How to deal with time wasting player?

Tuesday 17/04/2007, 17:18
Eve Villain - Master English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
14 messages
Eve Villain - Master English - Tuesday 17/04/2007, 17:18

In tournaments, sometimes i foughtt players who acctualy takes 3 minutes per round(they made their moves at the last seconds) i dunno if they were 5 years old, or idiots.
please help its really frustating.
« Previous12Next »

11/14
Jerre Muesli - Titan Deutsch
Sunday 29/04/2007, 12:07

OMG, i was in a tournament like 2 minutes ago, and the last battle the guy was wasting SO much time !!
so the tournament ends and i end up losing 73 battle points
I could be 7th place, now i'm 28th place...
GOD i hate it so much!! You simply get to much time. Even in ELO mode, i don't think 3 minutes. wtf
12/14
DerMagus - Legend - Tequila Sunrise- UR Deutsch
Sunday 29/04/2007, 16:29

Yeah, two days ago I was securely on rank 32. Then, one game, that guy takes it to last around 10 to twelve minutes. Rank 73.. got back to 52 in one more game after that. But it is depressing.... and quite a financial blow. I guess censorship prevents me from uttering here what I think of such people but it should be quite clear anyway. How about a king of "free withdrawal from combat" if your opponent takes >2 minutes for a round? You could then either sit it out or simply treat the fight as if it had never happened (or maybe with ending it and just giving the points for lost/won rounds to both). Does not seem exploitable to me and would at least give an option to end painfully long games.
Other idea: make a game mode with a clock like in chess - 3 minutes total time for playing, if time runs out, that player loses and the other wins. (3 minute seem more than enough for a game to me. Bad connection? Not my problam. Yeah, that is perhaps egoistical. But this is a game I want to enjoy and people with bad connections effectively prevent that. They might not be blamed honestly... but what you do in your head IS blaming them for them. In the end it boils down to slow connections' owners being slow players that badly affect your enjoyment of the game. And, honestly: least of the slow players I suppose to have bad connections.)
13/14
Bloodmoor - Imperator English
Sunday 29/04/2007, 23:24

This is true Sacman....I was deliberately stalled out of the running at least twice by the same clan.I just refuse their challenges now.As for being common clan policy....I don't think so.Most clans are honerable and have some excellent players and people in them.There are some clans I even seek out for their notorious fair-play....
14/14
ilv19 - Guru English
Monday 30/04/2007, 18:19

Yeah it's a problem for both high level and low level. Bad connection isn't an excuse. I just started playing this game, but I have to go to a internet cafe every tournament (which is quite far from where i live) with a good/decent connection since the internet connection in my area is bad, so I don't make people wait/waste their(and my) time.
I say people should be (at least temporarily) banned if caught often wasting time time!
Either it's because of bad connection or worst, a Clan strategy!
1 time it's forgiveable but more than that no way!

« Previous12Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals