Requesting the New Shop Packs be removed/Remade

Friday 12/04/2013, 13:54
UR_Genie - Hero English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
62 messages
UR_Genie - Hero English - Friday 12/04/2013, 13:54

Hello I am requesting that the Urban rivals Staff remove the new packs they made.

The new blood pack I don't mind as much, however the Elite pack needs to remove its rare guarantee, and I believe the Ultimate needs to lower how many it guarantees.

I know a lot of players will jump down my throat saying I want to keep the rich players rich and such. But lets look at the facts of how it has affected the market in 3 DAYS!
Name of card Pre new packs price-> post new packs price 3 days later

Kalindra 80k->62k
X-0DUS 50k->44k
Dregn 48k->42k
Dagg 31k->26.5k
Shaakarti 25k->21.5k
Kolos 45k->41k
Karrion 32k->28k

These are just a few of the big cards that have lost more than 10% of their value in 3 days.

I request that people go and message the UR support team requesting a remake to these packs. I know a lot of players feel these packs were a great addition because they got some really good cards, but it isn't worth the entire market tanking.

The market doesn't stop at the valuable cards like those listed above, with their deminishing value the gap between them and the Crs grow making it even harder for players to get Jackie Cr, Caelus Cr, Tanaereva Cr, Vickie Cr, Lamar Cr, Splata Cr. Because now 2 X-0DUS isnt equal to a Caelus Cr now players have to add more, and this will continue unless we tell them to make it stop.

So please I ask again tell support what you think.

Thanks for your time
~Xi
« Previous1234567Next »

2/62
WMDuessel - Imperator - Wise Men Distracted English
Friday 12/04/2013, 14:59

I don't mind the big cards dropping actually, despite having some lots in my collection. Why?

The fact is, the reason these rates cost so much is these "rich players" hoard the cards. Numar's price is insanely high for no good reason, the same argument can be made for Shaakarti. They're playable sure, but so are Tuck, Angelo, Cutey etc. All these rares, as far as I know, have the same chance of popping up. So why are the prices so high? Again, market control, manipulation by rich players who want to get richer.

This has been a negative blight on UR for quite a while. It takes deep investment into the game to afford cards, and UR should be keeping prices down, not enlargening the gap between the players with large coffers and the players with small coffers.

Just because rares are going down doesn't mean the market is going to crash. It's not the 2008 US debt crisis. Devaluation helps Boostr earn more new players, is good for for players who aren't into collecting all the cards. In fact, it's only bad for those with huge investments on rare non-Crs. Your argument on the Crs does have some merit, but honestly, clintz will still be clintz. With the average value of each pack increasing, players will be about equal as when rares weren't guaranteed.

I'm in favor of keeping the new packs.
3/62
UR_Genie - Hero English
Friday 12/04/2013, 19:26

How does it help them make more money?

More packs are bought by the veterans than any other group of players. Why that's because they need the massive lots of cards as trade value.

Card prices are set by their strengths too. Yes some people keep massive amounts of cards to drive up prices. But that doesn't mean a Dregn should cost as much as a Kobalth. Also I personally feel that the better Rares are less liekly to be obtained from packs by UR keeping track of how many are out. It is like any card game. There are Rares that are mass produced because they are low end and there are other rares that are harder to get because less are released. And if rich players controlling that is your reason then that means they were the one who bought all the packs to begin with to keep that price that way. It's not like they went and bought up all the cheap ones.
There is a reason why one if better than the other, and thusly worth more. You make mention that Numar is over priced? How do you figure that? He is an ELO staple for the clan.

I personally feel that this deflation is only going to lead to a bigger gap with CRs being the reason.
4/62
DeepEnd - Imperator - Limit Break English
Friday 12/04/2013, 20:18

The trouble of balancing the market is that inflation works for the big investors. The money you give to new players is actually money you give to investors. The more money you give to new players the more it benefits the investors.

This is because they hold major porpotion of total value in UR and they fiddle cards the way that transfers value from normal people to investors, atleast when investors do it properly.

If you create supply then investors ditch their cards. When they ditch their cards card value goes down, but investors get huge chunck of money in the process. Because cards are dirt-cheap and they get cheaper they get undervalued, severely undervalued -> at that point that huge chunk of money can buy again all the supply and prices rise - again serving the benefit of investors.

This effectively creates pump - each cycle of the pump pushes money to investors. Sell when relative high, buy when relative low. Rinse, repeat. This pump cannot be broken by changing supply nor by changing amount of clintz. They are all just relative, and the relative "hugeness" serves always investors. To "get rid of us" only thing that works is to destroy the market itself.

How to deal with this?

Simple. Greatest boon to big investors are other investors. Let us tear each other apart, because when we are not fighting the environmental changes (of supply/inflation) we are fighting each other.
5/62
UR_Genie - Hero English
Friday 12/04/2013, 20:36

I agree with you deep end but I have a big problem when I see lvl 15 players running around with top tier Vortex decks that I wasnt able to afford in game till lvl 40+

Because of these packs giving away the rares it makes the game unfair to those who have played a long time. I have played on an off for almost 5 years now. I only just hit 100% collection now I see people running around with cards that I only just recently could afford or I had to do lots of sales to build up money over time to buy outright.

I didn't mind it when it was one or 2 players that got lucky in the shop so they could have the cards but now its not luck its damn near a guarantee. And that ruins the striving to make money in the game.
6/62
Friday 12/04/2013, 22:19

Those level 15's are most likely friends invited by high level players, they get the goodies delivered to them instantly. One of the quickest way up the ladders is simply to have social standing...
7/62
RitzMalheur - Imperator - Harbingers of Ares English
Saturday 13/04/2013, 00:54

Lowering the prices is a good thing. It helps almost all players, short of those who have all or almost-all of the cards, to decrease the difficulty curve without making it easy. If you've saved up 41k for that Kolos it wouldn't have been much of a stretch to save for a little longer and get 45k.

This only hurts players who're hoarding for more clintz and the slightly unlucky players whose cards are devalued a little bit, but UR is already really good about keeping power creep from destroying cards' worth. Isn't it enough to be happy that more people can get the useful cards and improve?
8/62
mahawirasd - Titan - Immortality English
Saturday 13/04/2013, 02:43

+1 to most of the ideas above

as an old casual player, i reckon the packs now gives better rewards for ppl who play the game
the re-balancing of the market equilibrium prices is also a good thing because it probably means more trade is happening and hopefully this means even less inflation

all in all it's a good thing
9/62
UR_Genie - Hero English
Saturday 13/04/2013, 02:53

I still don't see it. With all the rares dropping in price it worries me. I mean in 3 days my entire collection lost 500k in value of my cards. I guess we will see.

Deep End I have a feeling it wasn't just friends that had the cards given to them seeing as how they were still running other random cards that weren't as good and going to their page I could see they had random amounts of cards. But can't be 100% sure.

I'm still worried that marketing will be damn near impossible because with such an influx of the cards people were looking for it makes it hard to buy and sell for a profit now which was a major money maker and the reason my collection was worth over 4mil. (now down to 3.5mil)
10/62
Saturday 13/04/2013, 03:50

"I'm still worried that marketing will be damn near impossible"

Think more. Any system that destroys market totally destroys also cash-flow to UR.

UR needs cards to be expensive enough. Thats why they wont destroy the market. They will just try to balance it. Currently UR is just countering the high prices at soft manner. Yes, it will affect card prices and make some huge investment schemes fail (those schemes were to be fail anyway, this will just make the fall quicker.). But this logic is obivious, so why make such investments in the first place when it contradicts the interestes of UR staff?

Its so painfully obivious: Balancing attempts go for middle road. They control the price via supply not for the benefit of investors, but for the benefit of average players -but its damn sure they wont kill the cow that milks them money either.

If you are smart you end up having more than you had when this process is finished. Those who know the future can use it to their advantage.

« Previous1234567Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals