Urban Rivals
?
Register            Already signed up to the game →  
Click here if you forgot your password.

A long and annoying wall of text about elo mode!

Wednesday 24/10/2012, 05:44
AGPrinz - Titan English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
27 messages
AGPrinz - Titan - The BeSharpsEnglish - Wednesday 24/10/2012, 05:44

Hello, I am a longtime player and fan of urban-rivals. I have been playing this game since Rico was in new blood (which was about 3-4 years ago). I have seen the meta game change many times, as well as placing fairly high multiple times in elo matches. I have used Freaks back when there was 12 life, to some success (~1380 elo a few times).
Quite frankly, the cards that are coming out now are too powerful, and not accessible to players. I have spent A LOT of money on this game, gladly. However, the recent price increase for good cards (notice how every new card is completely overpowered, and rare) is disturbing. Cards like Sprinter, and Saki, are acceptable because they are uncommon. However, having completely gamechanging cards like kalindra, Jean, Clover, Diana, sah brihka, Lucy, X-0DUS, Troompah and Neville is very irritating. These cards completely change entire clans from being unusuable to useable, or useable to completely overpowered. And simply put, they cost too much money to obtain (coming from someone who has bought well over 4000 credits, and that is a VERY conservative estimate).
Another problem is the lack of permabans in ELO. The elo voting format isn’t working, as some very abusive cards manage to make it through very often. For example, the Bogdan Olga, Grudj and X are making an extremely overpowered half deck for Freaks. If I were the staff, id ban at least two Freaks cards, my top picks being Bogdan and Grudj, (to be continued)
« Previous123Next »

2/27
wats_happenin - Legend - Casual Grind English
Wednesday 24/10/2012, 12:57

Yeah...lets cripple Freaks completely...

Only a few things need to leave ELO....these being high powered or High attack manip backed heavy heavy damagers that can win games in one hit....and that have great lower star support

AND

Annoying high poison damagers that decide games Turn 1

The main ones that need to go are:
Askai--not Troompah...she's beatable he really isn't (Avola with wayyyy less conditions on his damage)
Kalindra
Avola
Azel
Greem

Now as for a few others that just Overpower their clans to annoying levels when they're unbanned
Beeboy
Robb Cr
Bogdan (Not Olga! Her banning would cripple Freaks) Bogdan is replaceable with a slightly weaker half
Uranus
Dorian

The first list is 'should be banned to stop 50/50 games'
The second list is 'Can ban (don't have to) to stop clan domination
3/27
AGPrinz - Titan - The BeSharps English
Wednesday 24/10/2012, 14:49

Another problem is the lack of permabans in ELO. The elo voting format isn’t working, as some very abusive cards manage to make it through very often. For example, the Bogdan Olga, Grudj and X are making an extremely overpowered half deck for Freaks. If I were the staff, id ban at least two Freaks cards, my top picks being Bogdan and Grudj. Pussy cats have Diana, Clover, Lucy, Muze, I would ban either Lucy or Clover or Diana. Jungo is a little bit out of control right now, I would start by banning Jean and Troompah. Allstars are STILL very out of control, and were completely looked over in the last staff bannings. Saki and Robb should be perma banned. Lastly, Junkz have too many great cards, Flannagan, Quibik and Haze Tremorh come to mind. Dorian from Uppers needs to go. Uranus is very strong when splashed.

That was the rest of the post.

Also, I would like to point out that Troompah beats Askai for up to 8 pills. While i do think you are right, he is overpowered, I believe that Jean is actually the cause for the uproar. 7 damage is managable in half decks with bad splits, espcially since so many Jungo support cards rely on the "support" ability. I would say either ban Troompah, then ban either Jean or Askai.
4/27
wats_happenin - Legend - Casual Grind English
Wednesday 24/10/2012, 15:46

Lol, it doesn't really matter if Troompah beats Askai out pill for pill...the simple fact is against SOA Askai is alot more stable...which is a very prevalent enemy in ELO....Askai/Ongh with their clanmates has little trouble against SOA whereas Troompah provides a weak link to Hammer at

As for Jean, whilst I agree that his ban would nerf Jungo nicely (Like Lehane for Sentinel) I don't think that level of nerfing is necessary...simply banning one of the 5* (which would mean the other is mostly temp-banned) should be sufficient for Jungo

Pussycats....hmm once again whilst they are prevalent they aren't so powerful that they're unbeatable....I think Clover just mirrored Uranus in a 'haha you can't out-damage my furied X'..but she regularly is temp banned. The others are'nt strong enough to justify a ban

I think Saki is very strong, but Robb banned is quite sufficient...In fact What I'd really like to see is Marina banned and Striker to return but that's wishing

Junkz....they are in ELO all right but their low damage means they suffer badly against any sort of high damage....Jungo really tramples them down quite nicely...as does Pussycats

I think the biggest issue in ELO is the SOA clan nerfing...it has allowed strong ability based cards to reign supreme. Whilst I personally hate the SOA clans releasing stuff like Treeman is upping their useage and forcing out 'haha I win' abilities
5/27
Signomi - Titan - D-Versified English
Wednesday 24/10/2012, 16:40

They should just make more replacement cards for elo...Like they made Diana to replace Yayoi, and etc.

UR is just messed up in all sorts of ways though. They just make random cards without much hindsight. An example is of course Saki, who's just all around just as powerful as Robb if not more in a mode where everyone uses their Bonuses.

I think they should really rethink how they release cards honestly.

Also Askai is way better than Troompah, because you can half-deck Askai and even if you get 3-1 hands with him you can manage to win regardless because of his amazing stats and abilities.

Also, another thing to add onto my rant is fix the market system, it's almost impossible to play ELO with nearly every good card being like 30k or so, like Mona who's a staple for every Montana deck. Cards like X-0DUS and Kalindra...yeah come on >.>, don't even bother playing those clans unless you have their main attraction.

All around I dislike the current ELO system, it encourages players to spend money (real-life money) to get the most OMGWTFBBQ cards and even when those cards get banned they don't really lose much, they probably got like 1300 that week and can either sit the next week out and wait for the next broken cards.

/end rant
6/27
ghelas - Admin - The Trend English
Wednesday 24/10/2012, 17:39

I think wats_happenin more or less nailed it. There's just a handful of cards that need to go. But, quite frankly, the arrival of an occasional OP card is nothing new to the game. You're not really pigeonholed into playing OP cards as much as you might imagine... I've experimented with a lot of unorthodox decks. My highest top 100 was with FPC/Montana, and most of my top 100s prominently featured Vortex. I haven't heard a lot of people complaining about how overpowered FPC or Vortex are, but there you have it.
7/27
LB_Abnormal - Titan - Limit Break English
Wednesday 24/10/2012, 19:04

I repeatedly get 1300 almost every week without using "flavor of the week" cards. Playskill matters a lot. While there are some overpowered clans, you certainly don't need Kalindra to do so
8/27
AGPrinz - Titan - The BeSharps English
Wednesday 24/10/2012, 23:29

Actually i would love to play Fang Pi, but their two good cards (futoshi and Marlysa Cr) i cant have
9/27
Signomi - Titan - D-Versified English
Thursday 25/10/2012, 00:38

You may not need to have an overpowered card to win, but it helps a big deal to have a powerhouse like that in your deck right? Increase your winning chances even more.
10/27
0 the oracle - Imperator - Open Casket English
Thursday 25/10/2012, 03:48

@wats NO Robb Cr does not need a ban in fact it is such a weak card if you get to use him honestly soa/sob weakens him and attack manipulation makes him pill so much that 4 damage is not worth it. as to Clover i dont see her as THAT powerful sure really good card but shes inferior to Uranus. if Uranus gets banned, then perhaps Clover might go as well. kalindra is fairly broken haha first week seeing her in action but she can be dealt with using DRs but yah deserves a permaban (but also kills Frozn at the moment). mm Askai seems really good yah better than Troompah take Askai and Avola out and elo is much better. i have no idea why UR released Saki wow she is so overpowered for a 3 star its not funny... Dorian does NOT deserve a ban he is not even that good i sometimes even use Hefty over him. Greem is actually ok Azel is slightly overpowered Skeelz bonus is so crap. wow no one mentioned Spiaghi that guy is so annoying especially in a clan with such an annoying bonus...

i think UR needs to take card OUT of the ban list... some cards are already mediocre. Arkn was always debatable, emeth is slightly better than Troompah and La Junta is dead in elo atm, Oshitsune is nowhere near overpowered... i see him as a 4 star Tula. Lou is just ridiculous i dont see her getting banned even when shes out. is Hawk THAT good? Smokey Cr is not accessible anyways, why not take him out. and on a final note leaders would make play so much more diverse.

« Previous123Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals