Urban Rivals
?
Register            Already signed up to the game →  
Click here if you forgot your password.

Collector auction. What do you think of it ?

Friday 07/12/2012, 14:18
Dr.Ido - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
113 messages
Dr.Ido - Legend - Clint StaffEnglish - Monday 10/12/2012, 15:49

We have a simple idea that we hope you'll like. Before moving forward on it, we'd like to know what you think.

Nowadays, we give away Collectors through the DT and the ELO tournament. We'd like to put 5 collector on the auction everyday, with a price starting at 1 clintz and no reserve price.

This way, the price of the Cr (especially of the top 5) would be set by the buyers instead of the sellers.
The number of Collector released in the economy would still be modest (half of what we release through the DT), so the impact on the economy would probably be modest at first.

Hopefully, after a few weeks (months ?) that the prices of the most expensive Cr would start to self regulate and reach more reasonable levels.

So that's the idea. Tell us what you think, either by posting in the board and/or by answering the survey here : http://www.urban-rivals.com/to/auctioncr/

edited by Goralion Monday 10/12/2012, 15:49
« Previous12...56789101112Next »

91/113
theKFCguy - Imperator - Great White North English
Monday 10/12/2012, 21:12

This idea that I am proposing may seem very stupid but it penalize's players who horde crs and may increase trade. I suggest we add an 'up keep tax' for players who horde crs. For example, if i had 5 dj korr and 9 Kiki Cr, i should be taxed for every copy of a cr that i own. This tax would mean that I would have to pay 1.2k for dj korr and 1.1k for Kiki per day to kate (the tax can differ from cr to cr). This 'upkeep tax" wont apply if you have only one copy of a cr. This might give the players who horde crs away the incentive to sell their crs so that they're not taxed to death. Overall this system may help eliminate clinkz and increase the chances someone is willing to sell their crs.

The only problem with this system is that i can make new accounts and have them hold my crs without being taxed or i can give them to my friends to hold and that will null the taxation.
92/113
DeepEnd - Imperator - Limit Break English
Monday 10/12/2012, 21:22

"be more inclined to spend clintz on new "status symbol" type guild perks"

Most important of these perks as moneysinks is simply "Moneytosser". It measures how eager guilds are to pay for their status on wealth, they rank on single page and only three top guilds get a status benefit: All members of those top3 guilds gets special badge to signify wealth, this badge is shown on forums and personal pages as golden, silver and bronze clintz-symbol by the username (right beside the flag).

The system is simple - guild members simply throw away money voluntary to common pool, that money is gone and it adds up to their rank on the guilds wealth list. Want to be number 1? You have to throw away more money than current number 1, simple as that.

This is simple "biggest pile is the badassest" competition, not for the poor or sensible people...
93/113
Monday 10/12/2012, 21:59

Sorry i wanted to add that you're paying 1.2k for each copy of DJ Korr Cr and 1.1k Kiki Cr which is a total of 15900 a day.
94/113
Infiniti - Senior English
Monday 10/12/2012, 22:57

@theKFCguy
So first you work hard to get the big 5 then you pay to keep it? I'm sorry but that idea totally sucks. Maybe a better idea would be to increase Kate's tax (even though everyone already hates the 5%).
95/113
0_4DPaladin - Veteran English
Monday 10/12/2012, 22:59

"Just think a moment. Lets assume we have three cards that currently cost 1000, 20000 and 5000000 clintz. Lets assume we go to -25% deflation that changes the daily values to be 750, 15000 and 3750000 clintz... so, stuff got cheaper right? - Wrong. Your main source of money - packs and market profits - got also devalued by same amount! - You'd still need 5000 copies of cheapest card to get the most expensive one."

However you still make 5-9 clintz a game for actually playing. Nice that everyone forgets this.
96/113
Monday 10/12/2012, 23:54

@-Infiniti- only if you have doubles of a same cr, basically you can have Kiki Cr, DJ Korr Cr, Guru Cr, and you won't be taxed. But when you get another Guru Cr for example, then you will be taxed for having the double. Basically it punishes the horder who try to control the market. But i realized it will hurt horders badly if they implement this because if they have many copies of an expensive cr then they wont have enough time to sell these cards which will result in them losing alot of money from the taxation. Mybe there can be a cap on how many copies of a cr you can have before you start getting taxed.
97/113
Tuesday 11/12/2012, 00:33

"only if you have doubles of a same cr, basically you can have Kiki Cr, DJ Korr Cr, Guru Cr, and you won't be taxed. But when you get another Guru Cr for example, then you will be taxed for having the double. Basically it punishes the horder who try to control the market. But i realized it will hurt horders badly if they implement this because if they have many copies of an expensive cr then they wont have enough time to sell these cards which will result in them losing alot of money from the taxation. Mybe there can be a cap on how many copies of a cr you can have before you start getting taxed."

Why would you need anymore than 1 copy of Dj Korr? You can only use 1 in a deck (Ignoring fight club), any more than that and your most likely hoarding and driving up the price.
98/113
Mr Intelijent - Guru - D-Versified English
Tuesday 11/12/2012, 02:03

'However you still make 5-9 clintz a game for actually playing. Nice that everyone forgets this.'

In Elo mode alone you stand to make a lot of money from playing well. Not to mention you can easily get 10 credits by reaching 1300 elo. It's even easier to get 5 credits by reaching 1200.

Clintz
• The 1st wins 4% of the Clintz Jackpot.
• 2nd wins 2% of the Clintz Jackpot.
• 3rd placed wins 1% of the Clintz Jackpot.
• 4th to 10th placed wins 0.5% of the Clintz Jackpot.
• 11th to 25th placed wins 0.25% of the Clintz Jackpot.
• Players finishing over 25th and with more than 1,200 ELO points share out the remaining 86.25% of the Clintz Jackpot based on their ELO scores.

So there's a lot of money to be earnt in that format alone. Now we move on to Survivor, the person with the highest survivor recorded almost got 33,000 clints from playing which is a pretty respectable ammount if you ask me. Then there is ofcause the Daily Tournament. If you play one match you are garunteed 50 clintz. Play 5 matches a day in 5 DTs you get 250 clintz. Do it for a week you have 1750 clintz. Do it for a month you will generally get about 7500 clintsz. Do it for a year you have 90000 clintz. Not bad for 5 matches a day. That's from 5 two minute matches a day. If you are good at DT you can get 7000 in one DT.

A lot of game modes offer a lot of clints, just because some people play in Fight Club all day doesn't mean they are limited to 5-9 clintz per game.
99/113
Tuesday 11/12/2012, 03:18

That statement was aimed at DeepEnd, Mr. Intelijent. I was saying that decreasing the card costs would help a lot: its easier to make 3750000 clintz than 5000000 clintz considering the amount you make from actually playing stays the same anyways.

But thanks for taking everything someone says as a personal attack lol.
100/113
1san - Imperator - Black Sea Piranas English
Tuesday 11/12/2012, 03:44

This is a great idea, now if only we could vote on witch cards deserve a staff ban. Maybe like the first of each month all players vote who's in an out for that month?

« Previous12...56789101112Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals