New mission type – Newblood missions

Friday 27/07/2012, 13:54
Boing - Moderator English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
124 messages
Boing - Moderator - Clint StaffEnglish - Friday 27/07/2012, 13:54

As of today, a new mission type known as the Newblood missions, will make its appearance. Each new character release will be accompanied by a series of 5 Newblood missions.  4 of these will use the characters within the release, while the 5th will carry a prize of 10 credits and will be unlocked on completion of the 4 other missions.  These one-off missions are available for a period of 2 weeks and will be deactivated once the next Newblood missions become available (you will, however, be able to finish the missions you have already started).
« Previous12345678910...1213Next »

31/124
Zoidberg1 - Legend - the courtyard of shadows English
Friday 27/07/2012, 19:00

How disapointing

Yet another change from UR designed just to get money out of players. I'm guessing dispite (Or more likely due to) the previous money grabbing game changes that revenues have gone from declining to plumiting and this is yet another attempt to generate as much as UR can, knowing that people will be desperate to complete as many missions as they can!

Its poor UR you could have at least tried to make your money grabbing a bit more subtle by saying you have until the charecters are out of the new blood packs.

Once again a big disapiontment no wonder people are leaving the game in their droves
32/124
ftomi76 - Legend - Den of Urban Masters English
Friday 27/07/2012, 19:03

Well, at first glance this looked good to me. Then I read the rules...hmm 2 weeks for finishing missions. That could still be ok, provided they are missions that could be done relatively easily. So what is the 5th mission ? Win 200 rounds with the rare card (most expensive, hardest to get)... I am sure there are some who will still complete these missions, but thanks that is too mauch for me, even though I spent a lot of money on this game so far, this simply isn't worth it. I have experience with buying newblood packs. sometimes you can spend more than 1000 credits until you get a certain newblood rare. Of course you could buy clintz as well, but still...getting greedy?
33/124
DeepEnd - Imperator - Limit Break English
Friday 27/07/2012, 19:08

Its hard and cruel, but I consider this totally acceptable. Explanation:

1) Attending to these missions will probably cost individual more than the prizes are (The cards will cost way more than the about 6000 relevant clintz gained from the 10 credits.). Consider it expensive hobby rather than something you should even want to do. Some people can easily afford this, but chances are you are not one of them - nor you need to be one of them.

2) There is no irreplaceable benefit short of mission points that measure only as vanity system. If you miss mission points it will not make you weaker compared to others unless your UR style is to measure VPS with mission points amongst friends and strangers. If you do that you are simply put - strange person.

Basically - you are better off NOT attending to these missions and see them as obligatory content. There is no real benefit except the feeling "I DID IT!" once youre done.

Well played UR, this thing is totally acceptable in my eyes.
34/124
ElitePow - Imperator - New VisioN Русский
Friday 27/07/2012, 19:11

@Dr. Ido
UR has just destroyed the worth of the whole mission point system by selling mission points, and you are saying that it is "nothing bad"?!!!
A good dedicated player that doesn't spend money on credits/clints can earn about 2000 clintz a day on average, or about 30000 clintz a fortnight - enough to buy out all the new cards at their cheapest, but nowhere near enough to buy them in the inflated initial period.
Mission point system was the best way to measure your performance against other players, and now even a good player is going to be left behind by 95 mp/fortnight.
35/124
W M Daexen - Moderator - Wise Men Distracted English
Friday 27/07/2012, 19:19

I would of loved it if the time limits were more like the limits on the LD missions. Would give players a little more leeway in being able to get a hold of the needed cards. And lets players who don't have all the time in the world more time to work towards them.

They are still doable though - not too stressful if you plan right. Use your credits to get what you can, trade and borrow from friends to complete the others. It can foster some level of working together in this way.

Still hoping for an extended time period hehe
36/124
TheDoomBug - Legend - Limit Break English
Friday 27/07/2012, 20:01

As a mission-lover, I dislike this. The doesn't seem to be a reason for a time limit, other than making the staff look desperate. Why not just give new cards regular missions? No stressful timer.
37/124
Tanto89 - Titan - X. LycurguS .X English
Friday 27/07/2012, 21:51

On the bright side, we have many French players who are desperate to complete the mission
that means they need to spend more money on new cards and losing their money
this means it is a BIG PROFIT if you get that card on the day it is released

the price will stay strong for 2 weeks, and then everyone will sell it, the price would drop very fast in 1 day

French people got something to do
they need to spend money (and lose a lot of them)
non French (such as us) will gain money if you get the card (profit!)
this balance the economy, we sell they buy (and they lose money)

this is also means that they don't have as much money as before to manipulate the market (even though people with 8 dj korr or something still stay strong and could manipulate the market easily)

at the end it is all good
38/124
GULLA RW - Imperator - Reissende Woelfe Deutsch
Friday 27/07/2012, 22:53

I love the idea of NB missions, but i dont like how it is working actally...

It would be much better if you give the rare card from every release a medium-hard NB mission and we could do it until they out of nb packs.
and for 4-5 done NB missions we get a good price...maybe a free card or new ld?
39/124
Hunterrrrrrr - Titan - TrAitorzZz English
Friday 27/07/2012, 23:03

All mission-lovers hate this and especially the time limit in which to unlock missions.

But UR is a company that wants to earn as much money as possible and therefore doesn't care about high level players, because high level players generate the least amount of money. UR makes profit mainly from new players and this is another "good" move to make more money.

UR doesn't care about it's players. If all of the players above me quit UR from now on because they are dissatisfied by this change UR wouldn't care less. They just say: "bye bye and thanks for the money".

For me. I am not going to invest more money in this game so I will leave this missions for what they are. There will be a time when you quit playing UR-missions anyway and this seems like the perfect time to do it. I won't quit UR (just yet) because I think I can have other ways of having fun, but the fun in playing UR just keeps decreasing.
40/124
DeepEnd - Imperator - Limit Break English
Friday 27/07/2012, 23:50

Or maybe even separate the mission points from timed missions and forever ongoing missions. There would be absolute top for the latter, and the "extra missions" is just cumulative number of extra efforts, separate from "game progress" what in one sense MP's are.

« Previous12345678910...1213Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals