Breaking a myth

Breaking a myth
Tuesday 15/01/2013, 10:45
0 the oracle - Imperator English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
18 messages
Breaking a myth
0 the oracle - Imperator - Open CasketEnglish - Tuesday 15/01/2013, 10:45

Hey guys so this might be a short thread, who knows.

so in general, people always say, oh Fuzz Lou XU52 same card pretty much. and occasionally, 'oh XU52 has a better ability cuz of low minimum, beats Uppers and sakrohm' whilst that is true, i bring another argument.

Fuzz actually comes out on top of them 3.

while facing against each other they are the same card, there is a MAJOR difference, with Fuzz having SoA as ability. so what difference does that bring, well you will realize when facing Piranas and Nightmare. those are the clans with THE peskiest abilities, and having Fuzz on your team is gold. in that case, +8 attack really does not do much.

not to mention, in mono and even 3/1 split environments, SoA would be so abundant on your team that it would actually be less precious, and Lou would have been better off having some other ability, like + 2 power (point being SoA being less precious.

finally, SoA clans tend to NOT have as threatening abilities, since that would otherwise make them op. So:
Fuzz > XU52 > Lou (ignoring synergy with clan)
« Previous12Next »

2/18
UM_AaaBattery - Moderator - URBAN MADNESS English
Tuesday 15/01/2013, 13:02

I personally don't see why people argue over whos better. Theres not much point unless their from the same clan or your going to do half decks.
3/18
TGAP-Trixie - Senior English
Wednesday 16/01/2013, 03:32

Oh and then there's the stop: ability cards that make you hate using GHEIST/Roots in the first place; having Fuzz means you only have one card your opp can try to capitalize off of to activate their stop ability.
I'd like to say many people already know this information though, but if not, hey, free info!
4/18
Tsuda_hkg - Guru - HKG English
Wednesday 16/01/2013, 08:35

At least there isn't any stop card that is good enough to be ever temporarily banned and the most of them are not even playable.
Personally I only use stop card in a clan with strong enough bonus such as Karen and Glosh so they don't become liability when you face clans other than GHEIST/Roots, which is more than 50% of the case.
5/18
M-Bison - Legend - URBAN MADNESS English
Tuesday 22/01/2013, 05:13

Can't really ignore synergy with clan when judging a card.
6/18
wasteroftime - Moderator - Open Casket English
Tuesday 22/01/2013, 05:41

Dont think there is a myth to break....
on their own, all 3 cards are actually quite balanced for 5 stars
7/18
ghelas - Titan - The Trend English
Tuesday 22/01/2013, 06:55

I completely agree with Oracle. What's more, I'd say that if you do look at clan synergy, Fuzz > Lou > XU52.

Junkz have a ton of cards you just don't want to fight -- not only are they strong, but they have mitigating functions as well, and wasting pills to stop them can seem counter-intuitive. But letting them through means that Fuzz looms over you the entire game.

Roots work on a somewhat similar principle. They have a good bit of attack manip as is, and pilling up against any one of them means Lou just has a better chance at that deciding late game hit.

GHEIST, on the other hand, have average/low power and very little in the way of round-winning abilities. While XU is still a very scary card, clan synergy (or lack thereof) makes him the weakest of the three by far.
8/18
subclavianHoA - Imperator - Harbingers of Ares English
Wednesday 23/01/2013, 03:42

XU52 > Fuzz > Lou

When you're using mono GHEIST, XU52 is probably the only attack manip card in your hand, so quite often his ability becomes crucial to your overall strategy. His solid base stats

Fuzz is better against stopping SOB clans and as someone mentioned dodging stop: cards. *But*...he's a 5*, so it's very wasteful to be using him as a stopper against SOB clans when Qubik could do the same task with less stars and higher power. Also, he's a 5* so there's a good chance you're going first if you draw him, which makes dodging stop: cards and stopping people slightly more difficult.
9/18
ghelas - Titan - The Trend English
Wednesday 23/01/2013, 04:45

@Subclavian:

I can't argue with your experience, and a lot of good players seem to really like XU52, but I always found his stats a bit iffy. At 6 power, he's not going to have an easy time against... Well, anyone. He wins rounds just a tiny little bit better than a 7 power. Any 8 power or attack/power manip bonus card is capable of giving him a hard time. And because the rest of his clan lacks round-winning abilities, overpilling him is just as dangerous as pilling him low to try to sneak him in.

IMO the best use of a high-damage card is to let it "loom" over your opponent and control the game. Your opponent needs to be prepared to fight off that big hit, especially if something like SoA enables it to go through ability DR. But the clans that do this best are the ones with good round-winning abilities or bonuses. Can you really risk pilling up against something like Flanagan, Tremorh, Fizzle, or Eebiza if Fuzz is on the table? On the other hand, can you risk letting any of those cards through, assuming they're pilled low?
10/18
subclavianHoA - Imperator - Harbingers of Ares English
Wednesday 23/01/2013, 07:55

@ghelas

True, having that un-DRable 8 damage hanging over your opponent's head does have its advantages. But you're likely going first if you draw your 5* in a 25* format, which means all your opponent has to do is make sure to leave enough pills to block Fuzz in the 3rd/4th round, and he can then spend the rest on winning another round. Given the low overall damage of the Junkz, winning 2/4 is usually enough to win the match.

I guess it depends on playing style, but I prefer using low powered nukes unexpectedly in the 1st/2nd round as a sort of low risk/high reward gamble that I can recover from even if I lose. On the other hand, sure-win cards like Dorian or Beeboy are almost always reserved for pill counting purposes in the later rounds

But that's just my playing style, I guess

« Previous12Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals