Randomness in elo!!

Randomness in elo!!
Friday 13/04/2007, 21:43
impysin - Senior English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
11 messages
Randomness in elo!!
impysin - Senior - (¯`·.._.·S.I.N·._..·´¯)English - Friday 13/04/2007, 21:43

Maybe it is only me but i think randomness should be removed in elo mode it really sucks when you have a great deck and strategy the battle locked up and lose because of randomness expecially in a mode where you are trying to find the best player. The randomness takes away the skill factor and replaces it with luck. Just an example i had a Kenny with bonus and 6 pillz against a Oryon with 1 pill and lose. 36 to 1 attack and i lost ????
I know there is a room where the randomness is disabled but there is no one there so if anyone else feels this way meet me there.
« Previous12Next »

11/11
Malcomphnxevo - Novice English
Sunday 22/04/2007, 09:40

The problem is a matter of economics. The number of collector cards will increase over time, which means the number of effective tournament legal collector cards will follow suit. Because the only way most players can ever obtain collectors is by placing high in the ELO tournament, then as the advantage of having collectors in your deck increases the ability for newer players to competitively obtain them decreases because they're facing opponents with more tricks than they have access to. While the issue may be contained at present, the mechanism is forward acting.

Consider that Marlysa is destined to become a collector because she's Soleil. She's also the game's best two drop as reflected in her price on the market. So what happens when she becomes a collector and is still tournament legal? Fang Pi players without access to her will be at a pretty big disadvantage facing those who can use her.

I enjoy the ELO mode regardless of whether or not I ever place high enough to get a reward, but speaking strictly as an observer of the mechanics, the game should introduce a third mechanism for obtaining collectors. It seems easier in the long run than perpetual tuning anyway.

« Previous12Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals