Urban Rivals
?
Register            Already signed up to the game →  
Click here if you forgot your password.

Why aren't there more Extended25 options?

Monday 03/12/2012, 15:39
Scrumpox - Senior English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
5 messages
Scrumpox - Senior English - Monday 03/12/2012, 15:39

Obviously Extended25 has room for brokeness AND strategy. Why aren't there more modes that all it?

2/5
DeepEnd - Imperator - Limit Break English
Monday 03/12/2012, 23:30

They had this grand plan to make "Standard/Extented" division and dynamic matchmaker to make up simple play.

That failed horrendously, so they ended up having the "Standard plan" bred with oldschool formats creating halfbreed result that eclitically combines features from both world, creating artificial and untintuitive diversity in gamemodes.

Namely: They tried to change it all the wrong way and ended up making patch on top of patched patch. Thats why there is little bit of everything and they dont want to try to change stuff anymore since its not "totally broken" now
3/5
Dexwell - Imperator - URBAN MADNESS English
Tuesday 04/12/2012, 01:29

We need T1 back, pretty much how I feel about it.
4/5
Bemmoth - Titan English
Tuesday 04/12/2012, 07:39

Dexwell "We need T1 back, pretty much how I feel about it."

I do miss T1, but I'd like Standard 25.
5/5
DeepEnd - Imperator - Limit Break English
Tuesday 04/12/2012, 10:33

We have KIND OF T1 in this game, its just implemented in numerous ways.

In DT we have matchmaker and scoring rules that do about the same thing, except you can position yourself to have advantage with better cards, but you have to win more streaks to make up for the point loss. If you want to play T1 deck here it actually has no drawback in doing so, and the lowest bracket average is set to 25*; you will meet higher star decks but you will get more points playing against them....

Deathmatch has 25* formats making it same as original T1

Survivor has ELO format is 25* format.

ELO was originally out of T1/T2 boundary and still is.

Fight club was always derp so T1/T2 was and still is irrelevant.

Better it was originally? - Nope. Worser than it was? - Nope. More complex and unintuitive? - Yes.

Also I will redesign whole thing to work, but it will cost UR 300€ and they must ask on their knees

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals