Sore losers, or just self centered?

Saturday 29/09/2012, 19:55
Tansur - Guru English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
19 messages
Tansur - Guru - The TrendEnglish - Saturday 29/09/2012, 19:55

You people who time out or quit before your opponent can KO you. Are you just bratty sore losers, or are you so self centered you don't realize that there are other people trying to do KO missions too?

There is no way to cheat in UR. If I beat you because I made a good move, its not cheating, its good game play. So what are you upset about? Are you upset because unexpected moves make the game challenging? Would you really be happy if there was no challenge to the game, and you effortlessly won every match?

Learn sportsmanship if you want to play against real people. If you enjoy the competition UR provides by offering you real, thinking opponents then you need to grow up and learn some respect. Sore losers ruin competition.
« Previous12Next »

2/19
wasteroftime - Moderator - Open Casket English
Saturday 29/09/2012, 21:44

In DT leaving a match is silly

leaving too many matches in a short period of time gets people a temporary ban from playing, this is a good way to discourage people from doing it

in ELO, leaving matches is perfectly the norm
3/19
mahawirasd - Titan - Immortality English
Sunday 30/09/2012, 01:41

I agree with you completely, and i believe there are enough safeguards to discourage timing out or leaving.

Nevertheless, there are time when UR lags or something and it just times me out or won't accept the multiple times i made my move... this has happened to me both when i was in Jakarta as well as recently when i am in Canberra. Might be the international nodes, might be random bad luck, i dunno, but it still happens...

W
4/19
DUC-Fabio - Titan - Dutch Urban Crew English
Sunday 30/09/2012, 23:30

Even in elo dOnt u lose bp for leaving?
5/19
iNanoLuck - Guru - URBAN MADNESS Português
Monday 01/10/2012, 03:54

I not kind of pro here, but yes you loose BP for leaving in ELO, but since people just leave when there is a sure Loss for them, so it makes no diference at all.

And that's why people generally quit game before you can KO them, to save their time. It's not about to be or not to be a sore loser, but for most people there is no reason to keep playing a match they already lost. And yes, I'm sorry if you are silly to believe in "fair play" or "sportmanship" but the real world is a competition where other people don't care about you or your goals, everybody is selfish in a low or high scale, so doesn't matter to them if you need or not to get KO's to finish a mission, it's not their problem, after all they are trying to do their missions too.

Yeah, I know it is sucks, I don't like it too and when I was younger this kind of situacion used to get me mad too. But when I become older, I learned in the hardest way that I can't change it, it's a part of life and all we can do is to learn how to deal with it. Sad but true.
6/19
mahawirasd - Titan - Immortality English
Monday 01/10/2012, 10:19

Nicely put, winterhold.

If we can agree on the assumption that people will always act selfishly, then perhaps what we need to do is to impose harder sanctions as to make sure that playing it out will be significantly more beneficial than leaving half way.

So if the -20 bp right now is not harsh enough, perhaps we can go for - clintz penalties that grows larger subsequently.

W
7/19
JO3SHMO - Imperator - aussie crusaders English
Monday 01/10/2012, 12:25

ELO clearly isn't the problem. I couldn't care less how many times my opponents leave or time out the battle in ELO.

Tourneys are where it isn't acceptable. If your internet screws up and you time out because of that, then that's OK. I know it's happened to me, and it's very likely happened to everyone. But taking the full turn-time every single round and then letting the clock run out after you've certainly lost can deny your opponent a decent chunk of bonus points for the KO, the pill left over etc. which is extremely frustrating, and it takes a long time. I had someone today win the first two rounds of the match and then time out in the third when they were out of pills and able to be beaten. That win took 4 minutes and got 19 points.

I'm sorry for going on such a rant. I know this topic has already been covered EXTENSIVELY in previous threads, and I realise these problems affect all DT players frequently, not just myself. It's just incredibly annoying.

OK. I'm glad I got that out of my system. Happy UR'ing everyone!
8/19
UM_AaaBattery - Moderator - URBAN MADNESS English
Monday 01/10/2012, 12:30

The problem is trying to please everyone. If you make it shorter times people will complain about not having time to think or players timing out stopping opponents getting turn points.
9/19
spinalcracker - Legend - Working Class Heroes English
Monday 01/10/2012, 15:48

Put the opponent on artificial intelligence, using a random number of pillz when they timeout. This will satisfy the player who is trying to accomplish their missions and even gives someone with spotty internet connection a chance to win.
10/19
Tansur - Guru - The Trend English
Monday 01/10/2012, 17:50

I wouldn't mind it so much, if one of two things changed:

1. No more KO missions for Ld cards.

2. Time-outs/Abandoned fights give assumption of KO, as well as assumption of win.

@Winterhold: I don't think I will ever get over people acting in such a petty self-centered manner. I don't know how old you are to claim wisdom on this sort of thing, but I existed before computers, and I'll tell you my personal observation of people since they came out: Increased self-centered behaviour, increased anti-social behaviour (possibly viewed as the same thing), decreased sense of community.

I do not agree with you that it is some sort of universal truth that people selfishly (in fact, evolution of a life span where many generations exist at once is evidence of the exact opposite), but I do agree with you how sad it is.

« Previous12Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals