Urban Rivals
?
Register            Already signed up to the game →  
Click here if you forgot your password.

Tournaments, Standard mode, what will happen?

Thursday 05/04/2012, 16:49
Euzebe - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
280 messages
Euzebe - Legend English - Thursday 05/04/2012, 16:49

Hello all,

After the (chaotic) release of the Standard mode and the first feedbacks, we have taken decisions on several things we want to let your know. We think you will be satisfied with the future improvements we will add first.

• Improvement of the quickbattle system in DTs.

We already made corrections, it seems that the small decks vs big decks problem is far less met. We will keep on working on it until the partition T1/T2 is not a problem any more.

• Penalties on some characters in DTs.

The first 2 points penalties per character are already operational and you can find the list here: http://www.urban-rivals.com/help/?category=9-0
Except for Leader, for the moment there are no penalized Standard characters. It may change, we give ourselves time to analyse DTs.

• DTs divided in two.

Finally we won’t alternate DT’s. We will let you have two DTs at the same time, 1 Standard, 1 Extended. With two different rankings.

• Length of a DT shorten but increase of its frequency.

DTs length will decrease from 1 hour to 45 minutes with a 15 minutes break between each tournament and then you can play again. It means there will be 24 Standard DTs and 24 Extended DTs per day.
To prevent abuses, a limitation of 8 DT credits per day and player will be added (you will receive all other rewards if you play more than 8 DTs).

Survivor Standard and Deathmatch Standard rooms.

They will be open soon, we are working on an update of the flash game.

Questions you may want to ask:

• The number of CR remain at 5. It might change in the future.
• A PM will be sent to you each evening if you made a top 150 during the day so as to inform you if you have won a collector (or not).
• The timer will be reduced from 60 to 50 seconds again.

Have fun
« Previous12...2122232425262728Next »

261/280
Mr Intelijent - Guru - D-Versified English
Sunday 03/06/2012, 11:31

Meelosh I got 7 wins with a 26 star deck once, don't be so sure
262/280
ElitePow - Imperator - New VisioN Русский
Thursday 07/06/2012, 14:36

> We already made corrections, it seems that the small decks vs big decks problem is far less met. We will keep on working on it until the partition T1/T2 is not a problem any more.

Doesn't work. In tournament, my 17 star deck is frequently fighting _hands_ that are 15-16 stars.
263/280
ghelas - Titan - The Trend English
Thursday 07/06/2012, 18:49

I love a lot of things about this game, but man, the terrible customer service is kind of a turn-off at times. There has to be an English-speaking admin out there that knows exactly what's being worked on right now. I would be much happier hearing "we're aware of the problems, but more focused on getting Frozn mono-playable over the next month" than not hearing anything at all.

Not everybody is going to agree with the decisions the developers make, but keeping us in the loop would have at least showed some respect...
264/280
- Wiseman - - Legend - Wise Men Distracted English
Monday 11/06/2012, 19:07

The battle system they have employed is so flawed....A return of T1 and T2 rooms needs to occur. Just negate the DT in those rooms is all im asking....Im fed up with facing 19* and 20* hands when im playing t1 style decks. Its getting more and more at this this point imo. Why the system was changed in the first place is beyond me. Instead of influencing me to stay its instead driving me away
265/280
Alvantis - Titan - GA English
Wednesday 13/06/2012, 16:20

Sometimes I get paired with my 25* deck against 40* deck. I hate these games! I want back T1 and T2!
266/280
Zoidberg1 - Legend - the courtyard of shadows English
Friday 15/06/2012, 18:49

@ Ghelas

Couldn't agree more with you
267/280
ZetaStar - Hero - Raining Fire English
Wednesday 27/06/2012, 16:43

Ext25 deathmatch was the only gamemode I played...
268/280
ghelas - Titan - The Trend English
Wednesday 27/06/2012, 18:11

I think UR is trying to make strides in the right direction, but I still feel like there is a much simpler solution to all the problems...

-We know that many different rooms/modes can be maintained(issues of balance aside.) We can safely assume that, because there doesn't seem to be any kind of cap on Event rooms, for example. So, consolidating rooms seems to be an effort to keep players together, thereby allowing the matchmaking system to find matches faster, ensuring that players don't run into the same opponent over and over, etc.

-Shutting down any room causes resistance. Players like options, and who can blame them?

-The ideal solution would keep most rooms/game modes available, while still consolidating the player population somehow.

-So, I propose this: Why not have rewards that cycle on a weekly basis? Week 1 can have additional, lucrative rewards in Extended, Week 2 in Standard, Week 3 in ELO, etc etc. Maybe any player who performs above a certain threshold should have a chance at the rewards (as with the Cr chance in DTs.) The majority of the player base will be encouraged to play more in a specific format for much of the week in pursuit of these rewards, but people who have a strong preference for one specific mode will still have the option to keep playing it for as long as they please. It seems like both the goal of consolidating the player base and not alienating players by shutting down modes they enjoy can be achieved this way.
269/280
Lord Plague - Legend - Second 2 None English
Wednesday 27/06/2012, 21:25

I've tried playing in Survivor with an E25/ELO compatible deck and every time it is the same result. I end up paired up with a massive 35~40* deck.

I tried playing in the new Deathmatch format and reached the same conclusion (you fight the exact same player/deck over and over in the small deathmatches)

Each Game Mode, (Tourney, Survivor, Deathmatch) needs a limited deck 25* room... either E25 or ELO.

Please bring these formats back.
270/280
Rhendon - Guru Español
Tuesday 03/07/2012, 10:57

Can you please fix the mobile app to show which cards are Standard Cards. It's a pain in the xxx to have to navigate on this iPhone or get on the computer to swap decks or replace cards in between matches and rooms. kk, thanks.

edited by Artemis-BZ Tuesday 03/07/2012, 10:57

« Previous12...2122232425262728Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals