Urban Rivals
?
Register            Already signed up to the game →  
Click here if you forgot your password.

Collector auction. What do you think of it ?

Friday 07/12/2012, 14:18
Dr.Ido - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
113 messages
Dr.Ido - Legend - Clint StaffEnglish - Monday 10/12/2012, 15:49

We have a simple idea that we hope you'll like. Before moving forward on it, we'd like to know what you think.

Nowadays, we give away Collectors through the DT and the ELO tournament. We'd like to put 5 collector on the auction everyday, with a price starting at 1 clintz and no reserve price.

This way, the price of the Cr (especially of the top 5) would be set by the buyers instead of the sellers.
The number of Collector released in the economy would still be modest (half of what we release through the DT), so the impact on the economy would probably be modest at first.

Hopefully, after a few weeks (months ?) that the prices of the most expensive Cr would start to self regulate and reach more reasonable levels.

So that's the idea. Tell us what you think, either by posting in the board and/or by answering the survey here : http://www.urban-rivals.com/to/auctioncr/

edited by Goralion Monday 10/12/2012, 15:49
« Previous12345678910...1112Next »

71/113
ghelas - Titan - The Trend English
Monday 10/12/2012, 03:44

@Zero:

I think that falls under the first example though. 99% of UR players who don't already have DJ Korr Cr will still be unable to afford him. The players who already have 30 copies of him and lots of clintz laying around that they have nothing to do with? They'll snatch him up at his new lower price, and just wait until he goes back to 15 m... So, what changes?

The market is dictated by supply and demand. Few new DJ Korr Cr cards are created, and a lot of those will just stay in the collections of the people who win those newly created cards. Because of this, there is no happy middle ground. Either there must be a lot of new DJ Korr Cr or his price will stay sky-high. But if many new Korrs are created, it will hurt die-hard collectors in a way that simply isn't fair.
72/113
Mr Intelijent - Hero - D-Versified English
Monday 10/12/2012, 04:29

@HoA Zero

When did I say that I deserve a special treatment? Did you not read any of my post? The point I clearly conveyed was that no one deserves a special treatment and everyone should have to work the same to get CR's in this game. Not that new players don't deserve it and old players should get CRs. EVERYONE should have to do the SAME ammount of work to get the SAME card. I also don't get why you said he was a level 70+ when his profile says level 44. Despite the fact that I labeled him a 'Senior' is not to be biased against him. But a person with 9 characters (May not be the case but just my observation) who is saying that card should be more easily aquirable just didn't sit right with me and goes against what I was saying. I have nothing against Seniors, I was a level 40 Novice at one stage and I used 8 cards for every game mode. There's nothing wrong with that but obviously someone with 9 cards probably won't know as much about the value of cards as say a Legend.

I do not rate myself above others and you have clearly misunderstood what I was trying to say. Everyone in my eyes are equal and should not have any special treatment (Me included).
73/113
Saveroftime - Hero - TRiNiTY English
Monday 10/12/2012, 05:14

Wohh ! It will be great if,
I wish Robb Cr goes down 10k Jackie Cr down to 50k, Caelus down to 40k DJ Korr Cr goes down 200000/300000

--Cypher-- , I didn't realized that first thanks for pointing that

I wish the auction starts.. but insted of everyday , please make once in every 3 day
74/113
Shanks Miagi - Event team - D-Versified English
Monday 10/12/2012, 06:53

Great idea but this could lead to the rich simply getting richer. those with the clintz to afford the best cards will constantly try to obtain the best cards, leaving an unfair advantage to the poorer players. just a thought, other then that great idea!
75/113
Despizing - Master - Harbingers of Ares English
Monday 10/12/2012, 07:44

Mr Intelligent heres what your post said: Thats rich coming from a senior who's barely played the game for 1.5 year ...
So your using that against his argument, which is biased is it not? Also you completely misunderstood his post, he was only asking for inflation to stop. I guess we both misunderstood each other, lets leave it at that.
76/113
CK-Shawn - Colossus - <=Chaos-Knights=> English
Monday 10/12/2012, 08:29

If the crs are going to be released in auctions like what 5 Crs a week that is 260 a year people and there are like 66 crs right now which makes at most 4 of the same card a year but if it's 5 Crs a day that would be 35 a week and 1820 a year with about 28 copies of each card so i think 5 Crs a week is much better than 5 a day so that's why this thing needs tweaking if you want every player to like it this turned into a similar situation that yugioh players have when it comes to reprints
this affects all Crs not just the big 5 so no deal since there is already too many things allowing players getting crs and a waste of time
players just have to grind there way to get those cards so stop these shenanigans and think of doing something that would help UR more than hurting it
77/113
Despizing - Master - Harbingers of Ares English
Monday 10/12/2012, 08:44

@ Ghelas

I get it i really do, but i really doubt there are people with 30 DJ Korr Cr and can still repeatedly afford to buy more, now they wil eventually be limited and if UR can sturdy the price of cards like DJ, they would be forced to eventually sell.
Also can i add (i know you said nothing of this ghelas) but to all the people who say they don't want the challenge to stop, its barely a challenge if you can never reach it, Dj has grown at almost 4 million a year. I sure as hell don't make that much a year so i don't see how the challenge is possible for most people. Stop saying that it isn't a challenge if its 10 million. It most definitely is.
78/113
UM_AaaBattery - Moderator - URBAN MADNESS English
Monday 10/12/2012, 10:24

@--Cyber--, HoA Zero and Mr Intelijent. Lets allow everyone to have there views and keep discusions polite and on topic to help Urban Rivals. They have made this thread because they want to listen to our views, they don't want uneeded arguments.
79/113
Infiniti - Senior English
Monday 10/12/2012, 14:21

The only flaw in your idea WasterOfTime, is that if players can get 100 of each card under 20k then every time they open a pack they will be getting 60k+ per pack.
80/113
Dr.Ido - Legend - Clint Staff English
Monday 10/12/2012, 14:50

I didn't mention it in my post (I probably should have) but one of the key reason why we want to do this, is to create an effective way to reduce the amount of clintz in the economy. Many of your posts talk about the inflation in the economy, that's something we want to reduce. We already have the slot machine and the kate taxe, but that's clearly not enough.

One of the great thing about this idea is that it's not that complicated to do (we already have the auction system), it would require some development of course, but that's still a "simple" thing to do. And when it will be running, it's something that we can easily tweak and adjust.
I want to say again here that our goal is NOT to make the big Cr (Top 5 and below) available to everyone. Of course they should remain trophies that mean something, but today, they are much too difficult to obtain and there are too many Clintz in the economy. if we can fight Inflation while making the Cr more attainable, through a system that is easily scalable and adjustable, I think we'll improve the game for everyone.

« Previous12345678910...1112Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals