Urban Rivals
?
Register            Already signed up to the game →  
Click here if you forgot your password.

New Playing Stye: MPX (for Max Character XP in Lost Warehouse)

Sunday 03/06/2007, 05:38
Baron WMD - Master English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
20 messages
Baron WMD - Master English - Sunday 03/06/2007, 05:38

Alot of people play with "EVO" in their name and play under the EVO playing style (6 pills, 0 pills, 6 pills, 0 pills). Fewer people play with "HAN" in their name and play under the HAN playing style (only god knows what that is).

I am proposing a new playing style called MPX which stands for Max Experience. This playing style would be used only in the lost warehouse and would signify to fellow players that your goal is to acheive Maximum Character Experience for each of your Characters by:

1. Ensuring that all 4 rounds of the battle are played;
2. Selecting Characters with the lowest amount of stars to attack and use 6 pills (if you play the first card in the round, then it should always be the card with least amount of stars and played with 6 pills);
3. Selecting Characters with the highest amount of stars to defend and use no pills (if you play the second card in the round, then it should always be the card with the highest amount of stars and played with no pills);
4. Making your deck have all unevolved characters (except for Vansaar, you may use multiple Vansaar's if you have a large deck).

If people would adhere to these guidelines, then we will all be out of the lost warehouse alot sooner and playing better in Daily Tourneys and in ELO mode. So, lets all agree to stop being stupid and start saving ourselves alot of time. Use the MXP in your nickname to show that you are not interested in wasting your (and other players' time).

Thanks,
Fishibaron
« Previous12Next »

11/20
0 Prophet-Cr - Titan English
Sunday 03/06/2007, 15:40

Yh i agree as long as u get 4 rounds thn it all good
12/20
0-Jade - Titan - URBAN MADNESS English
Sunday 03/06/2007, 15:53

Maybe if all damage in warehouse is reduced to zero and fight ends once all four cards have entered battle. And maybe all battle there ends in a draw.
13/20
DerMagus - Legend - Tequila Sunrise- UR Deutsch
Sunday 03/06/2007, 16:53

Slowly suggestions get ridiculous...
Why not directly make a card's level selectable? (to make it explicit: that is sarcasm)

This would of course be idiotic. Higher levels still have to be "achieved". I think this is mainly an awareness problem. And partially an attitude problem. And the problem is one can not tell players who understood how it is supposed to work from those who did not. There is, unfortunately, no solution to it. (Not even personal ban lists. They would not solve it.)
14/20
Sunday 03/06/2007, 18:51

This system is really not that complicated .. by the first player playing his low level card first and putting 6 pills .. vs second player's highest level card .. you will ensure all four rounds and max xp
15/20
Jerre Muesli - Titan Deutsch
Sunday 03/06/2007, 20:41

Even though selecting a higher level just by a click of the mouse would be enormously ridiculous,
it would be very handy to DECREASE the level of your character for let's say ELO purpose.
16/20
Durak - Veteran English
Monday 04/06/2007, 11:52

Actually since I have only 4 cards I'm leveling at the moment I take in all lvl 5 cards that way I get good xp for my guys generally and I help (since I try to spend pilllz unless absolutely needed to stop ko) the other guy by giving a couple of 5's to lvl against.
17/20
Monday 04/06/2007, 21:25

Very good point durak.. lvl 5's ok if youre not interested in the win and you can create a deck that will ensure that all 4 rounds are played
18/20
AOD_CKANE - Imperator English
Tuesday 05/06/2007, 01:18

Fraggle has mentioned this a few times already and I'll just repeat him. The new LH ruleset makes EVO obsolete. Just play regular in Lost warehouse and you will get your characters leveled quickly.

Just play to win in the LH and either way both players win.

Adding "New Game Style X" to the onslaught of all the other ones just makes things confusing.
19/20
Tuesday 05/06/2007, 20:33

I respectfully disagree with your aod ckane.. if you only play 2 rounds of a battle because one player is trying to win, then you will not get as much card experience as you would if you played all 4 rounds as MXP would have you do. Also, in MXP each of the players using MXP would know when to play their cards so that they could have the most mismatched, unleveled, star proportioned character fights to again maximize individual card experience gained.

The system is not complicated at all, each player should try to put his lowest level card to win vs. the other player's highest level card and if you do it 4 times in a fight you will gain the maximum card experience per card.

There may still be people in the lost warehouse who want to play for a win, but I remind you that such a win is only worth 1 clint, 1 battle point, and 1 victory (for stats). It seems to me that in the lost warehouse, you make more battle points by leveling your characters, and that is done by getting character experience. MXP will help people level their characters faster.

Hopefully, people will use it .. I have not seen a single person besides myself and even I dont have the nametag on right now. hehe
Fishi
20/20
Jolly Roger - Legend - De asskickers Deutsch
Tuesday 05/06/2007, 21:29

You will level up cards quickly by playing normal........

BUT

When you play EVO it even goes faster ......so EVO is not obsolete !

Rembember; never let two cards of the same level fight each other (if you have the chose that is) because that will give you the least experience.....
It is always nice for a 4 star to play against a 1 star (both players get maximum experience)
Trow in a Vansaar if you want to level up at warp speed (you only level up 3 cards though......and your opponent will be happy with is a nice bonus )

« Previous12Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals