The Standard Format

The Standard Format
Wednesday 04/04/2012, 16:49
Boing - Moderator English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
245 messages
The Standard Format
Boing - Moderator - Clint StaffEnglish - Wednesday 04/04/2012, 16:49

Today sees the launch of the Standard Format. This new format revolves around a list of characters that are updated every 6 months and only includes characters that were released less than 3 years before the current update (including Ld characters). Only these characters, Leader cards and characters from starter packs will be used in the Standard Format. To enable you to clearly distinguish between characters authorized in Standard Format and those which are not, we've added a special background to each character illustration, which you may have already noticed.

To find out more about the Standard Format, click here. 

Happy gaming to you all!
« Previous12345678910...2425Next »

21/245
Tonykantos - Hero - The Alliance English
Wednesday 04/04/2012, 18:17

Tititoro, maybe you can't read properly at least in english. In the case I'm right, let me enlighten you:

There's a room for those cards, and it's called "extended".
(Extracted literally from: http://www.urban-rivals.com/standard/ )

"The Quick Battle tool will put you up against decks with a similar number of stars to your own, making the distinctions provided in T1 and T2 redundant in these rooms."

Read that? it means that if you build a deck with , let's say , 26 *, the system will pair you with someone who made a deck with 25*, 27*, or so , presumably to avoid roflstomping and overpowering

So Low star count ELO-banned cards aren't obsolete yet

Next time pay more attention to the UR staff announcements before blarghing and claiming about stuff. Thanks in advance.

----

Greyjackson , it's not that confusing. In a nutshell:
a) added a new game mode, that only allows the use of newer cards.
b) fused T1 and T2 with a new battle system "auto-sort-by-starpoint" , and they call it "extended"

Regards!
22/245
Roko Loco - Veteran - D-Versified English
Wednesday 04/04/2012, 18:19

I think the diversity they are trying to make is good, but not in that kind of form. People had cards, decks and strategy build around previous rooms (including me), and now almost everything is garbage. They should make new rooms and leave the old ones as they were.
Overall i am disappointed in the new change and i hope UR will change it back, because now it looks like they are making fun out of players.
23/245
Ecna - Senior English
Wednesday 04/04/2012, 18:45

"3/ Why will Extended and Standard DTs alternate instead of having them at the same time?
If we do that, having DTs at the same time, it's more likely you'll find one of the two format more efficient than the other because of the playable characters."

Yet at the moment, both are played at the same time...

Also, is the matchmaking fixed for good and we can judge how it's working now that it's working properly?
24/245
spagr - Legend - Army of Elite Mercenaries Česky
Wednesday 04/04/2012, 18:45

It takes few mins to find the banned characters , anyway - here is the list -

Sakrohm (2)
Guru Cr
GraksmxxT

Junkz (1)
DJ Korr Cr

Roots (1)
Kiki Cr

La Junta (1)
General Cr

Montana (3)
Lyse Teria Cr
Vickie Cr
Mona

Nightmare (1)
Kolos

Leaders (2)
Ambre
Hugo

Uppers (3)
Jackie Cr
Zatman
Nellie

Rescue (2)
Marco Cr
Alec Cr
25/245
Mayhemeffect - Titan - Great White North English
Wednesday 04/04/2012, 18:49

I would just like to request a full deck extended pack for sale in the shop. for those of us coming back after a while of not playing that want to try to fill in collections
26/245
Bad001 - Imperator English
Wednesday 04/04/2012, 18:50

Freaking Misleading Banner my heart jumped for a second there... ...I thought Lucas had become CR...
27/245
origamimaster - Senior English
Wednesday 04/04/2012, 18:52

@titoro
if u click on the click here link it says they will release deathmatch and survivor standard
28/245
Mayhemeffect - Titan - Great White North English
Wednesday 04/04/2012, 19:01

I would Just like to request that a extended "full deck" format pack be sold on market. For those of us returning after a long absence that would like to flesh out our collections.
29/245
about4turtles - Imperator - URBAN MADNESS English
Wednesday 04/04/2012, 19:05

I'm disappointed w/ the new "will put you up against decks with a similar number of stars to your own" mainly because the lower star decks don't fill their purpose as well anymore
30/245
Keelatay - Colossus - Time Conquers All English
Wednesday 04/04/2012, 19:09

@mahdin The link in the news feed on the home page clears up the issue of multiple entries in the drawing for Cr's. It says
◦The DTs will be rewarded in Crs that will be randomly distributed on a daily basis to players ranking in the first 150 of a DT. Please note that being ranked in the top 150 of several DTs will not increase your chances of winning a Cr

« Previous12345678910...2425Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals