Tell us what you think of these ideas

Thursday 20/12/2012, 13:06
Dr.Ido - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
125 messages
Dr.Ido - Legend - Clint StaffEnglish - Thursday 20/12/2012, 13:06

We have a lot of ideas for Urban Rivals, and it's can be difficult to know what you really expect from us, fortunately, we have the message board Your comments on the Cr auctions helped us a lot to evaluate this project. We decided to put it aside until we can solve most (if not all) of the issues that appears. Today we'd like to continue this discussion and talk about 2 other features.

Among the features we have in mind for Urban Rivals, there are 2 that we'd like to know what you think of. Tell us which project should be our priority, according to you.

First idea : A new game mode allowing you to bet on your match

How would it work : The player would purchase tokens with their credits and bet these tokens in their games against other players, to get more tokens. Player would be able to exchange tokens for credits whenever they want, at the following rate : 10 credits = 1000 tokens.

The player would be able to bet 100, 500 or 1000 tokes per game. Winning rates increases with the number of tokens played.

100 tokens : Winner gets 160 tokens, loser gets 10. In case of draw both get 85 tokens. Kate takes 30 Tokens (15%)
500 tokens : Winner gets 850 tokens, loser gets 50. In case of draw both get 450 tokens. Kate takes 100 tokens (10%)
1000 tokens : Winner gets 1800 tokens, loser gets 100 tokens. In case of draw both get 950 tokens. Kate takes 100 tokens (5%)

If a player forfeits, quits or expires the game, his opponent wins the game

The deck format would be restricted, maybe not ELO (even though it's our idea at the moment) but certainly a format excluding the most unbalanced cards.

Second project : A new design of the character cards
The cards haven't changed in a very long time. We'd like to change them in order to bring more focus to the clan and the rarity, we also think of adding a background behind the character. Tell us what you think of the cards as they are now and wether we should change them.

That's it. It's your turn now!
« Previous12345678910...1213Next »

21/125
0_4DPaladin - Veteran English
Thursday 20/12/2012, 17:02

1) I'd rather clintz than Credits. If you go that road, I certainly hope theres Kate tax, so that it could help combat inflation.

2) Just gonna randomly say yes.

In the future you guys should try to think of clintz sinks since inflation is kind of rediculous. Or increase the amount of clintz you get from matches, even though it would fix it only for a short period of time, then make it worse.
22/125
Frowns - Titan - At the End of the World English
Thursday 20/12/2012, 17:13

I love the idea about character backgrounds! You could make a couple of backgrounds for each clan and then distribute them among the cards to give them a more "lively" look.
23/125
(((-))) - Legend Español
Thursday 20/12/2012, 17:28

There should not be a deck format restriction for a betting game mode .. More simple would be to have a type 2 betting room and a Elo type room for betting that way any one that's can afford to pay should be able to play !!!
24/125
ghelas - Titan - The Trend English
Thursday 20/12/2012, 17:30

1) Sounds interesting. However, I doubt it would be feasible.

Credits are purchased with real money and can already be exchanged for a pack of cards. Trading them in for a currency you gamble in betting matches has higher risk than any other mode. This high risk creates an undesirable barrier to entry. Even somebody who really enjoys this mode would be unwilling to take this risk all the time, and many players would not consider it at all.

2) Why? Wouldn't it be better to invest in something that adds value to the game? Better looking cards don't do anything new to entertain your players.

My recommendation: focus on developing new modes of play, new abilities, clans, etc.

Consider sealed pack tournaments, with each player drawing something like 24 cards with a limited number of commons, uncommons, and rares and then using them to compete. The strongest cards, including all ELO bans, should be banned from such a format of course... Paying for entry with credits should mean you keep the cards drawn, and paying for entry with clintz should mean they are removed at the end of the tournament (hey, there's a handy way to battle inflation, too!)
25/125
Grapple X - Legend - The Infinite Shoeblack English
Thursday 20/12/2012, 17:36

It's probably been suggested already, but if you're redesigning cards, something to denote Cr cards without losing their original rarity indicator would be nice. Perhaps an icon in the art window (like is currently done for ELO bans or Standard-legal cards) or a two-tone rarity bar, one side being the original rarity and the other being a new Cr colour.

I think you could also add some small effect to each rarity's colour just to look a little more impressive; a "non-metallic metal" effect (http://www.blackmoor.ca/articlesnmm.htm is a good explanation) to make the brown, grey and yellow seem more like bronze, silver and gold would be nice. LD purple could be given a similar effect to seem like a gemstone.

Backgrounds behind the art might be a bad idea unless you started commissioning art with backgrounds. Some of the art is already very "busy" (see Zinfrid or Logan for art with a lot going on) while some is already hard to see clearly at card size (like Lakit or Nukerenbo), backgrounds might make this even harder. The subtle effect for Standard cards is good but anything more striking or complex would risk making some art too hard to see properly.
26/125
Knight Spawn - Hero - BrainZtorm English
Thursday 20/12/2012, 18:08

Warriors- wake up - this is a great idea - both ideas are great - this is exactly
what UR need - to take this great game to the next level... the bet room - should
have - no restrictions - why - because in a fun way - this is organized gambling..
if i use my credit card - to buy credits - to buy tokens - to bet with - so i can -
potentially stack my chips - then one should bring whatever weapons he choose
to do battle...thats keeping it real!
27/125
UM_Highwind - Titan - URBAN MADNESS English
Thursday 20/12/2012, 18:16

YES to the second idea, no offence to Team Chman, but the artwork could really be improved in comparison to the modern card's artwork - but people should always be able to view the old school artwork if they wanted to.

To the first idea, I like it but I personally wouldn't participate in it.
28/125
Knight Spawn - Hero - BrainZtorm English
Thursday 20/12/2012, 18:22

No restrictions - real fighters Don`t need restrictions - u bet - u bring
whatever weapons u choose to do battle.. simple as that - this is only
fair to the guy that buys credits, with his/her credit card - to buy tokens -
to bet with... remember - in battle - may the best man/woman win...
29/125
Infiniti - Senior English
Thursday 20/12/2012, 18:32

So will Nerfeniti get his tomb back?

Overall I like both ideas
30/125
Blackseraphy - Imperator English
Thursday 20/12/2012, 18:32

I can't really say anything about first one, I certainly wouldn't play since I am not that keen on betting anyway.

However, I really like second idea, especially the part about backrounds. There is really nothing wrong with the white backrounds the cards have now, but it would be a nice for them to have some clan based artwork instead.

« Previous12345678910...1213Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals