Urban Rivals
?
Register            Already signed up to the game →  
Click here if you forgot your password.

Collector auction. What do you think of it ?

Friday 07/12/2012, 14:18
Dr.Ido - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
113 messages
Dr.Ido - Legend - Clint StaffEnglish - Monday 10/12/2012, 15:49

We have a simple idea that we hope you'll like. Before moving forward on it, we'd like to know what you think.

Nowadays, we give away Collectors through the DT and the ELO tournament. We'd like to put 5 collector on the auction everyday, with a price starting at 1 clintz and no reserve price.

This way, the price of the Cr (especially of the top 5) would be set by the buyers instead of the sellers.
The number of Collector released in the economy would still be modest (half of what we release through the DT), so the impact on the economy would probably be modest at first.

Hopefully, after a few weeks (months ?) that the prices of the most expensive Cr would start to self regulate and reach more reasonable levels.

So that's the idea. Tell us what you think, either by posting in the board and/or by answering the survey here : http://www.urban-rivals.com/to/auctioncr/

edited by Goralion Monday 10/12/2012, 15:49
« Previous12345678910...1112Next »

51/113
Infiniti - Guru English
Saturday 08/12/2012, 17:25

Lol, 4 years in UR and still no big 5
52/113
HHM-Rap Muzik - Guru - Hip Hop Messiahz English
Saturday 08/12/2012, 20:28

No because when you release big crs their will not be players with ten mil+ to spend on the big 5 so they will significantly drop ruining all the work of the players who have them.
53/113
theKFCguy - Imperator - Great White North English
Saturday 08/12/2012, 21:23

@ mr Intelijent; i agree 100%, lets not spoon feed these cards to newer players because they're too lazy to work for it. It's already bad enough with new players rocking Ambre and ulu or Bangers clan when they're only level 20. Just imagin a level 30 with dj korr and Ambre ( the thought makes me cry). Not to mention, a majority of these casual players will get bored with UR and eventually they will move on, whereas the hardcore players will stay until the end of UR. Don't do what blizzard did with wow and make the game a spoon feeding fest.
54/113
ghelas - Titan - The Trend English
Saturday 08/12/2012, 23:53

Lots of excellent points brought up here...

I definitely think that the best one is that you shouldn't ever make the game less enjoyable/meaningful for die-hard players in an attempt to make the game more enjoyable for newer players. Old players are invested in the game and in the community. They help support the game, but not just financially -- they generate some of the content that keeps people coming back to this website, in the form of forum posts, contests, guilds, and so on.

Give newer players access to good cards, make sure there are at least a couple of game modes balanced so that they can achieve a measure of success, and give them good short-term and long-term goals to work towards. But PLEASE, don't feel the need to give them everything.

It worked for this player!
55/113
mahawirasd - Titan - Immortality English
Sunday 09/12/2012, 01:24

+1 The Doom Bug imho.

as an anti-inflationary mechanism it would be a good thing. Nevertheless, taking baby steps (1 per day) would probably serve that purpose better.
56/113
Agora(AL) - Titan English
Sunday 09/12/2012, 05:26

@ mr Intelijent; i agree dont make the game for players who cry cause they cant compete i started this game as a senior now im almost a legend its cause seeing these higher player influence me to work hard
57/113
Saveroftime - Hero - TRiNiTY English
Sunday 09/12/2012, 10:40

For me i agree with the deal cuz i am poor
58/113
H zerOrez A - Veteran - Harbingers of Ares English
Sunday 09/12/2012, 12:10

Mr Intelligent, u have no clue over 4Paladin, you have not idea why he is a senior, so do me a favor a please shut up and dont judge others over a word next to their name. 4Paladin is a senior because hes doing a CHALLENGE, he gave his cards to someone so they can take of them while he does the challenge. Be quite and stop determining people over what you see.

On the actual point here, this is fine. And Mr Intellijent i also think 4Paladins post was talking about INFLATION in market NOT about "newer" people wanting things easily. Ive been playing this game for close to 4 years now ... and honestly if the rich hadnt inflamed the market i would have a Lyse Teria Cr and a DJ Korr Cr, but from them costing 3 million to over 10 million is pure stupidity and this is obviously what they are trying to stop, or eventually it will be the rich controlling EVERYTHING.
59/113
UM_AaaBattery - Moderator - URBAN MADNESS English
Sunday 09/12/2012, 13:18

I own some of the big 5 and I agree that there prices are mad and that it should lower to allow players a bit of a better chance to get them.

But the problem with this system I see is that most players won't be able to afford the prices they could reach at auction e.g Kiki Cr could reach 8-9 mill + how many players would still be able to afford this, not many I suspect without selling most of their collection, this would allow players who have 8+ mill to get the card (which they most likely could near enough get anyway).

I think more ways to get them, which doesn’t count on how many clintz/credits you have, would work e.g increase the amount given away in ELO, DT. Make a DT like giveaway for everyone who gets 1st in a Deathmatch, Give a CR randomly to ever player who get say 20 in survivor e.ct and more which I probably can't think of

This would allow them to be given to players with SKILL more then Money which is a good thing because skill can be increased with hard work and practise.
60/113
H zerOrez A - Veteran - Harbingers of Ares English
Sunday 09/12/2012, 14:58

@ AAR, i don't think they'll go as far as to ruin the game? i mean come on, have a little faith in the staff. They wanted to make it easier, not easy and simple. They want to make the game a little more enjoyable, maybe decrease the price by a million for what? 2 months before the prices inflate again? Theres no way the game will be ruined over this. Im not a new player i have been here for almost 4 years. I think this is great. And think about it ... 4 years ago Lyse or Dj korr were 4 million? probably less. So if anything it'll relax the priced down and minimally counteract inflation.

« Previous12345678910...1112Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals