Urban Rivals
?
Register            Already signed up to the game →  
Click here if you forgot your password.

Collector auction. What do you think of it ?

Friday 07/12/2012, 14:18
Dr.Ido - Divinity English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
113 messages
Dr.Ido - Divinity - Clint StaffEnglish - Monday 10/12/2012, 15:49

We have a simple idea that we hope you'll like. Before moving forward on it, we'd like to know what you think.

Nowadays, we give away Collectors through the DT and the ELO tournament. We'd like to put 5 collector on the auction everyday, with a price starting at 1 clintz and no reserve price.

This way, the price of the Cr (especially of the top 5) would be set by the buyers instead of the sellers.
The number of Collector released in the economy would still be modest (half of what we release through the DT), so the impact on the economy would probably be modest at first.

Hopefully, after a few weeks (months ?) that the prices of the most expensive Cr would start to self regulate and reach more reasonable levels.

So that's the idea. Tell us what you think, either by posting in the board and/or by answering the survey here : http://www.urban-rivals.com/to/auctioncr/

edited by Goralion Monday 10/12/2012, 15:49
« Previous12345678910...1112Next »

21/113
badbigwlly - Titan - BrainZtorm English
Friday 07/12/2012, 19:15

Do it! And if someone sets their reserve price point at 188K for a Caelus Cr in an action that is their deal.

This way, the price of the Cr (especially of the top 5) would be set by the buyers instead of the sellers only holds true if the reserve price is not set on these auctions.

It would be nice to be only able to auction Cr's instead of being able to market them. Would prevent KR8NUX Caelus Cr example. I know there are good reasons against this though but it would be nice
22/113
DeepEnd - Imperator - Limit Break English
Friday 07/12/2012, 19:27

You have logic flaw there. Currently the price is not set by sellers, but both seller and buyer. If sellers alone could call the price it wold be 50 terabillions obiviously, but they cant because no-one could afford that.

This is also reason why auctions wont work. If there is no reserve price, then nobody sells their CR's on auction - if there is reserve price it will be exactly the same as market price. Just like the auction tools now pretty much works (or does not work. I rarely put my eyes on it because most of the offers are automatically BS.).

All I can see in these threads is a cry : "Make them cheaper" - in veiled form. CR's need NOT to be cheaper, there is already customer base for current prices. You should not beg for discounts but start thinking ways to make money if you want to be part of that market.
23/113
KR8NUX - Veteran - URBAN MADNESS English
Friday 07/12/2012, 20:55

Of all the solutions you have had, I would like to add one, which i have posted on many comment strings of overpriced cards.

The thing you should try to counter is INFLATION. Not just of crs. but of other overpriced cards as well.
There are many ways of that. Put more of the overpriced rare cards into circulation (eg Cortez)
Or increase the influx of clintz. like giving more clintz out for tourneys, or just keeping it simple, more clintz per match.
Instead of getting into too much brainstorming, why dont you just study real world economics a bit and see how they counter INFLATION.
24/113
TheDoomBug - Legend - Limit Break English
Friday 07/12/2012, 20:56

I'm seeing this differently. I think this idea is more of an anti-inflation plan. Every CR sold is less clintz in the game. The CRs then could be sold on the market circulating more money and draining some via tax. If all the cards' values drop that means clintz' value rises.

Maybe they could start this plan with only one Cr a week and see how it goes. Gentle steps into the pool instead of diving right in.
25/113
Gomla - Titan - Time Conquers All English

This idea, it is one for the ages
26/113
kraksy - Titan - Raven's Crew English

If You (admins) want to make them cheaper no one can stop You.
but its senseless, I am playing to get big 5, if I can do this easy and fast there wont be a reason to play further.

and messing with market is breaking long term investing plans
27/113
Zero-Alucard - Legend - URBAN MADNESS English
Friday 07/12/2012, 21:19

This would be a GREAT idea. It would definitely help keep new players in the game. When I started out, I definitely thought it would be impossibly to get Cr 's. Though I did continue to play and did get some Cr's later on, I still think it is rather ridiculous for new players who are just starting the game to save up and get high end Cr's, even those as low as Tanaereva Cr for example. Say there is an auction for Caelus Cr . The lowest minimum price for him on the market currently is 174999 clintz. The maximum auction bid should go no higher than this, as player's who bid higher than this are losing clintz, as they could simply get the card for cheaper on the market.

This idea is great for the average player and new players to the game, and I suggest UR that you go with it
28/113
Zero-Alucard - Legend - URBAN MADNESS English
Friday 07/12/2012, 21:33

This is a great idea! Putting more Cr's in the market would definitely help them be accessible to newer players, who have a hard time as it is getting into the game. BUT as one suggestion, regarding the Big 5, I suggest only putting 1 in the auction no more than once a WEEK. What I mean is, if you put 5 Cr's for auction every day, so 35 Cr's every week, 1 of the 35 will be only ONE of the Big 5, so Tessa Cr for example. Next week will be Guru Cr , then DJ Korr Cr the following week, etc.
29/113
kraksy - Titan - Raven's Crew English
Friday 07/12/2012, 22:06

New players doesnt need Korr or Guru but just regular good cards for tourney
( to earn credits ... and get Korr or Guru for fun)
30/113
0 KILLIC - Titan - Limit Break English
Friday 07/12/2012, 22:52

Auctioning collector from retired people that keeps their collection would be fine.

« Previous12345678910...1112Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals