - Titan English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
17 messages
Eloxia - Titan - D-VersifiedEnglish - Friday 30/05, 22:17

Normally I'll complain about how the new clan is too strong but then I look at their cons and I realize that they're just as good as any other clan. However, I have yet to see really any downsides the the Riots except their lack of attack manipulation. Their bonus unless you have SOB will always activate, gaining them +3 pills best case scenario. This would be fine if their cards weren't so solid.

Now let's take a look at some of the cards in the clan.

For our two star options we have:
Boomstock the 6/3 Courage: +2 Power/damage and Kenjy the 7/2 Reprisal: +10 attack. Both of these options are fantastic 2 stars, I would call them overpowered, but very solid. Both of their downsides are their turn operative abilities, but other than that they're both very powerful cards.

Four our three star options we have: Molder the 8/1 -4 Opp. life min 4, Dr Van Wesel Ld the 9/3 Reprisal: Copy Bonus Opp., and Reeplay the 8/4 Protection: power. Molder is amazing, unless he's hit by SOA he's able to dish out 5 damage while also having his 8 power back him up. Dr Van Wesel Ld is the first card ever to have 9 power, which works stellar with his ability to copy the opponents bonus, his only downfall is his 3 damage and his turn operative ability. Then finally we have Reeplay the 8/4 beast with the ability to protect her power from decreasing, very solid card, her weakness is her ability to get hit by damage reducers.

So far the 2/3 star of this clan are all very solid, with few weaknesses.
« Previous12Next »

11/17
Thoazol - Legend - Wise Men Distracted English
Saturday 31/05, 17:49

"De Couture - Meh, El Mercurio isn't used much, allthough he is better in most ways. Time will tell."
I think De Couture's usefulness comes mostly down on how much life manipulation we'll get in Riots. El Mercurio is a little bit of a bad comparison since he was released later and had already fierce competition for the 4* spot, plus his ability and bonus having a weakish synergy.
12/17
ddjjm - Legend - Symphony English
Saturday 31/05, 22:36

Riots are kept in check by heavy pilling with strong cards
13/17
TheOPG - Imperator - Casual Grind English
Saturday 31/05, 23:51

I can imagine certain Jungo builds countering the Riots well.

Ongh/Radek/Jean/Buba in the beginning high pill rounds followed by Rodney/Mindy/Boohma/Askai/Troompah in the later low-pill rounds. You could also probably come up with a similar La Junta build, but I'm not as familiar with them.
14/17
Kefalo - Titan - Casual Grind English
Sunday 01/06, 00:04

Depending on the mode you can do it several possible ways with La Junta. FPC are loaded with bonus stoppers, All Stars ought to give them a hard time, SoB should actually work fairly well against them, etc etc.

Also, what I ment about De Couture is that he's kinda better than El Mercurio, not the other way around, so yeah, time will tell. shaky 7/8 4* with pseudo +7 attack manip isn't necessarily bad at all, revenge is easy enough to trigger, Riots are kinda difficult to predict right now, and triggering revenge with them can actually be fun and profitable. Now that I think about it, dude's a fine nuke, probably, and bland looking enough to not draw too much attention.
15/17
bOCneehog - Titan - Open Casket English
Sunday 01/06, 01:41

Wait for the next NB release. We will see a card with Victory or Defeat: +2 life, as well as a 9 power card for another clan. They seem OP now, but down the road, just like any new clan, they will change the meta of the game and they won't seem so OP. Case in point: Huracan
16/17
Daxose - Legend - URBAN MADNESS English
Tuesday 03/06, 15:54

They seem OP based on their stats and abilities, I would agree with that. But their entire clan (basically) is situationally based, so they can only be played at certain points, making them more predictable. I would say GHEIST/Roots/Nightmare/Piranas are the best way to counter them, or an attack manipulation clan.

But yes, the characters that are out now are slightly OP especially for the first 2 releases. Lets see what cards come down the line.
17/17
slowtortoise - Senior - Casual Grind English
Tuesday 10/06, 03:10

Dr Van Wesel - Just a solid versatile card. Copy Opp Bonus can hold alot of things.
Octana - Just a solid card that can do alot of good things.

I think the main advantage of the Riots is that they are incredibly versatile and they are good at everything. That is also their weakness. The fact that they have a counter to everything makes gameplay very linear and easy to disrupt. If you figured out what your enemy was playing along with you could stop their De Couture from having a revenge turn for example and counter easily.

That said, their bonus makes them hard to stave off. They only get harder each round, unlike Huracan, who have a powerful early game and surrender easily later.

I really hope they nerf the next few Riot cards. I want to collect them in the future (I love steampunk) but I don't want them to be overplayed or get alot of ELO bans so yeah, the cards need to be dimmed down a bit.

« Previous12Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals