Cards that deserve/ dont deserve bans

Sunday 06/01/2013, 16:52
0 the oracle - Imperator English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
273 messages
0 the oracle - Imperator - Open CasketEnglish - Sunday 06/01/2013, 16:52

Hey guys so I will just start us off. I dont get how Lizbeth is on top of the charts??? I mean for 1 less damage, you get Lulabee, which is FAR more stable than Lizbeth. I know, different clans, but Ulu is not that bad by themselves. + there are many replacements, and Lizbeth is what, like 60k? this is ridiculous.

I think Dorian is quite borderline as well, Uppers can still do pretty well without him. Herman, Hefty, even Lady are all replacements for Dorian, i mean i know he is strong against SoA, but thats it!. Herman is actually more threatening than Dorian in many matchups minus GHEIST/Roots.
« Previous12...131415161718...2728Next »

151/273
AGPrinz - Titan - 'AktivGaming' English
Thursday 31/01/2013, 10:41

On a side note, releases like Stompah are EXACTLY why I was saying Spyke should be unbanned. Not that i think it is a good idea in and of itself, but look at the huge power creep from cards like Stompah (and even Sabia)
152/273
ghelas - Admin - The Trend English
Thursday 31/01/2013, 11:56

Stompah is NOT Spyke! Stompah is kind of, sort of, a Revenge-conditional Spyke that becomes an "okay" card vs SoB and SoA. Vs SoB, he has a tiny bit less hitting power than Gianfranco and 1 more damage. Scary, right? Vs SoA he is a Revenge-based 9/7. Not bad, but not amazing, since he has to be played very predictably.

Spyke, on the other hand, was a better round winner vs SoB, a virtual 7/7 with no Revenge condition vs SoA, and against any other clan.... Well, he could shut down almost any strong card regardless of whether it was a Revenge turn or not. Comparing these two like they're on the same level is inaccurate.
153/273
teSG-Light - Hero - Open Casket English
Thursday 31/01/2013, 17:26

Cyb Lhia needs to be banned. This card can be splashed into a mono deck because even without the bonus, she is still a strong 2*.

Which obviously means that its one of the top candidates in a half deck, because she is so reliable, and suffers really only against SOA.

In mono Vortex, with all 4* and 5*s that are capable of doing massive damage and putting the game out of reach, they SHOULD NOT get a 2* that also has the SAME potential to deal massive damage, AND have the elusive 8 power.

Above all else, she is a Vortex. She can take risks, lose, and still have a chance to comeback, especially because Vortex is a clan filled with damage.

In my opinion, there are a few reasons why Cyb Lhia hasn't been banned.

1. Vortex is expensive. Few players can afford to make Vortex decks out of top end cards.
2. Vortex bonus is difficult to use.
3. Vortex is vulnerable against SOA.
4. Vortex is vulnerable against even a single SOB in your opponent's lineup.
5. Poison is difficult to utilize.

However:

1. Cards even more expensive than Cyb Lhia have been banned, but I guess she just isn't very common. Probably same reason why Splatla Cr isn't banned though :/
2. Probably the most legit reason imho
3. Cyb Lhia can be used to soak up your opponent's precious SOA.
4. See 3
5. Olga is banned, so I don't see why?
154/273
- Gino - - Senior - Open Casket English
Thursday 31/01/2013, 20:43

Spyke is a 4* with an incredible ability and a good bonus. Its good being banned. Look at the last time Spyke was legal to use almost every deck was running it. Too good of a card especially because its a 4* its so easy to find room in any deck.
155/273
0 the oracle - Imperator - Open Casket English
Friday 01/02/2013, 00:37

Cyb Lhia should not be banned, why?

this card is pretty useless against SoA.

high minimum on poison, makes it less useful.

very minimal synergy with clan, since all cards have high damage.

NO one wants to pill massively on a 2*.

that said UR staffs might see her potential 7 damage and yah... well i dont see how she deserves it.
156/273
0 Nomi - Imperator - Street Owners English
Friday 01/02/2013, 07:11

Spyke would be broken even as a 5*. That's how good he is.
Cyb Lhia is not game-breaking, nor is on an overpowered (but overpriced) clan. Doesn't deserve the banhammer.
Stompah is fair. Perhaps a bit too good, but whatever. Frozn needs non-stupidly-broken-yet-playable cards, and Stompah is one of them.
157/273
0 the oracle - Imperator - Open Casket English
Friday 01/02/2013, 15:15

Stompah is a bit too good, look at other clans counter parts like Raeth, Tuck etc. Frozn bonus is not a 'weak' one, rather situational but def not weak. as an alone card he is strong, imagine uncountered 9/7 -11 attack thats insane. solid card too. think this card is really close to ban, and Frozn has some nice support cards as well.

a powerful 15* deck: trompah Stompah Haaken Tiwi Ld
158/273
ghelas - Admin - The Trend English
Monday 04/02/2013, 08:37

Frozn bonus is bad because some cards will probably not get it throughout the course of the game. You can think of Frozn as a really strong clan... That SoBs itself about half of the time.

If you use Stompah on a Revenge turn, another card that becomes excellent in Revenge might have to be played on a Confidence turn instead, becoming a liability. Let's say you win with Stompah, get your 7 damage in, but next turn you're forced to play Haaken as a rather pathetic 7/3 SoA... Your opponent easily recovers most or all of the gap you made last turn. Not so great.

The thing that makes it even worse is how predictable Frozn are. Of course you are going to use your strongest cards on Revenge turns. Of course you are going to throw away your weak cards with just a few, most likely 0 pills, on Confidence turns. Of course any experienced player knows what your strategy will be.
159/273
AGPrinz - Titan - 'AktivGaming' English
Wednesday 06/02/2013, 05:55

Im pretty sure Freaks can only use their bonus once, and pussy cats at most 3 (well, four if your opponent backlashes himself with say Bernie (no bonus), and you use Leela, thus losing every round but still winning) times. Vortex at most 3 times.

also, lets say you run Freaks / Frozn, lose with a bluffed Grudj, then clean up with a sah brink and Stompah, all while losing with Tiwi Ld. or lets say your opponent bluffs his first turn with a Oxen and u call it and beat him because you have +11 attack .
160/273
Sicba - Imperator - Open Casket English
Sunday 24/02/2013, 11:33

OK, dont wanna open up a new topc, so Ill write here. What do you guys think about unbaning Smokey Cr? Is he still that of a threat? Besides from Tyd, Piranas dont have a good 3* for dual deck. Ector can be ok, but we all know that he isnt taht good. Same with Baba. The new 3*, Morgane, would be much better as 7/4 IMO, than as 6/5. She also doesnt feel right. If they would unban Ulrich, that would be nice, but lets talk about Smokey, is he still ban worthy?

« Previous12...131415161718...2728Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals