Favourite overlooked cards

Wednesday 25/09/2013, 14:43
Kefalo - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
99 messages
Kefalo - Legend - the shockwavesEnglish - Wednesday 25/09/2013, 14:43

So, since the big ELO discussion brought up the fact that way too many cards in the game never see play because nothing quite measures up to the staples, I'd love to have an "underused card appreciation thread". There are cards out there that you just put into your deck for missions or whatever reason and they won you more matches than any staple and have a special place in your heart.

For me there's a number of them:

1) Baby Q, 4* 6/6 SoB with -2/min 1 DR. You will aways, and I mean always see Ditha, Malicia or even the very underused 7 powered 4* girls and simply not put Baby Q into your deck.

What are you missing on? 6 damage for one pill, or someboy overpilling on a Sob Dr. LOL. Also, likely no Freaks poison, lol.

2) Cheep - 8/2 +2 life bonus, stop: -3 dam/ min 1. Well, stop cards are vanilla cards most of the time, and this guy is bonus dependent to boot.

What are you missing on? A bloody annoying 8/4 wall which makes SoA pointless because what SoA means most of the time is no DR. He makes people play stupid - heck, you can actually pill against their SoA and win for ALL damage reduced, making a 4 gap and turning your hand into a 3 rond win one.

Gork - 7/8 SoA bonus with poison self for 2 min/4. XU52 has att manip, Mechakolos is a 1 hit KO. Otherwise people just don't use him enough.

What are you missin out on? Pretty much a bloody honey badger who doesn't give a f**k. Unconditiona 7/8 with SoA? Otherwise he kicks ass.
« Previous12345678910Next »

2/99
0 the oracle - Imperator - Open Casket English
Wednesday 25/09/2013, 14:52

Baby Q: 6/6 SoB is pretty weak, and no one likes to waste their 4* slot when stuff like Malicia, Diana exists. Lucy is there if you need SoB. Used to be good, not anymore.

Cheep: 8/4 is not a wall, not with no assistance. stop: cards are meant to beat opponent cards, not just another card to waste away. If he was 2*s, might have seen play. Jungo has wayy better options, cheep's base stats are just too terrible.

Gork: Well you said it, theres so much competition in GHEIST, I don't see the point in using this card. XU52 is better in most cases, Mechakolos..., Ksendra is about as good with an ability that actually does something, Wardom is a potential 8/8.

post in elo btw?
3/99
Kefalo - Legend - the shockwaves English
Wednesday 25/09/2013, 14:54

Kawamashi Cr - effectively has SoB against Uppers, Junkz and Sakhrom and does 5 damage.

Lola Noel - Is also a much better card than given credit for.

Swidz Cr - Much better than you'd expect allthough worse than can be immagined when looking at him.

Baldovino - I don't see him around as much as he deserves.

Bill - For some reason I've never won against guys who plays this. Never sure why.

Sferiq - was also a pleasant surprise every time I ran her.

Darth/Astrid - Also get way less play than they deserve.

Bblgm - Is really, really good.

Vince - is one of the few "huge life gap" guys who I've had luck and sucess with.

Dudley Ld - is probably the only Nightmare 4* I never regret trying out.

Frozn - in general. There's really good stuff in there.
4/99
Wednesday 25/09/2013, 14:55

Well, I ment more as a general topic, rather than a competitive one - sure there's arguments against all these cards but they always sort of end up working for me even though my mind would always find reasons not to run them
5/99
Space Churros - Imperator - WAR ACADEMY English
Wednesday 25/09/2013, 15:15

I like the Dudley Ld + Ozzy + Bill combo lose with Dudley, win at all cost with Ozzy w/ Furry and then lose with Bill but that just with a 12 life format.. but still I love using it.. plus Cutey usually get underestimated by some people.. but she has save my hide from a lot of battles... Dieter is also Overlooked cause of Glorg but I can see why..
6/99
Wednesday 25/09/2013, 15:21

Well, as far as a defensive Stopp:all guy goes Dieter isn't bad. Funny thing is, and maybe I'm wrong about it somehow, but I'm always more inclined to go for Deiter then Glorg, because Glorg is a 6/6 4*, while Deiter is a 6/3 3* star - if you'regoing to dump him in most cases to stop something I always go for saving a star.

Then again I'm just not good at figuring out what exactly to do with Glorg.
7/99
Spikey 13 - Guru - lonely fighters English
Wednesday 25/09/2013, 19:44

Talking of Nightmare cards, Timmy is for me a vastly underrated 3*: 8 life gap potential if you win in the 1st round, which isn't hard as people never expect you to pill him. ONLY FLAWS are his min of 4 and SOA vulnerability, but Nightmare Bonus helps with that... I've mentioned this time and again but I've just had more success with Timmy than Edwin... Works well with Pan
8/99
Thursday 26/09/2013, 17:14

Speaking of Edwin, Nightmare works better with bluffs than pill advantage guys. Edwins a bit of an overrated card (or people are grinding missions I can't tell). He's not bad, but there's deffinitely better options, especially since you don't really want him and Oshitsune both.

Speaking of Glorg - I think I've figured him out, he's a lot like Baby Q

And the card I'm curently having fun with in ELO is Flo, of all things. She's sort of hilarious against all the Rescue and Nightmare, and, has been a pleasant surprise against Hurracan.
9/99
Thursday 26/09/2013, 18:18

Oh, and Flo seems to really make Nellie look bad as well as being the perfect thing to push under enterprising Freaks. Sure she has glaring problems, but I deffinitely have to keep her on my "stuff people have never played against and thus can't account for properly" list
10/99
misterjones - Titan - Limit Break English
Thursday 26/09/2013, 18:31

My picks:

Cortez-- often overlooked because of backlash, he can still ruin your day by threatening a KO with virtually everyone else in his clan.

Neloe-- her DR is usually less effective than C Wing's, but she's better at guarding against fury (especially LPD types like Cutey or Jautya) and 7 power is better suited to deliver an unexpected hit. Works better than Cyb Lhia with a KO-oriented clan combo, like GHEIST or FPC.

Eugene-- the good players know about him, but for a card that's basically a mini Wee Lee, he doesn't get enough love.

Lothar-- shaky as hell, but great damage and pill forcing on a 2* make him tricky against clans with little or no attack manip, and occasionally win him a spot over Krash in Rescue lineups.

Zornado-- Strong in t2 but overshadowed by Ongh in ELO, I've actually taken a deck with Zornado in it well past 1400. -5 opp. damage min. 2 is the third-best DR in the game, even if it is on a 5*.

« Previous12345678910Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals