Differences between ELO rankings

Friday 18/01/2013, 11:18
Fotakou - Imperator ελληνικά

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
40 messages
Fotakou - Imperator ελληνικά - Friday 18/01/2013, 11:18

Hello guys,now that the week is ending I thought that it would be a good idea to open this thread

What I want to ask/discuss is what is the difference between 1000-1100,1100-1200,1200-1300 and 1300+ ELO rankings.

It seems clear to me that at the lowest ranges everything goes. I do not talk about a deck with 1 card of 8 different clans,but the variety of decks is too big,so I think that as long as your deck is balanced and you have a decent hand,you can rise.

But as the ranking increases? What do you believe is a must in a deck? Of course everything changes with weekly bans but what would you say remains constant in the prequisities of a good deck?

I believe:
SOA/SOB
DR
Solid stats(preferably 7+ power)
Nukes
Mono/half/5-3 decks(the 5-3 was mainly added to make 0 ComeAtMe rage )

Waiting for your input!
« Previous1234Next »

21/40
KitsuneKatsumi - Imperator - XiongDang English
Sunday 20/01/2013, 03:57

Skeelz 7/8 or 8/7 Protection power and damage. Skeelz would go nuts with a Protection power and damage. Skeelz would be nuts right now if Carter had been double protection.

I'm glad we at least agree on the sad state of Skeelz 5*. Michael was good for this week but once the topend DRs are back in play and Pussycats and Montana are out in force Skeelz will be far less effective. Tomas' 6 damage is just pathetic, SOB and protection have very little synergy with each other (he can't even beat Protection: Bonus!), Tomas is a wall when Skeelz 5* need to be bombs. It's not like there isn't a DR with Tomas' name on it just like Michael.

For me it's only Michael and Aylen. Aylen is not so good in mono, 7 power is pathetic, but she is a bomb that threatens every round and she can win in a 1/2 deck with Pussycats. As for Michael, with Falkenstein, Skeelz are now much better at winning 3 than they used to be, and Michael can work despite his predictability if you win 3. He also has terrific synergy with Falkenstein (2HKO), Redra, Sandro and the pill manipulators.

Thankfully Greem isn't banned all the time.
22/40
ghelas - Admin - The Trend English
Sunday 20/01/2013, 07:57

The reason Michael is pretty good is because Skeelz already have a bunch of incredible round-winners. Even if you throw a few pills on Michael and he just gets DRed, between cards like Sandro, Chiara Cr, Dr Falkenstein, Sasha, and a mess of 8 powers, he helps Skeelz threaten a 3 round win.

You can't just look at cards out of context and expect to be able to assess them accurately.
23/40
0 the oracle - Imperator - Open Casket English
Sunday 20/01/2013, 14:59

I dont agree even if Carter had double protection he would still be balanced... and I would STILL use Dr Falkenstein and Greem over him. ok maybe 7/8 protection power and damage would be a bit more balanced, but 7 power seems a bit weak.

sorry for once i disagree with ghelas

Michael is soooo predictable. he gets countered by a lot of cards, and in the case lets say he is the ONLY bomb in your hand, you WILL have to pill with him, but will face the risk of getting DRed. courage never works that well, and personally I have tried him in a lot of games. I honestly prefer Tomas i know Tomas is kinda terrible too but thing is Skeelz is DESPERATELY lacking a good 5*. Aylen just does not work at all 7 power is terrible. heck sometimes I think I need to use Dwan for that extra DR.

how about Eloxia? she is actually usable.
24/40
ghelas - Admin - The Trend English
Sunday 20/01/2013, 16:57

Eh, we don't have to agree on everything, Oracle! I should have probably pointed out that I do see Michael's weaknesses. 7 damage that doesn't go through DR isn't terribly impressive for a 5* these days, and Courage definitely makes the problem worse... But I do value the ability to help win 3 rounds pretty highly. Skeelz that are great round-winners are good vs SoA for obvious reasons, and because they don't rely on a bonus to win rounds, they are good against SoB as well. If both SoA and SoB are prominent in the meta, I find Michael very playable.
25/40
-Bakuryu - Senior English
Sunday 20/01/2013, 17:14

Eloxia=Michael without the possible extra power.. How often are you going to use her poison? And waste what should be your best card? Unless you're using Jay then that's soooo predictable.
26/40
KitsuneKatsumi - Imperator - XiongDang English
Monday 21/01/2013, 02:23

Yes but once Spiaghi and Avola are lose and Montana is the flavor of the week, that's not a good week to use mono Skeelz.

DR and Power reduction are some of Skeelz's worst matchups. An 8/7 or 7/8 that is immune to everything would be really playable. It'd assure that Carter and your highest damage can get through without DR or power reduction, at least one. Carter doesn't replace Falkenstein if he was double protection, but you could use Carter+Snowflake instead of Greem.

I think 7 power bombs are fine, the only 8 power bombs that Skeelz have are Corvus and Manfred. But they die to AS, even Greem dies to AS. So 7 power protected is certainly not a dealbreaker.
27/40
subclavianHoA - Imperator - Harbingers of Ares English
Monday 21/01/2013, 06:59

Michael could have been a great card if only the rest of the Skeelz clan doesn't completely lack any semblance of damage whatsoever. I guess you could put Greem and Snowflake in, but that would make your deck very 50-50ish.

I prefer Aylen, or none if using a half deck
28/40
wats_happenin - Legend - Casual Grind English
Monday 21/01/2013, 09:28

Aylen is my go to 5* for Skeelz....as someone mentioned the 5* is meant to be a bomb and Aylen does that job perfectly

In all honesty Kitsune is right....for once...Michael has been solid as the heavy end Dr's were all banned, not to mention the lack of Montana in ELO

An 8/7 5* with protection everything is pretty much what they need...but it would make them OP almost instantly...Falkenstein and probably either Sasha or Chiara would be banned every other week

Skeelz only need that strong bomb card like Askai to send them flying to tier 1 and turn the meta into another rock-paper-scissors situation like it was when Caelus Cr was aroune
29/40
Monday 21/01/2013, 11:31

Ok we have to agree for now that Skeelz is a clan that absolutely DIES to DRs (Snowflake + Greem are playable but as someone has pointed out very 50-50 and has to work in the first rounds). now that i think about it, Aylen might actually be ok, but 7 power is so pathetic. And since she is in Skeelz, I usually expect something a bit special and I mean Aylen is not that special many 5* cards can achieve the same gap or at least similar. I think if Logan had a minimum of 0 he would be so much more usable.....

I still think that Skeelz lack a solid SoA, i again propose:

8/6 SoA since no one saw it.

8/4 +5 damage

7/6 -3 opp. power min. 3
30/40
Monday 21/01/2013, 12:11

Just made a mono Skeelz preset too, give me some feedback:

Aylen, Dr Falkenstein, Chiara Cr, Andy Ld, Sandro, Deebler, Liam, Sasha

note: i am NOT taking out Liam i love SoA; Deebler is terrible i know but i feel weird having a 24* deck having Redra

« Previous1234Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals