Tell us what you think of these ideas

Thursday 20/12/2012, 13:06
Dr.Ido - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
125 messages
Dr.Ido - Legend - Clint StaffEnglish - Thursday 20/12/2012, 13:06

We have a lot of ideas for Urban Rivals, and it's can be difficult to know what you really expect from us, fortunately, we have the message board Your comments on the Cr auctions helped us a lot to evaluate this project. We decided to put it aside until we can solve most (if not all) of the issues that appears. Today we'd like to continue this discussion and talk about 2 other features.

Among the features we have in mind for Urban Rivals, there are 2 that we'd like to know what you think of. Tell us which project should be our priority, according to you.

First idea : A new game mode allowing you to bet on your match

How would it work : The player would purchase tokens with their credits and bet these tokens in their games against other players, to get more tokens. Player would be able to exchange tokens for credits whenever they want, at the following rate : 10 credits = 1000 tokens.

The player would be able to bet 100, 500 or 1000 tokes per game. Winning rates increases with the number of tokens played.

100 tokens : Winner gets 160 tokens, loser gets 10. In case of draw both get 85 tokens. Kate takes 30 Tokens (15%)
500 tokens : Winner gets 850 tokens, loser gets 50. In case of draw both get 450 tokens. Kate takes 100 tokens (10%)
1000 tokens : Winner gets 1800 tokens, loser gets 100 tokens. In case of draw both get 950 tokens. Kate takes 100 tokens (5%)

If a player forfeits, quits or expires the game, his opponent wins the game

The deck format would be restricted, maybe not ELO (even though it's our idea at the moment) but certainly a format excluding the most unbalanced cards.

Second project : A new design of the character cards
The cards haven't changed in a very long time. We'd like to change them in order to bring more focus to the clan and the rarity, we also think of adding a background behind the character. Tell us what you think of the cards as they are now and wether we should change them.

That's it. It's your turn now!
« Previous12345678910...1213Next »

11/125
hashburki - Imperator - REIGN OF THE SUPREMES English
Thursday 20/12/2012, 15:14

First idea is good! but i'd liked it tweaked:

1.You could bet your cards, clintz, credits anything on it.

2.The deck or the format should be chosen by the players themselves. (that makes it more interesting, also that could lead to other awesome different formats).

3.Before the fight you could have a screen pretty similar to the "secure trade" one in which both players could see the others DECK and the BET and check that the format they have decided is implemented and then confirm to fight.

4.Kate tax should NOT be implemented (initially at-least) and used only if its necessary e.g if people try to monopolize the format, although i can't think of any way to do so.
12/125
Sicba - Imperator - Open Casket English
Thursday 20/12/2012, 15:36

1st idea, betting, aint so much excited about it.
2nd idea, dont understand it altogether what would you change and what do you mean by "more focus to the rarity", but I would like to see some older cards get some art makeover and when I click on the card to be able to see it in bigger resolution, for now only newer and some older are bigger when clicked on them.

On a side note, I would like some game mode, room or something where we could use all the 2*, 3* and even 4* that have some sort of bans on them and cant really be used in deck. Talking about the Zatmans, Lehanes, Bonnie Lds, Gils, Smokey Crs and others that cant really be put into T2 decks, and elsewhere when we use them, usually they are penalized or baned.
13/125
UM_AaaBattery - Moderator - URBAN MADNESS English
Thursday 20/12/2012, 15:38

1) I like the first idea but I think clintz would work better then credits. (added Kate tax to clintz would combat inflation a bit but added kate tax to credits won't help much unless the tokens turn into clintz instead of credits).

2) As long as it dosn't affect the cards artwork then im fine. (I gess your talking about changing card borders and background not the character art) and it could make them look better then they are now.
14/125
Dr.Ido - Legend - Clint Staff English
Thursday 20/12/2012, 15:57

By "Design of the character cards" I meant the card itself. The support where we place the artworks and the illustration. We don't plan to change the artworks or the stats. But just the way the card is "build" (for lack of a better word). For example, we could have border of specific colors for each clan, to make it easier to know which clan a character belongs to. We could also write the rarity of the card somewhere or have a specific symbole for each level or rarity.
15/125
Population 0 - Guru - Organized Konfusion English
Thursday 20/12/2012, 15:57

1st idea:
I'd say make the matches customizable and let people set it up waiting for an opponent. So that people can pick a game from a list of set challenges. Though this might be too much work. Other then that I understand that you run a bussiness and need to sell credits but make it that you can use clintz and credits to buy tokens with a favored unbalance towards the credits.
2nd idea:
Good, love it. Just don't make the new designs to distracting. Make sure the power, dmg, ability, bonus and character itself stand out more then the rest of the graphics, as these are the most important.
16/125
Reason_Behave - Titan - URBAN MADNESS English
Thursday 20/12/2012, 16:09

Make a survey for both of your suggestions, and you then you will see best results.
17/125
3M lushfer - Titan - 3LO MA$T3R English
Thursday 20/12/2012, 16:22

Yes first idea is great but Dr.Ido please make for this new game mode deck format like Survivor SooC if you remember... this format was great in summer of 2008.thanks
18/125
Thoazol - Legend - Wise Men Distracted English
Thursday 20/12/2012, 16:28

2nd idea
Fully in favour. Even if it's something as simple as standard cards being more blueish tint of the current frame, and extended only being greener shade.
19/125
Frostbyte LD - Legend - Organized Konfusion English
Thursday 20/12/2012, 16:34

@Sicba Isn't that the whole point of the Extended 25 format? I wouldn't be against them adding a survivor room for that format though.
20/125
DeepEnd - Imperator - Limit Break English
Thursday 20/12/2012, 17:01

"First idea : A new game mode allowing you to bet on your match"

Oh yes, this is great idea. BUT - the outcome should be 2 wins out of 3 games or 3 wins out of 5 games instead of "win or lose" to make games last longer and have "second chance" and to eliminate some luck-factor - also I wonder why this cant be straight out clintz-play with clintz limit instead of "tokens" - unless those tokens are worth something else than perhaps "fame" statistic?

.... which brings up the subject of stats....

Other thing is that because bets must always always concern known opponent (its challenge-response game mode) then there would be myriad of fixed games, making statistics irrelevant, and if tokens are valuable (more valuable than clintz) then there would be collaborative groups that intentionally lose bets to known opponent to give him whatever tokens can buy - be that clintz, cards or simply high ranking. If tokens are less valuable than clintz then this game mode would not be used much. Thats why I suggest using straight out clintz and have additional "bet" tax and NOT keep open statistics or give extra rewards.

"Second project : A new design of the character cards"

Its not broken and it does not have real flaws either - so why fix it? Current cards are clean and they display relevant information nicely so there is absolutely no problem here. Waste of time and resources IMHO.

« Previous12345678910...1213Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals