The Standard Format

The Standard Format
Wednesday 04/04/2012, 16:49
Boing - Moderator English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
245 messages
The Standard Format
Boing - Moderator - Clint StaffEnglish - Wednesday 04/04/2012, 16:49

Today sees the launch of the Standard Format. This new format revolves around a list of characters that are updated every 6 months and only includes characters that were released less than 3 years before the current update (including Ld characters). Only these characters, Leader cards and characters from starter packs will be used in the Standard Format. To enable you to clearly distinguish between characters authorized in Standard Format and those which are not, we've added a special background to each character illustration, which you may have already noticed.

To find out more about the Standard Format, click here. 

Happy gaming to you all!
« Previous12...67891011...2425Next »

81/245
DUC-pwnage - Titan - Dutch Urban Crew English
Thursday 05/04/2012, 08:40

@Zulius, those are Caelus and Heegrn
82/245
Memento Mori - Titan - Open Casket English
Thursday 05/04/2012, 08:55

Cr characters playable in Standard:
http://urdb.kirlad.net/search.php?char&cr=on&std=on
83/245
FoFPrinnyDood - Titan - Friends Of Fate English
Thursday 05/04/2012, 09:30

Okay, i just tried DT in fights standard for the first time, and here's my opinion: IT SUCKS!! you might as well call that room:
fights Skeelz/Vortex/Berzerk/Hugo... was this really supposed to bring balance to the game?? LOL!!

so anyway, i won't be playing standard ever again... extended mode is ok (but UR really need to get those bans into effect!!), although now it's much harder to rank in the top 50, it seems there's a lot more people participating... i hope this is just a temporary thing! or else UR staff really need to increase the amount of clintz awarded when you do rank in top 150, otherwise it's just not worth all the effort... i mean Cr prizes are great, but unless i'm really lucky that's not going to happen anytime soon, so the main reason i compete is for the prize money... and if i can't hope to be in the top 25 ever again from now on, then there's not really any point of doing this at all, is there?

about standard, here's a suggestion: just like elo has weekly bans, there should be a list of standard-allowed characters, which players would be able to vote for every week... and ALL clans would have the same number of characters they can allow! so that way, our favorite cards would not just be gone forever, like it is now... if UR did something like that, THEN i'd be interested in standard... but until then i don't want anything to do with it.
84/245
TalS - Legend - D-Versified English
Thursday 05/04/2012, 09:30

Where can I find the DT banned cards list?
85/245
_wise_ - Legend - the courtyard of shadows English
Thursday 05/04/2012, 09:52

1 thing i dont have is a problem building a deck with standard.
1 problem i have is the fact that UR is actually still going ahead with this... i mean if you want to play standard you are forced to ditch over half the clan in some cases..... so i fail to see any point in it?? its just UR with less cards involved...
86/245
n0tinuse - Veteran - Black Sea Piranas English
Thursday 05/04/2012, 10:13

I'm just a casual player, but to me this change wasn't very nice... I don't really have any of the OP cards nor the clintz to buy them, so I have no business going near Standard. ELO no longer counts for DT, so the fun and profit of playing that dropped drastically.

So I guess there's still extended 25 to play, only with fewer DTs. Whoop de freking doo. Oh yeah, and with DTs bringing more CRs into game, that's going to be even fuller of old OP classics than type 1 was. Which is saying a lot.

Just let me have my DT credit from ELO. All I ask.
87/245
Sagepoil - Legend - Japan Expo English
Thursday 05/04/2012, 10:40

I'm totally disapointed by the 40 stars limit of the standard format.

Now with all these decks able to kill in two rounds because hey, everybody can fill his game with four and five stars characters, all the matches look the same!!!

1) Me big money spender player. Gonna use 7 pillz on the first round.
2) You got 6 life remaining.
3) And now me dumb playah is just gonna wait your mistake, since now I got 2 out of 3 chances to win by using all my remaining pillz on one of the three remaining rounds.

Yeah great thanks guys. In type 1 I still had the feeling to at least use my brain and bluff a little, I played ELO too and hated Type 2 format. Now with standard and extended limitation to 40 stars, I just play ELO. And don't tell me there is a new ext25 don't know what deathmatch mode, the tournaments to win credits every two hours are standard. 40 damn stars.

Sorry for bashing your efforts, but I had to get this out my chest. Thanks for reading.
88/245
pumbelo - Titan - hitmanxxx Guild Deutsch
Thursday 05/04/2012, 10:54

I hate the current Standard format. There is just no balance.

Also, Extended is terrible. You can play 25* decks and face 19* hands from your opponents.
89/245
InfestorTerran - Senior English
Thursday 05/04/2012, 11:46

Get rid of this it is so bad
90/245
ghelas - Titan - The Trend English
Thursday 05/04/2012, 12:01

I'm enjoying it! It's horribly unbalanced, just like I said it would be.
Also: Caelus Cr? Really?

« Previous12...67891011...2425Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals