Chance, or something else?

Sunday 23/07/2006, 06:09
Myrilith - Veteran English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
19 messages
Myrilith - Veteran English - Sunday 23/07/2006, 06:09

I've noticed that some of my cards seem to consistently lose battles, no matter what their attack. For example, my lvl4 XU52 with 8 pillz (total of 32 atk) just lost to a lvl1 Robin with 0 pillz. I'd say it was just chance, except that it happened again. And again. My XU52 card has lost to its opponent for the last SEVEN games STRAIGHT, and every time it had a significantly higher atk. I've noticed the same thing with my Candy Jack card, as well. It loses every time.

Are some cards more (or less!) likely to win than others, or am I just the unluckiest person alive?
« Previous12Next »

11/19
AOD_CKANE - Imperator English
Monday 24/07/2006, 00:30

"man will endeaver to explain all that is unknown" --unknown.
12/19
TnC-Macthorpe - Imperator - Tea English
Tuesday 25/07/2006, 18:35

Ok... Copper with no pillz versus Dorian with 12 and Copper wins. Thats a 9-104 chance I think! Or rather nine times out of a hundred and thirteen fights. Probably not the best victory but it just seemed so damn implausable I had to tell someone!
13/19
Tuesday 25/07/2006, 18:49

Ok that really came back to bite me on the ass! the next match I had a similar event. The one after that both my cards with six pillz lost to ones with none! 'Sorry' to Kartman and Bic29 but 'Thanks for the rematch' to Shane974!
14/19
Tuesday 25/07/2006, 21:18

Well there is no real way to make a random number generator -- after all it's just another algorythm...
15/19
Wolfguard - Veteran English
Tuesday 25/07/2006, 22:40

Actually i just found out, that it all depends on what Clan or Faction your cards are in. For example, Bangers have a lower chance of success if they go againts a Sentinal or Upper, but they have a HIGH chance of winning if they go againts a Pussycat.
16/19
Wednesday 26/07/2006, 00:11

Theory or fact? I need evidence! Where did you get this new info!
17/19
Myrilith - Veteran English
Wednesday 26/07/2006, 01:08

Wolfguard, how did you find this out? What's your source?
18/19
Wednesday 26/07/2006, 21:52

Thats basically the same as theorizing without proof -- like an email from fraggle saying it. LOL
19/19
Lonith - Hero English
Wednesday 02/08/2006, 19:07

Who wins is not all about attack and power....
If you read the rules, there is an amount of chance in every fight.

(copy from the rules page)
"In a round, it's the Attack (ATK) of the characters that represents the chances of winning. If your character has an Attack of 10 and your opponent has the Attack of 5, it means that you have 10 chances over 15 to win, versus only 5 over 15 for your opponent."

A card with 1 attack still has a 2% chance to win agianst a card with 50 attack.

« Previous12Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals