Urban Rivals
?
Register            Already signed up to the game →  
Click here if you forgot your password.

Selling your Collector in Credits. What do you think of it ?

Wednesday 05/12/2012, 17:20
Dr.Ido - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
61 messages
Dr.Ido - Legend - Clint StaffEnglish - Wednesday 05/12/2012, 17:30

We'd like to know what you think of a feature we plan to release. We haven't start working on it yet and before moving forward we thought it might be wise to told you about it and know what you think.

If you don't want to post anything on the board, you can answer this survey to tell us what you think : http://www.urban-rivals.com/to/surveycr/

Our idea is to allow you to sell you Collector characters in credits as well as in Clintz. Kate would still take a small share of the price and you would always have the choice to sell in Clintz of Credits.

Our main goal with this feature is to bring more Cr (especially the big ones) out of their owner collection and to make it easier (and maybe cheaper) to get them. Today, only a few player can gather the millions of Clintz needed for the most expensive Cr and the process of getting this millions of clintz is expensive and tedious. We thought that if we allowed the sell of Cr in credit, owner would have an immediate interest in selling their doubles, as it would give them credits to spend on new blood and such, and for the buyer it's much more convenient.

It might even help us limit the sale of Collectors on ebay and such, it would be nice (as those often ends up badly) but that's not the main goal.

That's the idea, now tell us what you think of it.

edited by Dr.Ido Wednesday 05/12/2012, 17:30
« Previous1234567Next »

41/61
MaggieMoo_OK - Legend - Organized Konfusion English
Thursday 06/12/2012, 16:46

Definitely agree DeepEnd, and yes, making the packs 5 instead of 3 cards makes sense. There are so many more cards in UR than a year ago, two years ago. It would make sense to have more cards in a pack because of the amount that is already out there
42/61
Call Me Mabee - Guru - Immortality English
Thursday 06/12/2012, 17:02

Not the richest of players nor am I among the poorer players. I think this is a good idea only because I know what its like to struggle forever to get that one Cr. Hopefully it makes more sense when you release this feature.
43/61
valguard_WMD - Titan - Wise Men Distracted English
Thursday 06/12/2012, 17:05

I don't think most people are willing to sell collectors for credits because of the fact that Credits can only be used to buy packs and missions. Why sell CR's for credits (especially if their is a tax) when the cards you open up in a pack are a complete gamble as to how much they are worth. Players are better of trading the CR's for cards they want in private trades. If the staff wants this to work they need have more things for people to be able to use credits for like allowing people to use credits instead of clintz to enter events, and creating tournaments that you would need to spend credits to join (I. E. sealed booster draft tournaments)
44/61
UM - FoF - Titan - URBAN MADNESS English
Thursday 06/12/2012, 18:44

This idea sounds ok in theory, but the conversion rate would make it impracticable to use.

You state that you want to get more of the big cards out into the market, so lets take DJ Korr as an example. The lowest price on the market for this card is currently 15,900,000 clintz. Buying this many clintz in the shop would cost you 159,000 credits. When purchasing credits via Paypal in the UK, 1000 credits is 39.90 euros. Therefore, to purchase the credits necessary to buy this card, you would have 159 multiplied by 39.90 euros giving a total of 6,344.10 euros.

Now I know that players are able to get credits for free through the free credits options and by playing but this wouldn't make a huge difference to the amount of credits needed and I know that some players would sell their spare cr cards for a lower price than the conversion amount, but even if those two conditions reduced the price by 50% you would still need over 3,000 euros to make a purchase.

I think that is going to be out of reach for almost, if not, every player.
45/61
0 Kerry - Titan - E X C A L I B U R
Thursday 06/12/2012, 20:06

Post 8 +1
46/61
0_AAR - Legend - E X C A L I B U R English
Thursday 06/12/2012, 21:07

And ruin all the hard work those rich people put in it ?? no way..... bad idea... this is not an opinion, this is a FACT
47/61
theKFCguy - Imperator - Great White North English
Thursday 06/12/2012, 23:19

I have to agree with others, doing this will devalue the crs and make the game more pay to be more successful. Not to mention giving new players the option to pay to acquire these cheese cards will result in them not learning how to play the game properly aka overpowering your opponent rather than out skilling/ out thinking them. It's just like how people use Ambre to overpower people rather than using a strategy that requires knowledge and skill to pull off. Ur please dont pull what blizzard did with wow and make the game cater to the casual players
48/61
0_4DPaladin - Veteran English
Thursday 06/12/2012, 23:26

The fact is, is that the amount of work required to get the really valueable crs are just borderline stupid. I'd love to see the prices drop so maybe someone who hasnt played this game for 5+ years could afford one. I'm not talking about like 100k for Guru, but 15 mil for DJ Korr? Do you have any idea how long you have to play to afford that?

And all the rich players who P2W are gonna get salty, the way things are going this game will become just like all of Kabam's games, where if you have a credit card you get whatever you want.

And all the rich players that are "Market experts" who seemingly know everything about free trade (And convienently aren't millionares IRL) will get salty, too, since they'll be devalued. Its common sense (And proven!) that the rich will continue to get richer, and the poor... Well, we don't exactly get poorer, but card prices will continue to rise. This is also another reason I'm hoping to get into FR, where the best cards wont cost 15 mil and require 5+ years to get.

I could care less what happens to the market, so long as cards become decently affordable again.
49/61
Mr Intelijent - Guru - D-Versified English
Thursday 06/12/2012, 23:49

It's easy for level 40 seniors to complain about the prices of CR's. People just want to have everything for nothing it's a part of human nature for some, but unlike those who do wish for things easy I love the challenge of trying to get the big 5. Whether it be from investments, saving up or hitting it big in Elo. The idea of CRs is that only those dedicated enough to the game (People who play for years or spend hundreds of dollars) should be able to afford them. If they become readily available to every new player who complains things are too tough then they would lose their meaning and all of those who worked so hard to aquire them would have done it in vain.
50/61
DeepEnd - Imperator - Limit Break English
Friday 07/12/2012, 01:17

" but 15 mil for DJ Korr? Do you have any idea how long you have to play to afford that?"

About 20 years, daily 8 hours playing DM and winning all the games. You can count this stuff if you want, I did.

The question is - "What is playing UR really?" - after you realize you cannot get Dj Korr by just playing DM realistically - you either rageguit - or you stay calm, focused and make a strategy to get into your goal. After that you have three different routes:

1) Take ELO / DT seriously
2) Playing the market like a BOSS.
3) Attending to events that has Korr for main prize.

All these routes are part of Urban Rivals Game experience. If you want those Big 5 you have to dig deeper into the game and face people who are as good as you are - or even better. There is no-one or anything stopping you from trying and your efforts will eventually pay off if you play out right.

Lets take example from the other famous game - World of Warcraft. How many percent of all the players of Lich King addon did participate in original 25man Lich King Raids when it was top of the world? - That is less than 1% of players. That is "Extented game content" intented for hardcore players that are minority. Later those raids got nerfs, but still they are extremely hard to do. Well, same goes to UR - Getting CR's is the extented game content and since these days you can get CR's from DT... thats pretty much your nerf.

Casual players should aim for 100% normal cards collection. That is very doable.

« Previous1234567Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals