Password theft !!!
Monday 26/01/2009, 09:39
Euzebe - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
93 messages
Password theft !!!
Euzebe - Legend English - Monday 26/01/2009, 09:39

Hello,

Some players are spamming messages giving a link to a website promising clintz, cards and credits.

On this site, people are asked to give their user name and password first.
This kind of sites are ALWAYS created to scam players and steal their password.
If you try to use this kind of sites, you will never get free cards. It's a lie !!
Your own cards will just be stolen few hours after you gave your password.

NEVER give your password to anybody.
« Previous12345678910Next »

11/93
ON_Ragnarok - Titan - Carry ON Português
Monday 26/01/2009, 14:20

Don't forget that there are 12/13 year old children playing this game. Some of them are still very naive and could fall for the more complex scams. Still they are the kind of people who don't read the forums so this kind of posts is actually the same as nothing to them. This kind of thing should be sent by Kate as a message to all players and not just a post in these forums.
Anyway cheating sucks and it's for losers. If you cheat into scamming other players you will get caught and banned for life in UR. And that serves you right.
12/93
Capn Clintz - Titan English
Monday 26/01/2009, 14:29

So when they sign up for this game they don't read where it says "The staff will never ask for your password"? *Not quoted word for word.* or any game for that matter. Any website that requires a password always says "Never give your account information out to anyone." Naive or not it is their fault.
13/93
ON_Nsane - Titan - Carry ON Português
Monday 26/01/2009, 14:42

That's a good idea, send advertisement through Kate
Then players would be able to enable/disable ads from Kate. Sure it would open kids eyes.
Or maybe just make advertisement in the News section in the main page, then all players will see it, even if they don't want to.
14/93
-Cypher- - Titan - Open Casket English
Monday 26/01/2009, 15:19

It's stated PAINFULLY clearly in the terms of use etc already, if they don't read those then they probably won't read a message from Kate about it either.
15/93
ON_Nsane - Titan - Carry ON Português
Monday 26/01/2009, 15:32

I've sended my idea to Euzebe a way that all the players will see the message even if they don't want to, and that way can be used to many other things .
16/93
-Brook-O_C - Titan English
Monday 26/01/2009, 16:23

Does people actually fall for this?!
It's so old! People should knoow not to give their password to anyone!!

And @ ON_Ragnarok - That first line..... But I would never fall for such a trick.....even if i may be 12/13 years old.................which i'm not! (looks both ways and run away)
17/93
kaneholt_nwnf - Imperator English
Monday 26/01/2009, 16:55

Im 10 and i am not eva going to even look at that site
18/93
TNT_Shadow - Legend - TRiNiTY English
Monday 26/01/2009, 18:21

Ragnarok.. im still only around that age (over 13 tho) XD

but, sensible and alotta people say mature for my age XD
thats off topic tho.

Im actually getting sick of all these websites and people trying to scam people for cards ! >.<
Hopefully no one will fall for a trick like this, but im sure some people will.

(\__/)
(='.'=) Shadow.
(" ("
19/93
_wise_ - Legend - the courtyard of shadows English
Monday 26/01/2009, 19:59

Im 13 but im not stupid
20/93
--Freddy-- - Master English
Monday 26/01/2009, 20:01

Brook it's lots of people that falls for that.

« Previous12345678910Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals