Urban Rivals
?
Register            Already signed up to the game →  
Click here if you forgot your password.

Selling your Collector in Credits. What do you think of it ?

Wednesday 05/12/2012, 17:20
Dr.Ido - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
61 messages
Dr.Ido - Legend - Clint StaffEnglish - Wednesday 05/12/2012, 17:30

We'd like to know what you think of a feature we plan to release. We haven't start working on it yet and before moving forward we thought it might be wise to told you about it and know what you think.

If you don't want to post anything on the board, you can answer this survey to tell us what you think : http://www.urban-rivals.com/to/surveycr/

Our idea is to allow you to sell you Collector characters in credits as well as in Clintz. Kate would still take a small share of the price and you would always have the choice to sell in Clintz of Credits.

Our main goal with this feature is to bring more Cr (especially the big ones) out of their owner collection and to make it easier (and maybe cheaper) to get them. Today, only a few player can gather the millions of Clintz needed for the most expensive Cr and the process of getting this millions of clintz is expensive and tedious. We thought that if we allowed the sell of Cr in credit, owner would have an immediate interest in selling their doubles, as it would give them credits to spend on new blood and such, and for the buyer it's much more convenient.

It might even help us limit the sale of Collectors on ebay and such, it would be nice (as those often ends up badly) but that's not the main goal.

That's the idea, now tell us what you think of it.

edited by Dr.Ido Wednesday 05/12/2012, 17:30
« Previous1234567Next »

21/61
Infiniti - Senior English
Wednesday 05/12/2012, 21:46

Your going to have to change T&Cs then...

"In no event can a card be resold by a Member or converted into credit."

"The acquisition of cards in exchange for Clintz or credits only conveys a limited right of use to the right mentioned in the previous paragraph."

Sounds like a ok idea (although personally i wouldn't sell any of my cards for credits but i would probably buy )
22/61
Infiniti - Senior English
Wednesday 05/12/2012, 21:53

As far as i see...

Poorer players would like this idea.
Richer players not so much.
23/61
Ink_MoB - Titan - Legendary Knights English
Wednesday 05/12/2012, 23:15

I love this idea
24/61
Fremmeno - Legend - Open Casket English
Wednesday 05/12/2012, 23:17

I think this would just simply crash the market.
Cr's are a prized possession, rather than a competitive element. To get a collector, one has to show some dedication, skill and such similar qualities. Opening their wallet is just not the way to go. If they are willing to spend money, they can buy packs, to boost their decks and later win something in Elo, Dt's. Straightforward purchace of collectors is just wrong. That's just like buying a gold medal, and saying you're an olympian, whereas actually you are an overweight person on a couch. That just does not add up.
25/61
Gomla - Titan - Time Conquers All English
Wednesday 05/12/2012, 23:20

I would personally probably sell my cards rather than Crs for credits, but I have no objection to this idea
26/61
Cyber - Legend - E X C A L I B U R English
Thursday 06/12/2012, 00:04

DeepEnd sums it all up. By introducing this system, it will only bring more harm than good to the market. The collector market is already bad enough due to the still oversupply of cards. This is understandable to prevent easier monopoly of a certain cr card. But still, there is an oversupply of it and you cant let this happen by letting others use credits to buy it. Credit is secondary and unstable currency. Clintz is much preferred.

This will leads to other problems like having irl money : clintz rate set on ebay.
Totally undesirable. You're somehow encouraging using irl money to get cr and this will just be a stepping stone to those irl traders.
27/61
Monk_AL101 - Titan - Anime lovers 101 English
Thursday 06/12/2012, 00:29

Am I the only one that thinks this may be a bad idea? As it is know there is a 100% chance to get the Crs if you have enough clintz, however if the change is made there's a chance that all the players will only sell there's for credits; Which would make them harder to get for most players.

Then again that's not to likely to happen....I hope.
28/61
0_4DPaladin - Veteran English
Thursday 06/12/2012, 01:03

This idea would just equalize all of us. All the people on the bottom would like this, while everyone on the top hate it passionately.
29/61
Wakshaani - Legend English
Thursday 06/12/2012, 01:36

Theonly way it would work is if the collector cards were flat-out purchasable from Kate. 100 Credits for so-n-so. This would bring the game makers money as people would be more than happy to buy credits for CR prices that they felt were achievable. To simply allow the current holders of CRs the right to set prices does nothing to help the rich player-poor player issues. In short, those who hold the cards have the power.

Asking people to give up power rarely ends well.

Now, that being said, I'd love to see the old 'Modified re-release" method return. Compare the Berserkergirls or the Kikis, for example, and dig some of the cooler CR people back out of retirement with a different card... same character, new look and rebalanced abilities.

But that's not exactly on topic, so, I'll stop rambling and hit 'reply'.
30/61
TheBatman_ - Hero - The Unbeatable Legion of Justice English
Thursday 06/12/2012, 06:38

I don't like this.

« Previous1234567Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals