Cards that deserve/ dont deserve bans

Sunday 06/01/2013, 16:52
0 the oracle - Imperator English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
273 messages
0 the oracle - Imperator - Open CasketEnglish - Sunday 06/01/2013, 16:52

Hey guys so I will just start us off. I dont get how Lizbeth is on top of the charts??? I mean for 1 less damage, you get Lulabee, which is FAR more stable than Lizbeth. I know, different clans, but Ulu is not that bad by themselves. + there are many replacements, and Lizbeth is what, like 60k? this is ridiculous.

I think Dorian is quite borderline as well, Uppers can still do pretty well without him. Herman, Hefty, even Lady are all replacements for Dorian, i mean i know he is strong against SoA, but thats it!. Herman is actually more threatening than Dorian in many matchups minus GHEIST/Roots.
« Previous12...67891011...2728Next »

81/273
Fanta Pants - Guru - aussie crusaders English
Wednesday 16/01/2013, 22:43

Lehane and Liam is not super difficult. I lead a card call it a 3*. If you don't play either next round you probably will. Liam I'd defend with minimal attack manip. Lehane I could just fury full. Or do nothing if you expected that. Then after Liam is gone do the same thing round 3. I
82/273
AGPrinz - Titan - 'AktivGaming' English
Thursday 17/01/2013, 00:38

I think Taljion is actually a fairly old card, way before Gertjan.

On a side note, i first started playing when Rico was released. If anyone can bring up the link where Rico was released, id appreciate it. Back then I believe they released 2 cards from each clan at a time (yes, that means Piranas were my first "new" clan)
83/273
Tsuda_hkg - Guru - HKG English
Thursday 17/01/2013, 08:22

Fury full on Ditha? 8 pills on Lehane is enough to counter that. if you used 2 pills on first round, 6 is enough.
And not super difficult? Shouldn't it be easy or super easy if Liam is terrible and Lehane is not threatening?
84/273
E10din - Titan English
Thursday 17/01/2013, 20:44

Gertjan was released 3 months after the release of Taljion
85/273
Friday 18/01/2013, 03:37

If you use 8 pillz on your lead predicting my Ditha what if i dont use Ditha? Or what if i don't fury? It's all about out thinking your opponent.

Then your down up to 8 pillz and i have 2 cards left. Pretty sure it's winnable from there.
86/273
0 Nomi - Imperator English
Friday 18/01/2013, 06:40

People need to realize you don't always have to win all the rounds.
87/273
Tsuda_hkg - Guru - HKG English
Friday 18/01/2013, 09:26

If limiting your choice to be "full pill or don't use" is not enough, what do you expect for a 2*? Determine the result of the match by a 2* alone?
88/273
- Gino - - Senior - Open Casket English
Friday 18/01/2013, 18:46

Gertjan makes mono Roots a go to deck when available. personally i think a 3* card like that makes it ban worthy(on a weekly vote not permaban). canceling out an opponents ability plus allowing you to get a huge attack bonus is deadly especially for a 3*. now if it had a +3 support it would be a little more balanced.

Now banning this card totally hurts mono Roots. Im all for it being on the weekly vote list. replacing Gertjan with Yookie isnt a great idea either because half deck Roots with all that dr is also great. Make it on the weekly vote list like how its currently on this week.
89/273
0 the oracle - Imperator - Open Casket English
Saturday 19/01/2013, 02:13

Gertjan should be perma banned in all honesty. just compare to Taljion? more useful bonus (most of the time at least) and deadlier ability too. Taljion is already considered mono staple and a very powerful card. Gertjan deserves the ban

@fanta your argument for Ditha just does not work... thing is Lehane is not even meant as a card that would straight up counter Ditha.... Liam is. Lehane is just a wall card that if your opponent throws like Grudj at you you can have a TWO STAR beast that would block with minimal pillz.
90/273
Saturday 19/01/2013, 06:39

Gertjan isn't that good. Roots have enough bans as it is. Do you have to build your deck with a counter for her (or multiple counters?). I personally don't. So it's not so OP it deserves a ban.

Roots in general aren't that good it's only thier bonus that makes them playable.
If you look at each of the card in the star groups they're at the bottom of the quality and depth lists.

2* Treeman and Flora are the only good ones. Most other clans have at least 2 usable ones which are better.
3* Are ok but not amazing. Take out Gertjan and your choices are terrible for mon .
4* Only 2 viable cards. Both of which people vote to ban. ( I wouldn't play Burdock)
5* Possibly the worst 5* elo clan in the game.

So the cards themselves aren't OP, it would be arguably their bonus. But you can't ban the entire clan. No matter how hard Ur try ( 6 bans and counting.)

If you remove Gertjan, you destroy and entire deck type (Mono Roots).

All the good 2* cards are gone Gil, Bonnie Ld cards that actually influenced the game. I miss those days.

On Ditha. If you choose to play her then obviously one of the dangers is SOA. If you don't like SOA play Lena or Selina.
What i'm saying is that a good player won't let Ditha be played against an SOA card. What a good player will do is out think their opponent. If think your opponent will pill to stop you using Ditha, don't play her. Pick your rounds. Winning every round is nice but it doesn't happen often,.

« Previous12...67891011...2728Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals