Curse and Mutation

Curse and Mutation
Friday 19/10/2012, 11:21
Boing - Moderator English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
66 messages
Curse and Mutation
Boing - Moderator - Clint StaffEnglish - Friday 19/10/2012, 11:21

There’s a menace on the prowl in Clint City. Don’t go out if you’re not prepared… Heading straight from the future, Naele is trying to stop the Nightmare clan from turning her into a vampire and condemning her to a life of eternal suffering and bitterness. Be sure not to cross her path if you want to stay alive, nor that of Sprinter’s from the Berserk clan, who’s not at all happy since his transformation. Only Treeman with his force of nature, or maybe Eugene with his crabs can hope to re-establish the balance of power in Clint City!
Get these characters in the shop's packs
5 new missions have been added. Click here to see the list of Newblood missions.
« Previous1234567Next »

11/66
Steel X_HoA - Legend - Harbingers of Ares Română
Friday 19/10/2012, 14:52

Well, at least ... when those cards begin to drop, they do it big style.
12/66
UM_Screx - Imperator - URBAN MADNESS English
Friday 19/10/2012, 15:30

Nice release.

Naele is a tough card with or without her ability, and who knows, she might come in handy when paired with Frozn

Sprinter: I know that people don't care much for stop abilities, but his stats seem stable enough. He is a great GHEIST counter, and personally I would take him over Gus. Not sure of Revok though(Elvis and Spyke still on top IMO).

Treeman: Interesting twist with 3 life gain, so thats interesting. If you ask me, he is a stall oriented Z3R0D34D(or whatever the digits are), so, not only does he have no competition in ELO... Well except for Miken Moose and Jeto... But he is also a good card. Going to provide lots of stability with the Arno ban.

Eugene: not really sure what to think. Perhaps a good cheap card? A 9/4 with a defense ability is rather odd. I'd prefer Nanook or Gaia in most decks, but I think that he can do better than Kirk due to his stable(r) damage.

Great release
13/66
1san - Imperator - Black Sea Piranas English
Friday 19/10/2012, 15:47

Junkz haven't had a card in 3 months.

Perhaps some epic OP card is coming 2 weeks from now?
14/66
Tansur - Guru - The Trend English
Friday 19/10/2012, 16:32

Eugene is a good flexible card. He can act as a dr that people have to pill over, yet they won't want to pill too high since their damage will be reduced, so if you chuck a few pills on him you're likely to get a 4damage win for few pills.

Treeman is basically a zero dead who can't be dr'd...so a zero dead that laughs at Pussycats.

Sprinter...I laugh sadly seeing him compared to Spyke for competition. Hello! Spyke is perma banned in ELO and has large penalties in DT. Berzerk was just given a very good 4*. An effective 8/7 in most situations, and if faced against an SOA he essentially turns into a 5* 8/9 no minimum. This guy will eat Roots and GHEIST for breakfast, and cause decks with a single SOA to waste it. Play him with Elvis, Cortez and Bernie and now your opponent either has to waste his SOA on Elvis or choose which of your cards he/she would like to make stronger...oh, and all four of those cards have 8 power...

Naele is good I guess, although what's up with all the +power and damage? Has UR hit an imagination plateau? Anyway, the more I think of it the more she worries me. A 10 power has great synergy with having to win the previous round as it can make up for possibly overpilling in the previous round. Even more synergy with a mono deck where you lost two rounds ago to gain a pill or two. If the opponent has no SOA then you'll be guessing whether your Vortex opponent is planning to lose, win, win or lose, lose, win, win.
15/66
Chozo-Kid - Guru - Masters of Battle English
Friday 19/10/2012, 17:26

I am just waitning to see a 4* DR for the Skeelz and a 2* or 3* DR for the fronz
16/66
ibtd - Titan - Die Frettchen English
Friday 19/10/2012, 21:45

And I am waiting for the unavoidable Kalindra-Naele decks now...
17/66
Thoazol - Legend - Wise Men Distracted English
Friday 19/10/2012, 22:03

"Was such a lame ability necessary!?! What was wrong with +2 life, or something like that."
"I don't see why this card wasn't a Wakai clone. It would have been boring but at least I would have played it."
Not sure if they called Treeman or just hated Gudvibz...
18/66
jushan11 - Veteran - The Infinite Shoeblack English
Friday 19/10/2012, 22:04

I really like the backstory for Naele because I feel that UR could build off of her story: future Vortex cards might not be dregn's soldiers at all but rather people with a personal reason to go back in time such as getting revenge for a crime that hasn't been commited yet, preventing something from happening to their past selves, etc. Future nightmares could also tie into Naele's story: Maybe another bodyguard to help Glorg, one who is specifically assigned to keep an eye on Naele. Maybe future Ielena (I hope I spelled that right) comes back to save her past self from the danger that her past self isn't yet aware of? Maybe a Nightmare comes back in time from a future in which Ielena was assassinated and looks to usurp her throne (or maybe tries to save her/assassinate Naele first.) In general, there is a lot that could be done with cards from any clan hijacking a Vortex portal and going into the past. I hope this release gets some creative ideas flowing and gives the backstories of future releases some flair, as I'm sure many of us enjoy the relationships and rivalries within some of the card's backstories.
19/66
bilobob987 - Titan - -= Na Koa Lana Kila =- English
Saturday 20/10/2012, 00:49

@Kid-black

Skeelz need a -5 min 1 dr 3 or two star like Uranus no 4* because of Dwan
20/66
Chozo-Kid - Guru - Masters of Battle English
Saturday 20/10/2012, 02:22

@bilobob987

thas way too OP for the skeez to have 3* or 2* with -5 min 1
maybe a 3* with -4 min 1

« Previous1234567Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals