Openings

Openings
Wednesday 21/01/2009, 16:10
XC Bangor - Titan English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
77 messages
Openings
XC Bangor - Titan - E X C A L I B U REnglish - Wednesday 21/01/2009, 16:10

Openings in games are very important. why this though because if you screw up your opening it could ruin your chances of winning and make it hard to win.

EVO opening- lets start with a bit of history EVO stans for evolution because back in the old days before the lost warehouse this was the play to get xp for the cards. so the combonation is like this 6pillz 0pillz 6pillz despite this being an old tactic this tactic can be still used in the game of Urban-rivals.

advantages- reliable especially with a card like Hawk (R). sets u up for 2hit kos.

disadvantages- if a person plays no pillz u are screwed. if a person does the same thing and wins u will have lost not only pillz but have at big hole in your life. dosen't work against Piranas at all with their annoying pill mulnipulation.

bluff- simply play no pillz

advantages- puts u at an almost certain advantage into the next game. if you play it right can deplete your oppenent of pillz.

disadvantages- can be predicted especially when u have a blocker in your hand. if someone plays 2-4 pillz (e.g Jackie (R) or Hawk (R)) it can considered as a loss.

high powered counterbluffing- playing a high powered card like Hawk (R) at 2pillz.

advantages- catches your oppenent out and makes him lose alot of life for only 2 pillz. if the oppenent pillz out at least u will be at an advantage next round.

continued
« Previous12345678Next »

11/77
DerMagus - Legend - Tequila Sunrise- UR Deutsch
Thursday 22/01/2009, 22:12

Nice summary. I'd like to add:

The "Screw it!" opening (what you called "bluff", i just want to say a bit more ). Play a card that won't help you without pillz. Admittedly this is not really a good opening but one born of necessity. Talk about a Nightmare player (low poer) facing a Jungo deck with >7 power on all, support extra attack and enemy power reduction. [almost certain loss anyway. I got the feeling that with new clans and higher power cards, Nightmare gets really pounded on. I win considerably less... but I digress]. The thing here is: there are games where you cannot win, only the opponent can lose. Sometimes you need to give him that opportunity to lose. Which is mostly giving him opportunity to spend pillz which won't really help him.

"Safe" opening: SOA+SOB card. Only works if oponent has no really high damage card. I like this with Dieter, personally. Variate with 0-3 pillz for unpredictability depending on situation. It is neither exactly defensive nor offensive... and will mess up quite a few of the more prevalent decks, i found. [but be aware: advanced players might simply be willing to throw their Kolos against a SOA... just because.]

Poison opening: well, play a poison card. Depending on situation it may be used as well as 1/0 pill bluff or seriously. This is more a "natural opener", then any advanced idea, though.

That said: finally a nice opening/how to pill thread! yay! I doubt it can get much better without explicit situation analysis.
12/77
XC Bangor - Titan - E X C A L I B U R English
Thursday 22/01/2009, 23:06

*a sign of a relief from UM-1984*
thx der magnus
omg i spelt his name wrong
13/77
Lord Urizen - Veteran - xtremerival guild English
Thursday 22/01/2009, 23:28

This opening thing is a grea thread.
14/77
Kate - Urban Rivals Staff English
Friday 23/01/2009, 00:09

Good job
15/77
Mahou_Otome - Master English
Friday 23/01/2009, 04:35

What opening would you use if you have a low budge Uppers/All Stars deck vs superhigh cost piranhas?
16/77
Friday 23/01/2009, 16:09

Well i would use dermagnus' safe opening why because the Piranas have an annoying selection of -pillz +pillz cards
17/77
Friday 23/01/2009, 16:58

Sticky? mods yes/no
anywho ty everyone for the thanks
18/77
ShadowRocker - Hero Español
Friday 23/01/2009, 18:26

Its an excellent thread and very helpful! Thanks to everyone for this great contribution!
19/77
Tanto89 - Titan - X. LycurguS .X English
Friday 23/01/2009, 20:03

@mahou:
we can't decide it, which opening
different opening for different situation
your opp has Bloodh is different with your opp has dalhia
20/77
Saturday 24/01/2009, 17:00

Heres a vid i made ages ago on openings
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4Q_SJ02Z58

« Previous12345678Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals