Skeelz, getting left behind?

Sunday 28/04/2013, 16:16
Ethan kun - Veteran English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
29 messages
Ethan kun - Veteran - DL's KnightsEnglish - Sunday 28/04/2013, 16:16

Hi guys, this is my 2nd subject about Skeelz..
Well, are they really getting left behind? Maybe it's just me though, I never go past 1300 ELO using Skeelz, the best ELO rrcord that I made was 1352, and the clan that I used is Roots. But Roots wasn't fun for me to play, that's why I decided changing clans, and i got myself into using Skeelz. Skeelz was the clan I enjoyed the most because of their unique abilities. But when I already played ELO using Skeelz, i'm having a hard time on most power manip clans (not most of the time though and not with Frozn), Montana (Avola, who has high dmg, Spiaghi, who helps Avola along the way, Moses, who goes, and Uppers,
« Previous123Next »

2/29
Ethan kun - Veteran - DL's Knights English
Sunday 28/04/2013, 16:29

Oops, accidentally pressed the post button. I shall continue here,

Moses, who goes through DR, and Oscar, also having difficulties against Uppers, raw power, high damage, pow and atk manips. And Skeelz keep getting cards that suck like jessica's release, wilhem's, milton's, todd's, and Michael are examples. Michael wasn't really bad, but michael's ability could have actually been better if it was plain power +3 instead of courage based, UR could have, as skeelz's bonus doesn't help them win battles. I hope they would release good cards to Skeelz from now on, put them on par with the montanas and Uppers.
3/29
Sunday 28/04/2013, 16:33

By unique abilities I mean, they benefit from each other. Revenge, confidence
4/29
LoA USA - Hero English
Sunday 28/04/2013, 16:48

I agree, they struggle vs. attack manipulation. I think they are quite situational in Elo now, I whip out this deck http://www.urban-rivals.com/presets/?id_preset=2578755 only when GHEIST/Roots/Piranas/Nightmare are prevelant, cause that deck does pretty well against them. Other than that, I just don't use Skeelz.
5/29
Sunday 28/04/2013, 17:11

They should also give Skeelz a card that has 2 abilities, like protection: pow and dmg and so on, and another good 2* and start killing old characters, like an 8/3 2* SoA that would erase liam's usefulness, and so on. :3
6/29
Gryazzie - Titan English
Sunday 28/04/2013, 17:23

I think the problem with Skeelz is that they don't really benefit much from their bonus as a team.

NONE STATS CHANGING BONUSES
Nightmare Piranas = SoB. good all around.
GHEIST Roots = SoA, also good, except against STOP: cards. NEUTRAL TOWARDS Skeelz as no stats were changed.
Freaks = lowers opponent's hp periodically
Jungo = Inverted +2 damage.
Vortex = provides you more pills for your next round.

Skeelz
Pretty much lose out to all the clans.

Neutral towards SoA and SoB clans.
Practically unplayable when against all stops. WHY?
Most of the Skeelz usefulness comes from high power and some pretty sick abilities.
Problem is, once faced against an all stop, they may still retain their high power ( 7-8 ) but in contrast, they do some really bad damage. ( 1 - 3 ).
The only cards which are still a threat when faced with allstops ( That has high power ) are
Carter Michael Eloxia Tomas
I don't know if you realized it but all of them are 4* - 5*
Most all stops have higher power than Caelus Cr anyways so meh.

Oh man I would gladly love all these 1-3dmg cards slide through me.
except Cley, but power of 5? meh.
7/29
Thoazol - Legend - Wise Men Distracted English
Sunday 28/04/2013, 17:42

...8/3 Soa. At 2*. Are you £$¤&ʒ'ing kidding us? There's nothing stopping people from splashing that to every deck that isn't support-reliant. It pretty much would need to be Mono: Stop opp ability.; and possibly lower stats too. 8/2 sounds nice.
8/29
WMDuessel - Imperator - Wise Men Distracted English
Sunday 28/04/2013, 18:16

Uh, I disagree. Skeelz are easily at least a top 15 option in ELO. That may not seem like much, but they're far above the Berzerk bottom-feeders.

Having a bonus that doesn't directly affect combat doesn't mean it is "weak" or neutral to some clans. Saying Protection:Ability is neutral to SoA is about the funniest thing I've heard all week. So you're saying SoB is neutral to every clan? "No stats were changed" =/= neutral. Let me show you how some SoA cards match up against their "neutral" counterparts in Skeelz.

Qubik - Dr Falkenstein.
Randal - Chiara Cr
Cliff - Tomas
This is neutral, right?

Skeelz bonus is the weakest in the game, I will not argue against that. However, because of this weakness, these cards are inherently stronger ability-wise and stat-wise. Examples? Chiara and Tyd, Nanook and Noodile Cr. Oscar and Sandro. Greem and Azel. Willy and Michael. Snowflake and Eggman, Cherry. Sasha and Ace. I'm just sprouting outmexamples here and I could go on all day long.

Your argument about Skeelz losing to all-stops... seriously the funniest thing I've heard all week. Yes funnier than SoA being neutral to Protection: Ability. Let's look at the most commonly used all-stops: Leviatonn, Glorg, and Baba. Now unless you're playing Shakra through some magic trick, these cards lose to Skeelz, easily. 1-3 damage? Give me one Skeelz card that does 1 damage. Give me a non-2* that doesn't do 4 damage or higher. Those same 2* also beat your precious all stop pill for pill.
9/29
WMDuessel - Imperator - Wise Men Distracted English
Sunday 28/04/2013, 18:25

Praxie is probably the only soft one against all-stops, but it still beats the all stops easily with same or less pillz. Now that I think about it, every single card in a normal ELO Skeelz deck is completely safe against all-stops. I would take an 8/4 or 7/4 (standard stats for 3* Skeelz) over Levi's 6/5 any day. Your argument about having low damage, I'm laughing. I assume Lehane and Gil are bad cause, you know, if they beat my all stop they only do two damage. You can't say that because all-stops neutralize the damage of cards makes them any less effective.

You old Leviatonn, I old Sasha. I'll win, and you'll probably be laughing (because, lol, I only did a wittle 2 damage!) But at 14-12 and at the same number of Pillz, and your 5 damage nuke gone, I wonder who's truly winning.
10/29
Sunday 28/04/2013, 18:31

@Gryazzie

At first you said they go neutral against SoA and Sob clans, and then you said that they have high power and "pretty sick" abilities. Wouldn't that make the one statement negative and the other positive? When you were pointing out to me that Skeelz is a bad clan? And you might be underestimating Skeelz, 1-3? More like 2-6. What u actually did not know, is that some Skeelz characters aren't actually crippled by all-stops, like Andy Ld and Plunk. 4 damage is what you'd expect from a 3 star anyway. I was laughing at "The cards that are still a threat when encountering all stops are Carter, Michael, Eloxia, Tomas, I don't know if you realized it but they are 4*-5*" I don't know if you realized, aren't 4* and 5* normally in decks? Isn't Glorg a 4* as well?

« Previous123Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals