Thursday 13/10/2011, 15:03
Euzebe - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
203 messages
Iphone app new version & Android
Euzebe - Legend English - Thursday 13/10/2011, 15:03

Hello all,

I have a message from Fraggle for you

«Quite a lot of things to tell you today.

Apple asked us to remove Tapjoy free credits system (Apple decided it was forbidden).

An updated iPhone version will be released very soon without this free credits system. It will also be 100% retina (except last minute problem). Instead of Tapjoy, there will be a free clintz system in exchange for viewing video ads but unfortunately it will be less interesting for you (and us). If you Don’t want to lose the free credits system, do not update.
As we’ve been caught on the hop, we haven’t had time to add more features to this update (solo mode, slots, etc.) but it will be the case later.

Android: our tech service provider for the porting has unfortunately not been satisfactory (delay, quality of the code) so we changed our mind. Our new strategy is to take the flash version of the site (with some additions) and to transform it in an android application. The problem is that only powerful Android phones are able to run Flash. The list of compatible phones is available here: http://www.adobe.com/flashplatform/certified_devices/
It should be available on the Android Market by the end of the year.

If you have questions Don’t hesitate to ask.»

I'll do by best to answer and I'm sure Fraggle will come around here to answer too
« Previous12345678910...2021Next »

21/203
Euzebe - Legend English
Wednesday 19/10/2011, 13:41

More news from Apple: they also forbid the video ads for free clintz. If you don't want to lose the free credits system, don't update the app.
22/203
UM_AaaBattery - Moderator - URBAN MADNESS English
Wednesday 19/10/2011, 14:22

Lol so they made it impossible to give away free credits now no one will update.
23/203
LoA Reaper - Hero - Legends of America English
Thursday 20/10/2011, 00:04

Thank for the info, guess the update is not out yet because i still have Tapjoy free credits system still on my ipod touch

The Tapjoy free credits system is the bomb, i got so much credits from it just by downloading free apps, no way i am updating my UR apps on my ipod touch
24/203
Haruka-WMd - Titan - Wise Men Distracted English
Thursday 20/10/2011, 03:12

Tapjoy is probably in danger of dying as a network. Once the other clients dry up/update to the latest Apple TOS, they won't be able to sell download revenue.

Probably take 6 months to a year.

I wonder how this will affect chinese shovelware clogging up the apple store? Perhaps, some good will come of this.

UR should consider calling the new iOS app UR2 to get some publicity from review sites like, TouchArcade.
25/203
Fraggle - Admin - Clint Staff English
Thursday 20/10/2011, 20:36

The new version WITHOUT the free credits option but with retina display support has been accepted by Apple and should show up soon in an appstore near you.
Do not update if you wish to keep the free credits feature.
26/203
scud1373 - Guru English
Thursday 20/10/2011, 21:55

Hmmm wish i read this b4 i updated...
anyway, cant seem to click on any card in new version...so i cant sell, use xp, add or remove, etc.
27/203
WMDuessel - Imperator - Wise Men Distracted English
Friday 21/10/2011, 00:03

I wonder if it's possible to keep both versions of the app. Im sure it's possible for you guys to use a separate identity for the new version
28/203
Zero-Alucard - Legend - URBAN MADNESS English
Friday 21/10/2011, 01:50

So now there's no way of getting clintz or credits for free? Will UR provide any other way to get credits or then other then buying or playing? DT and ELO take to long to get credits, and don't want to buy credits
29/203
Haruka-WMd - Titan - Wise Men Distracted English
Friday 21/10/2011, 01:57

Ummm... the app description for 1.5.1 plainly says that the free credits system has been removed per Apple.

Too bad it is not Universal. =(
30/203
canopusHOA - Veteran - Harbingers of Ares English
Friday 21/10/2011, 02:27

@Vixckyfresh Stop whining everyone! What about those who don't have an iPhone? We never got any free credits. The point of the game is to PLAY.

« Previous12345678910...2021Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals