ELO Mode modification proposal

Thursday 24/05/2007, 21:35
Fraggle - Admin English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
34 messages
Fraggle - Admin - Clint StaffEnglish - Thursday 24/05/2007, 21:35

In order to add more fair play (and so.. interrestigness) to the ELO mode, we have read the message boards and an idea seems very interresting: limit the ability to challenge another ELO player based on both ELO values.
We don't want to penalize refusals in general, because we think it's too much uncomfortable for the honest players.

Here come the proposal: an ELO player can only challenge a player whose ELO value is between -50 and +150 of his own.

Example:
A 1000 player can only challenge someone 950 to 1150.
A 1100 player can only challenge someone 1050 to 1250.
A 1200 player can only challenge someone 1150 to 1350.
A 1300 player can only challenge someone 1250 to 1450.
A 1400 player can only challenge someone 1350 to 1550 (if any at THAT level one day).

Thus, a courageous lower than you, player can challenge you but a higher elo player cannot "choose" his opponents in the lowers players for easy wins. It would also limit some kind of cheat (arranged games).

Let us know what you think of it. If you are OK, we'll add it quickly.
« Previous1234Next »

31/34
T4rryT5ughman - Titan - Army of Darkness English
Saturday 26/05/2007, 20:16

OK... I say let's see how it works although it maybe easier to way we are challenged. Yet, cheaters should be ashamed of themselves.
32/34
dubrox - Senior English
Sunday 27/05/2007, 00:12

0-JP

good point... i gotta buy a new mouse cuz my mouse don't have a wheel (old old model )

Everybody

at last i think it'd be good to try and poll
33/34
DarknDemonic - Guru - Army of Darkness English
Sunday 27/05/2007, 04:04

If and when this new system is put into play will there be some sort of notice that the change has taken place or what?
and to get off topic or anything
but I for one hope that there is never a penalization put in place for those who refuse an ELO challenge.
to many things go on in RL unexpectedly to do that. also there are some people that have list of players they will not battle because of unfair play.

how about a test run of the limits before you actually place them in full force?
34/34
Fraggle - Admin - Clint Staff English
Sunday 27/05/2007, 07:01

JP: the CR prizes are all automatic drawn.
All: we check the top ELO (and the daily tournaments top) every day.

Thanks, thread closed
Next week, the modification will be in place.

« Previous1234Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals