Remind me why...

Remind me why...
Tuesday 16/04/2013, 17:39
Tansur - Guru English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
20 messages
Remind me why...
Tansur - Guru - The TrendEnglish - Tuesday 16/04/2013, 17:39

Hey, I was just thumbing through my Piranas collection and was staring at Ulrich. Then i fought a battle against a person playing Nightmare. Remind me again why the only dr in Piranas is perma banned, while Nightmare has three unbanned dr? Sure not many people would use two of them in ELO, but they still exist as options. I'm not bitching, I'm just curious, as it occurs to me I never really knew the original argument.
« Previous12Next »

2/20
0 Jamox - Titan - Open Casket English
Tuesday 16/04/2013, 17:42

Its Crazy
Piranas need a new one
3/20
hashburki - Imperator - REIGN OF THE SUPREMES English
Tuesday 16/04/2013, 22:04

Staff announcement : "Ulrich was a pillar of mono Piranas, and was much more difficult to counter than Uranus because the Jungo, Berzerk,Roots, GHEIST and to some measure FPC and LaJunta were powerless against him." - Orpheus

Here's the original post.
http://www.urban-rivals.com/community/forum/?mode=viewsubject&subject_page=2&id_subject=1998666

I personally don't agree with the Ulrich ban. Also the 99% of the people who have commented in this post don't agree with Ulrich's ban either.

I also find it extremely bizarre that since 28th Nov 2011 and uptill now the UR staff has not managed to release a replacement for Ulrich. LOL
4/20
Vinyl-Scratch - Titan - D-Versified English
Tuesday 16/04/2013, 22:50

People are too ban happy. So many cards that shouldn't be banned are banned.
5/20
Thoazol - Legend - Wise Men Distracted English
Tuesday 16/04/2013, 23:00

Because it's easier to ban the cards you can't beat than to experiment and find something that does.
6/20
-Rapture- - Imperator English
Tuesday 16/04/2013, 23:11

Which ones exactly? 'cuz the less OP ones would still be too strong if they were reunited with their clanmates. Robb Cr, Muze, Dolly, Arkn, Elvira, Lea, Arno, Lou and Ulrich come to mind.

Having said that it is getting a bit silly that Ulrich still hasn't been replaced. All the above have been replaced(hell Robb Cr got replaced before he was banned, which resulted in a world dominated by darts and yoyos *shudder*) except him. Surely there is a way to incorporate a Piranhas DR/Defeat: Life without making it OP while still keeping it useful.
7/20
RitzMalheur - Guru - Harbingers of Ares English
Wednesday 17/04/2013, 02:19

What's the right way then? Where is the balance between too good and overnerfed? Why do people want DR so badly in Pirana that they'd rather have it instead of any other new card?

I've been lead to believe that the strength of Pirana is pill manipulation mixed with 'balancing the board' through SOB. With SOB there's almost no realistic 1HKO to the Pirana. Using cards like Sting and Taljion to sap pillz, or even old-fashioned mindgames with the -opp pillz cards, Pirana tactics try to get the mathematical advantage by the last two rounds. So it can't sling hard-and-fast hits back and forth like La Junta or All Stars; who cares? You wouldn't use a chisel to pound nails in, you shouldn't rely on Piranas to 2HKO consistently.
8/20
ghelas - Titan - The Trend English
Wednesday 17/04/2013, 02:26

I've made this argument in a lot of places before, but here is, simplified...

Ulrich has SoB.
Against a +damage clan he can in theory DR 6 damage, when you figure in the 2 that is blocked from bonus.
So you have a DR that is good for up to 6 damage, and has 5/5 SoB stats, making him a viable pinch-hitter.

Even Uranus, who is a legendary symbol of unbalanced DR, can't take 6 damage away from a card.
9/20
TGAP-Trixie - Senior English
Wednesday 17/04/2013, 02:57

But she can DR to one instead of 2. Something to look out for
If you wanna incorporate a DR for Piranas, then it'd need to have terrible stats. I mean strictly worse than Arno. Or Arno stats on a 3* and give it the same ability as Arno. And if that's still too threatening, give it 1 damage
10/20
RitzMalheur - Guru - Harbingers of Ares English
Wednesday 17/04/2013, 03:08

Saying Ulrich has a DR of 6 is saying that every Pirana has a natural DR of 2, so it's not really the same at all. He has -4 min 2, but with 3 stars and 5/5 he's just a little too strong (according to the majority of ELO voters). There isn't really a fun balance in it for Pirana, considering that players who use FPC and Berzerk and La Junta will all feel that 2 damage loss and object even harder to a DR. It would have to be practically unusable to sneak by, or a 5* with few other uses.

« Previous12Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals