The tier list of cards for (star, clan)

Sunday 25/11/2012, 11:05
0 the oracle - Imperator English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
56 messages
0 the oracle - Imperator - Open CasketEnglish - Sunday 25/11/2012, 11:05

Hi guys! so because I have seen some inactivity in the forum, I have decided to do this. Basically, I am going to name a clan and a * number and can u guys please contribute to nmbering the best to worst card for that star number. Lets start off with Junkz, 4 stars.

imo: Rowdy, Qubik, Eibeza, Gibson, Fizzle, Nobrodroid, Malmoth,(and then rest are pointless)

ok lets see what you think of this tier
« Previous123456Next »

11/56
misterjones - Titan - Limit Break English
Wednesday 28/11/2012, 04:26

@Paladin: The problem with Tula is that she falls to too many things: attack manip, 8 power or better, ability SOA, COB (sometimes) and protection: power. It's natural for 2*s to be shaky, but still, that's a lot of weaknesses for one card-- you're likely to run into hands that have at least 2 of those things, which makes it really hard for her to win rounds. Tula was a great card once, but she has aged badly (especially compared to her contemporary, Jessie, who is as useful as ever).

Now Lizbeth, on the other hand, has only one weakness: ability SOA. Unless you're facing a hand with 2 or more of those cards (not unheard of, but not common either), it's pretty easy to avoid. And a 9/7 that zaps away bonuses means that very few cards can keep up at high pillz-- and 7-powers fall behind after just 4. I think the superior walling is more useful than pill recovery in most cases; I'd pick Lizbeth as my top Piranas 5*.
12/56
0 the oracle - Imperator - Open Casket English
Wednesday 28/11/2012, 07:41

I almost completely disagree with @RAW

for 2*, I usually take Wendel because SoA is so useful, then Jose Star and Gail Ld IS USELESS Samantha comes 3rd, Bianca fourth etc.

Harold is DEFINITELY NOT FIRST..... first would probably be Oxen then Rubie RUBIE IS USEFUL then Burt then Harold

for 5*s Dorian.. ok fine but Lady DEFINTELY COEMS SECOND super useful card then Hefty/Herman.

and i still think Bloodh is so useful that 9 gap is something that Piranas really needs, makes games a breeze against certain clans. Selma so much guess work
13/56
Cyber - Legend - El Dorado English
Wednesday 28/11/2012, 16:44

I dont see the point of this thread. It really depends on your other cards in your deck.. Lizbeth can be much better than Selma if you build your deck properly. So is the other way round. Why need a tier list for specific star in a specific clan. These debates are honestly pointless.
14/56
Filariel - Hero - Synergy English
Wednesday 28/11/2012, 18:57

Selma fits in the Piranas strategy when Lizbeth fails...
for me my favorites 5* :
Selma, Dalhia, Ahkab, Lizbeth and Bloodh
15/56
0_4DPaladin - Veteran English
Wednesday 28/11/2012, 23:26

"The problem with Tula is that she falls to too many things: attack manip, 8 power or better, ability SOA, COB (sometimes) and protection: power. It's natural for 2*s to be shaky, but still, that's a lot of weaknesses for one card-- you're likely to run into hands that have at least 2 of those things, which makes it really hard for her to win rounds. Tula was a great card once, but she has aged badly (especially compared to her contemporary, Jessie, who is as useful as ever)."

Lets not forget some ELO-popular(ish, in some cases) cards such as Edwin, Robb, Nellie, Herman (Not much anymore, haha), Lady, Kenny, Cutey, Mona... Most (if not, all) of these cards give Piranas a large amount of trouble, and Tula stomps them all out, *AND* has 4 damage to boot, an insane amount for a 2 star (Esp. a Piranas card). Piranas are behind on damage, and Tula makes up for it, while at the same time countering the cards the clan has trouble with.
16/56
0_4DPaladin - Veteran English
Wednesday 28/11/2012, 23:31

"Now Lizbeth, on the other hand, has only one weakness: ability SOA. Unless you're facing a hand with 2 or more of those cards (not unheard of, but not common either), it's pretty easy to avoid. And a 9/7 that zaps away bonuses means that very few cards can keep up at high pillz-- and 7-powers fall behind after just 4. I think the superior walling is more useful than pill recovery in most cases; I'd pick Lizbeth as my top Piranas 5*."

Even if your opponent draws one SOA card, he can bait Lizbeth in a specific round (Not nessecarily beat her, but bait) and be ready for it, whereas Selma is still a decent 7/7 against SOA. Lizbeth's ability gives her powerful stats, but Selma gives pill manip. which the clan needs in order to win 3/4 rounds. It seems like you may have intentionally left out that Selma gives you +2 pillz on a win, allowing you to overpill in some situations and not pay as much as if you did with Lizbeth.
17/56
0 the oracle - Imperator - Open Casket English
Thursday 29/11/2012, 07:36

@cyber then there really is no point in starting forums anyway.... wow

ok everyone has different preferences for Piranas 5*s if you check out this week Lizbeth is on top of the elo election list, 9 power with sob is very threatening in the right hands, something that Selma cant boast. of course Selma is stable, but stable does not necessary win you games.

Tula used to be a great card, USED to be. TRUE she beats a lot of annoying, but most of those cards you mentioned can be beaten by Puff as well.... TRUE she has 4 damage but thats almost the only edge over Puff she has... while Puff beats up to 90% of cards pill for pill in UR. for the case of half decks, Tula is WAY TOO SHAKY, wihtout SoB bonus she gets stomped over by attack manipulation anyway. and honestly now that Amiral Coco is out she is already beaten by 2 2*s already.

for my 2* preference I would say that my third spot would go to Spycee yes 5 power is terrible 2 damage is terrible BUT Piranas LACKS SOA.
18/56
Thursday 29/11/2012, 11:06

@oracle: Which card is better than which card in terms of abilities since the bonus is the same in clan. That is what ALL of you in this thread are comparing about. Yes. Some stands out more than the others. But ranking the best out of staple cards with the same star count is stupid. Essentially, it all comes down to the rest of the other 7 cards. In need of example?

Let me give you one. My Piranas/Uppers deck: Selma, Hawkins, Ector, Amiral Coco, Dorian, Jose Star, Wendel, Maurice.

Let me quote Raw_Shank.
This is his ranking for 4* Uppers.
Nellie Kazayan Maurice Jody Wayne Stark Beetenka

Maurice is good in this deck because Piranas don't have one. Nellie is a good card but Maurice is better in this situation because of the lack of DR. Having Kazayan and Ector is not a good idea. That is also why it is best to avoid putting Oxen. Now, look at the 5* department. Why Selma? Selma is much better in 4-4 if he doesnt have his bonus with the exception of mono GHEIST and mono Roots. This makes it more prone. Having said that, if the week rarely has Roots and GHEIST, Lizbeth would be my top pick in 4-4 decks but in the current ELO, Roots are going strong so I would not want to risk having a weakened 5* card in the fight.
19/56
Thursday 29/11/2012, 11:15

Quoting Raw_Shanks' ranking again,
Dorian Hefty/Herman(these 2 really boil down to preference) Lady Glenn Jeeves.

In this case, lets say I don't have Dorian. Hefty and Herman. Both seemed to be great cards.
Damage is important. BUT, Herman is better in mono or 5-3, 6-2. In this case, it is not about preference. It is a matter of who is indeed BETTER and stable. In ELO, a good hand is half the battle won. What if you draw Herman without its bonus? Unless you really needs damage, playing 2HKO (which doesn't happen often in 14 life), Hefty is better.

So, the oracle, do you know why it is pointless to come up with such a tier system?

"@cyber then there really is no point in starting forums anyway.... wow

ok everyone has different preferences for Piranas 5*s if you check out this week Lizbeth is on top of the elo election list, 9 power with sob is very threatening in the right hands, something that Selma cant boast. of course Selma is stable, but stable does not necessary win you games."

This thread is indeed pointless. Look at ghelas' thread on ELO. That is a better quality kind of thread for discussion.

I can debate with you when Lizbeth is better than Selma and when it is the other way round.
20/56
ghelas - Admin - The Trend English
Thursday 29/11/2012, 11:48

@4DPaladin:

Any card with a good ability can be baited if you have a SoA. But baiting a card will not necessarily work, and even if it does work, does not guarantee a favorable result. I consider being more baitable a very minor weakness.

@Oracle:

I guess Amiral Coco is a little more stable than Tula, but he also has loads of weaknesses. That 6 power makes him a huge liability against +damage clans, who tend to be around 8 power, or sport power/attack manip abilities. Of course, he's useless against any SoB clan or Skeelz... And last but not least, his low damage can make him a liability even if he wins a round. Imagine him pilling kind of hard to stop a 7 power All Star, and now both you and your opponent are down to about the same number of pills, but he has way more damage in his hand... Even though he can situationally be very good, I don't think he's the Tula replacement Piranas needed.

« Previous123456Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals