Problems with tournament settings

Tuesday 18/03/2008, 00:16
kilantolshi - Imperator English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
24 messages
kilantolshi - Imperator English - Tuesday 18/03/2008, 00:16

I'm certain many players have noticed, but 1st place tends to accrue around 300 battle points in a tournament.
I have a lot of trouble believing this as I am continually finding players who ignore my challenge (let it time out, wasting 1-2 minutes of play time) or even worse, they accept and then let the battle almost time out before making their move, each move.
I for one am sick and tired of these players whose sole purpose is to stop those who aren't friends/guildmates from placing high in tournaments. Their actions are making it so this game has less appeal for those who actually play. They are a problem and their actions need to be dealt with or countered in some way.

The difficulty is in how to do this. So here is what I propose. We find a way that us (as the players) can agree to as a majority to reduce the unfairness of these players. We then petition Urban Rivals to enact the agreed to changes in a future update.

So how can we decrease these unfair practices? I have three viable ideas myself (and would gladly look over any additional opinions from other players)

Options located in below post
« Previous123Next »

21/24
heartbeatracer - Imperator English
Thursday 27/03/2008, 23:40

Or having a nudge button like on msn that pops up after 10 seconds of waiting that gets your opponents attention, and if they don't respond within a certain amount of time... say 15-30 seconds they forfeit
22/24
Pyro HoA - Imperator English
Friday 28/03/2008, 03:08

I think the blacklist thing is good, but not a major blacklist because people would abuse it. If you blacklisted a player he or she should only appear black on your screen and not on every screen. I also like the idea of a reduced time limit, like instead of 60 seconds it would be 45 or 30. =D
23/24
Window Licker - Imperator English
Friday 28/03/2008, 21:10

A simple solution would be to create a tournament with, instead of time, a fixed amout of battles.

i.e. X amount of tournaments per day spanning Y hrs, the player then has to play Z matches within those Y hrs (but only random to stop guilds teaming up to play each other) the winner is then decided as per normal.

It is, in effect, a cross between elo and daily's.
24/24
LF-jelly - Senior English
Sunday 30/03/2008, 11:41

I experienced that too maybe because of the internet connection

« Previous123Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals