Squelching the Rumormongering

Wednesday 09/04/2008, 17:37
StormWhisper - Titan English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
37 messages
StormWhisper - Titan - Wise Men DistractedEnglish - Wednesday 09/04/2008, 17:37

I want to put an end to this rumor mongering about what cards are coming out. I don't mean the discussions about what the next clan may be, I mean these strange rumors like a Pussycat Card named Sylvia. (Which by the way I have on authority from the Design team does not exist, nor do they plan to make anything of the sort).

Only and I do mean ONLY the design staff knows what cards are coming next, and I assure you, they aren't telling.

Even when I did the English editing for the cards, I only knew clans and names. Not stats. No, I don't do that anymore and even if I did, I wouldn't tell anyone what I knew. Lets put it this way, the last new clan I did any editing on was Freaks. One of the newer Admins picked up the job before I became an Admin, and I've been busy with other things.

So basically, anyone who tells you, Oh well I heard X card is coming. Not happening. Only a handful of staff know what cards are coming beforehand. Those are the people on the design team, and since they aren't going to tell you, there's no reason to believe anything anyone tells you about new card X.

StormWhisper
« Previous1234Next »

31/37
Jigz0r - Hero English
Friday 11/04/2008, 14:52

6billion actually
the worst thing, worst then slow players is random attack
also my the game doesnt always run properly i have to refresh it a lot just incase some1 made a move and it didnt register i do use mozilla
32/37
Tanto89 - Titan - X. LycurguS .X English
Friday 11/04/2008, 16:01

I must say, with all this upgrade (Public preset, etc), I think UR did their best
so maybe we just need to wait what surprise that UR prepare for us..

(PS: well, I hope a chance getting Cr in a pack, but never think it will get approved, poor players outside France and Italy )
33/37
StormWhisper - Titan - Wise Men Distracted English
Friday 11/04/2008, 18:15

@Thunderstorm: Because if we made a tournament room like that it would open up a HUGE can of worms and unbalance the game again.

Here's the problem with that. We strive to make the game not only fun but fair. If we have a 30 second timer room (I actually proposed a 5 minute timer, for the entire match). So what happens is everyone goes in there, and plays quick matches. The players in normal Type 1 and Type 2 rooms can't compete, because the ultra fast room allows people to play matches in under two minutes. However it also opens up the floor for lots of mistakes.

It's a mess that is simply a bad idea.

We wanted to release the new version today but we had some issues with the quick challenge looping. We think we've fixed that and the new version should be out soon. There are some cosmetic changes, as well as some changes in the way Quick Challenge works. I think everyone will be pleased with the results, even if you don't immediately see them (though we will tell you what they are once it's released).

StormWhisper
34/37
FAST IS FUN - Legend - Wise Men Distracted English
Friday 11/04/2008, 18:36

StormWhisper: Thanks much for letting us know what you can. I'd agree that an ultra-fast room would be bad, and I actually don't want to see non-random in the dailies b/c people would do a lot more math and play would slow down markedly. But some small changes to quick challenge (don't challenge someone you just played, esp. if the game was too long, preferentially challenge people with low average game times) or the time out mechanics (chess clock, with max per move AND max per match timers) could make the dailies much more fair and fun for all. Happy to hear that it's something the staff thinks about too!
35/37
Me10c - Novice English
Friday 11/04/2008, 18:46

Hmm so its fair when you lose 100 places cuz someone forgot to pay his net Bill ...
i always say - if you have slow net dont play online games ... kind of if you dont have good PC dont play WoW ...
36/37
TNT_Shadow - Legend - TRiNiTY English
Friday 11/04/2008, 20:04

Keep up the work storm and others
this is onli a suggestion

beside the battle there could be a box for typing to talkto the other player in the battle
but then others might try to tell them to play a certian card
and if say a person lost a round it might start bad mouthing during the game

but most players are not like that so this is just a suggestion
plz take this thought into consideration
this has most likely been suggested so thank for your time
**i feel like im doing a presentation at skool lolz**

TNT_Shadow
37/37
Gazda - Titan - Elite Balkan United Русский
Friday 11/04/2008, 20:47

I think it is possible without any making problems to system, to somehow ease the pain for serious players about that issue, you can simply put that clock in a corner not to start over in every new turn, but to continue from where it was stoped last time when players threw a card.. and increase that time a little, then prevents the opposite player not to wait last second on each card to threw it.. I was thinking that 40 sec per card is just fine and considering you dont need time for last card 120 sec will be enough in Non Elo Rooms... I've noticed that Storm proposed similar answer but not sure what are the details, how she or he ment that system to works...

« Previous1234Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals