Nightmare mono? or half pirana?

Wednesday 09/09/2009, 14:43
Nighthound3 - Senior English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
13 messages
Nighthound3 - Senior English - Wednesday 09/09/2009, 14:43

I understand that some or may I say most cards have the annoying clan bonus that makes their cards special(namely Montana, Roots/ghiest, Uppers, Jungo. So I made a deck made up of an SOB clan. I don't know If I should go for a mono Nightmare deck seeing as Nightmare's amazing cards are expensive(since my deck is composed of power/attack/damage manipulation) I thought of buying some of Pirana's pow/dam/att reducers namely Tula and etc. But I don't know, Most of the things I hear from other players are Kolos' incredible 1 hit KO and never what the other cards do.

As of now my deck Is as listed:

Sargh
Nerfeniti
Erzsebet
Eadh
Timmy
(The extra clan)
Luba
Dolly
(The extra Leader)
Hugo

all in all that's 25 stars.(building a T1 deck in case you needed hearing.)
« Previous12Next »

2/13
Syked - Veteran English
Wednesday 09/09/2009, 15:50

If you plan on running SoB clans then defintely run Nightmare/Piranas.

Defintely take out your leaders, sell them if you wish.

In most Piranas decks, you should have Hawkins, Smokey, maybe Tula, and I see Tyd alot. That's 11* right there.

So then you have your nightmares. The essentials are pretty expesive but you should keep your setup for now. I know the Piranas are very expensive as well. Your going after 2 expensive clans.
3/13
Wednesday 09/09/2009, 16:16

I'm planning on replacing Timmy with a Phyllis for a better poison to give more space to higher levels but don't know what to do with what's left.
4/13
onlyChaos - Guru English
Wednesday 09/09/2009, 16:19

TBH you've picked two of the worst clans to start with, for 2 reasons:

Firstly, Piranas are a difficult clan to play with - even level 40+ players can struggle getting the best out of them.

Secondly, most of Nightmare's quality cards are expensive for a noob to buy. And even if you could afford them, they are falling behind IMO, with lower than average power and a lack of new abilities like Confidence, Revenge, Stop etc.

The best recommendation you will get is this:

Sell all the cards you do not need/want and buy Montana. They have effective yet cheap cards. Then add Hugo in there, and play in DTs to start with, so you pick up your 50c tournament bonus, plus the clintz for the battles and maybe a credit if you do quite well.

You should find a deck like this: Hugo, Spiaghi, Prince Jr, Filomena, Oscar, Murphy, Veccio and Rosa to be very effective and relatively easy to win with, with an 18 attack bonus
5/13
Syked - Veteran English
Wednesday 09/09/2009, 16:38

I struggle at times beating most Montana teams. And I'll tell you why Nighthound3; there bonus is redicilous in 1+ pill fights.

They are great and cheap clan like onlyChaos said and they are quite effective.
6/13
XC Bangor - Titan - E X C A L I B U R English
Wednesday 09/09/2009, 19:21

@night
Montana are the way
in elo they are ranked first in the most used clan
7/13
Thursday 10/09/2009, 12:58

I see that the base damage of Nightmare sucks and most of the useful cards are too pricey, But what makes me committed to build a mono is because of the bonus. I mean Rescue really is a bad beginner deck but with sob the +12 attack goes fwoosh(considering Junkz and Sentinel), montana's -12 goes away and so does sakhrom's and uppers' , And goes away Jungo's life. But looking at it at a logical point of view, Montana is WAY cheaper than most decks and It DOES have the cards to make a decent elo deck. Then Again I'll have my chances XD
8/13
JazzyPerry-UM - Titan - URBAN MADNESS English
Thursday 10/09/2009, 13:05

Having a card that has a SOB for an ability will kill you; namely Kerry, Kristine, Gibson etc.
9/13
Thursday 10/09/2009, 13:17

Meh what are the chances they ahve those XD Yeah that would pretty much suck but As I said I'll take my chances hehe
10/13
onlyChaos - Guru English
Thursday 10/09/2009, 17:59

At this point you can do one of two things:

1) You, a level 17 player, can decide that you know better than the experienced and in some cases quality players here that have tried to help you after YOU posted for help on this message board.

2) Or you can take our advice (mine and UM's) and play Montana which will negate all the bonuses of the attack clans you are worrying about and give you a 12 attack advantage against clans that don't have an attack bonus! Your choice but you would be foolish to choose mono Nightmare or Piranas at this level.

Oh and btw, Kerry, Gibson and Petra are 3 of the most popularly used and yet least banned cards around! Check the election!

« Previous12Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals