Urban Rivals
?
Register            Already signed up to the game →  
Click here if you forgot your password.

Selling your Collector in Credits. What do you think of it ?

Wednesday 05/12/2012, 17:20
Dr.Ido - Divinity English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
61 messages
Dr.Ido - Divinity - Clint StaffEnglish - Wednesday 05/12/2012, 17:30

We'd like to know what you think of a feature we plan to release. We haven't start working on it yet and before moving forward we thought it might be wise to told you about it and know what you think.

If you don't want to post anything on the board, you can answer this survey to tell us what you think : http://www.urban-rivals.com/to/surveycr/

Our idea is to allow you to sell you Collector characters in credits as well as in Clintz. Kate would still take a small share of the price and you would always have the choice to sell in Clintz of Credits.

Our main goal with this feature is to bring more Cr (especially the big ones) out of their owner collection and to make it easier (and maybe cheaper) to get them. Today, only a few player can gather the millions of Clintz needed for the most expensive Cr and the process of getting this millions of clintz is expensive and tedious. We thought that if we allowed the sell of Cr in credit, owner would have an immediate interest in selling their doubles, as it would give them credits to spend on new blood and such, and for the buyer it's much more convenient.

It might even help us limit the sale of Collectors on ebay and such, it would be nice (as those often ends up badly) but that's not the main goal.

That's the idea, now tell us what you think of it.

edited by Dr.Ido Wednesday 05/12/2012, 23:30
« Previous1234567Next »

2/61
Vinyl-Scratch - Legend - D-Versified English
Wednesday 05/12/2012, 17:32

Sounds like an awesome idea.
3/61
Grapple X - Legend - The Infinite Shoeblack English
Wednesday 05/12/2012, 17:32

Survey page isn't working; I'm using laptop but it's telling me it's unavailable on a mobile device.

However, the idea certainly seems interesting. Not 100% sure it'll be of much use though. I assume when we sell a Cr for credits, we set a price in the same manner as selling for clintz? If so, prices will quickly settle into the credit equivalent of the clintz prices. I guess it makes it a little simpler for people to purchase credits and buy a Cr rather than using the credits to buy packs and work the market to earn clintz. I guess having the option is better than not having it but I'm not sure how big a splash it will really have.
4/61
origamimaster - Senior English
Wednesday 05/12/2012, 17:34

Does this mean players can buy these cr cards with credits directly?
5/61
Dr.Ido - Divinity - Clint Staff English
Wednesday 05/12/2012, 17:41

Post 1 : Thanks we think so too
Post 2 : The Survey URL was broken, I edited it and it should be working now. Sorry about that, my mistake.
Post 3 : Yes that's exactly the idea. But it's only Collector owned by other player, we are not selling new Collectors, it's only player owned collectors that could in the futur be sold in Credits as well as in clintz
6/61
Infiniti - Senior English
Wednesday 05/12/2012, 17:47

1 Thing i dont understand.

Selling these crs.... Are they sold to kate and you get the credits instantly or it is a market where your selling and someone else is buying?
7/61
Dr.Ido - Divinity - Clint Staff English
Wednesday 05/12/2012, 18:02

Post 6 : Yes, Collector sold in credits would be on the market, along all the other characters sold either in Clintz of Credits.
8/61
DeepEnd - Imperator - Limit Break English
Wednesday 05/12/2012, 18:14

That wont work.

CR's are the premium value in this game, Credits wont buy you stuff CR's do, especially the social thing - bragging rights.

Its that simple. There is no thing in world that makes sensible people trade CR's for credits since credits wont buy anything but normal cards and solo missions. The real value of credits is LESS than is the real value of CR's.

Sorry UR. You lack the sensible logic here - TOTALLY.

you can make this but it wont be used much. Meanwhile people like me will keep paying GLADLY the huge sums to current holders because people like me (investors) know the real value of CR's, and because they have their customers they dont need to trade to credits.

Also you should recognize those CR's are actually being the base value of UR whole market - the desirable. Im not lying here - if you crash the price of CR's that will lead to DEVALUEMENT of whole UR. That would be DUMBING DOWN THE GAME.

For what? Kids with 2 second attention span? They are your target audience? ... Just THINK what the "collectible card game" stands for mentally, what is the audience here and what appeals to them?

CR's are not out of grasp. You either need decent skills and some luck - or longtime dedication. They are reward for those who deseve those cards. Please dont change that.
9/61
ghelas - Titan - The Trend English
Wednesday 05/12/2012, 18:43

I am intrigued by this feature. If I understand correctly, players would be able to use Credits to buy Crs from other players, is that correct? My small concern is that it makes the game feel a little bit more pay-to-win -- someone with a lot of money to spend could simply buy a lot of credits and purchase some of the best Crs in the game. I am honestly not sure how I feel about that.

I see the up sides -- it could help URs economy, make people more interested in trading, playing the market, and of course it would encourage more credit sales.

I also see a down side. This creates a bigger gap between players who are new to the game and players who are fully committed to the game. Modes and events where big Crs are useable would be directly influenced by who has more money to spend. This is always discouraging to see in a competitive game.
10/61
damienuk-oc - Titan - Potato Flavored Potatoes English
Wednesday 05/12/2012, 19:41

Sounds like a good idea. maybe urban rivals should offer more free credits 2 keep the markets flowing freely

« Previous1234567Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals