What's with the hate on Duel?

Sunday 01/06, 13:07
Kefalo - Titan English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
13 messages
Kefalo - Titan - Casual GrindEnglish - Sunday 01/06, 13:07

I see a lot of hate towards the Duel mode. However, every other mode takes much more time, rewards anything but big collections and tons of talent / free time more, and generally upsets my daily schedule. Some players can get to their ELO Mark in an hour or 2, some can play just one tounrey and that's it, but I'm pretty sure most can't. Most players can't get anywhere in survivor and in deathmatch the rewards are not al that exciting and you generally run into all sorts of crap.

So while I'm a veteran and all that, I mostly play duels and do missions in classic (or now in the guild room). This also means I log in every day, check my market stuff, check my guild, and play my daily duel. Sometimes I play some ELO, sometimes I play a tourney, but for tourneys you have to set your schedule by Urban Rivals, and ELO can be swingy and it's hard to predict how much time it will take.

But if you have an hour and want some relaxing play, there's no reason not to do a duel. What's with all the "remove duel from premises" hate posts? I don't see many here, but then the english speaking forums aren't very active, but every other post in the italian forums on any topic is about removing Duel...
« Previous12Next »

2/13
Kefalo - Titan - Casual Grind English
Sunday 01/06, 13:11

*first sentence - doesn't reward anything but big collections and tons of talent
3/13
Hoatzin - Veteran - War Party English
Sunday 01/06, 13:35

The problem isn't playing duel, the problem is reaching the limit and still continuing. Way too many people do this. Instead of playing other modes they only play duel. Out of 2000 players online, 1300 are in duel. How to win at duel? Just wait till kate overpills. Duel should be removed, altered so missions no longer work there, the fights shouldn't be counted in your win/loss ratio (history) & the amount of battle points should be reduced.
4/13
Thoazol - Legend - Wise Men Distracted English
Sunday 01/06, 13:38

I suppose it's mostly from the fact that you can beat Kate without using your brain and at least before you could trick her into fighting you infinitely for extremely easy rewards. Granted they're not good ones, but still insanely easy ones.
5/13
Sunday 01/06, 14:14

Well, the way I see it, most people playing duels are playing them because other modes are, well, unplayable. Out of 2000 players playing online it seems to me like a miracle that only 1300 are in a duel. Put yourself into a casual/newbies perspective - other modes don't offer you anything. They don't really offer you much even if you're a veteran. The XP is meaningless (and now unobtainable), the clintz few and far between, UR IS Duel, and the numbers kind of just show that.

Now, is someone is cheating his way to more than one duel par day, that's just an exploit, but there's perfectly sensible reasons not to play anything else, really.
6/13
Sunday 01/06, 14:16

Plus, the way ELO works, if that's the other thing you play besides Duel, once you've got to where you wanted, you're not going to risk falling back down again. So if you reach whatever on say, wednesday, there's nothing to do in UR until possibly firday, or even next week.
7/13
Thoazol - Legend - Wise Men Distracted English
Sunday 01/06, 14:26

The way Elo works is that you have to play later in the week of the system drops you down for inactivity. In higher rankings you even have a fight quota to meet before you're considered active. That's why the semi-casual Elo players don't show up before the weekend.

The newbies are understandable that they play Duel for free cards that can at best make their deck infinitely times better. But what about those who gain almost as little from Duel than all the other modes?
8/13
DUC-San - Titan - Dutch Urban Crew English
Sunday 01/06, 14:36

Duel is easiest way to do missions. In Classic people just don't let you win with a card or when you have poison working, they don't let you do some extra poison damage and try to fast KO. Kate only goes for 2hko 10% of the time. So missions go 3x as fast there
9/13
Sunday 01/06, 14:40

I know how ELO works, but, as I've said, I you reach your objective on time you don't have to play anymore for a good while.

Well, technicaly, you don't ever earn forn Duel as little as you do from other modes. You always get a card, and if the card is not worth your time, you don't play. I mean, I'm a vet and a duel player, that's what it's like for me. Also, duel can be played piecemeal over a long time - 2 games now, 2 games later... Also, you can play duel while you surf, watch a stream, prepare food, whatever. Also, your connection breaking doesn't mess up an hour worth of time, and it's less stressful. I'm pretty sure there's a load of people who appreciate that.
10/13
Sunday 01/06, 14:42

And there's more reason to go play any of the million other games than be someone's cannon fodder in DT's, especially at the moment.

« Previous12Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals