What's up with nerfing Huracans?

Wednesday 02/10/2013, 09:13
whatsanickname - Senior English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
13 messages
whatsanickname - Senior English - Wednesday 02/10/2013, 09:13

Okay i've been getting kinda pissed about this whole "make sure almost every 5 star Huracan can't be put in a deck for elo crap." Seriously i know many other cards that shouldn't be aloud if that's the case. I don't think it's fair at all to disable like almost half of the Huracan cards. Like the difference between disabling a few cards that are reasonable to disable and disabling almost all the 5 stars and some 4 stars is you have now quite literally eliminated anyone from using them. You can't build a proper deck with 2 stars and 3 stars unless you are going to only use them as your secondary. At lease make more of them so everyone can just jump on the band wagon and drop them out every week. Something needs to be done, i hardly even use them but still think we shouldn't just go around eliminating a whole clan from elo. Please staff do something about this.

Thank you
« Previous12Next »

2/13
JO3SHMO - Imperator - aussie crusaders English
Wednesday 02/10/2013, 09:32

Even when/if Noctezuma's ability gets fixed, he'll still be OP and worthy of his ban.

As for the others, they're banned because the players made it so. El Gascaro is brilliant, Kinichaw hits very hard with great ability/bonus synergy, and El Divino (whilst arguably not OP) has a monstrous attack barrier in the early game. I think they're perfectly reasonable bans.

El Matador, Magistrado Ld and Wonder Lana are all reasonable choices, and coupled with the strong duo of Zapatino and Derby Queen (who offer a lot of bang for your Buck) the Huracan are still perfectly playable in half decks.

With their full lineup (like we experienced not too long ago), Huracan were deemed by players as being too good... they seemed to be everywhere in ELO. Some of their most imposing cards have been singled out, and they have been brought back to a balanced level.
3/13
Kefalo - Titan - Casual Grind English
Wednesday 02/10/2013, 10:49

You could argue that the simmilar thing happened to the Rescue - once upon a time you could say pretty much the same for Marco Cr and Alec Cr. You'd be hard pressed to find someone who wouldn't agree that those guys were quite a bit too good.

El Gascaro, Kinichaw and Noctezuma pretty much deserve their bans - and have alternatives who are by no means lightweights.

Lumber Jack is awesome, and La Cobra is perfectly fine for a strong (not average, strong) card. And the Hurracan have very, very powerfull low star cards - Zapatino, Derby Queen, El Zombino, Magistrado Ld, Wonder Lana, El Cactus are all good and if you're playing Huracan in a split deck with the first four, every time you draw the 2/2 hand you can take advantage of the bigass bonus and not have to worry about losing it for the last 2 rounds which is arguably better than being able to mess it up with 4 Hurracan in hand.

And more will come out. So it's kind of ok.
4/13
UM_AaaBattery - Moderator - URBAN MADNESS English
Wednesday 02/10/2013, 11:02

The only staff banned hurricane is Noctezuma. The rest are player bans which the staff don't controll.
5/13
HoAzeem - Imperator - Harbingers of Ares English
Wednesday 02/10/2013, 19:19

I completely agree with Kefalo, people are nerfing Huracans for a reason...
Prices of fuel doesn't go up for no reason, there's always a root cause and you just have to acknowledge that. Sure you may have been able to abuse Huracan and get a decent score, but others players hated them completely.
What players want players get, and players are banning the OP cards, yes it is all of the OP 5 stars. This is with good reason as their the only threats, La Cobra is pretty beast, I don't see why she doesn't get as much use.
6/13
_Guedes_ - Master Português
Wednesday 02/10/2013, 22:37

Dude, just look to Roots... 7 staff ban cards. Your whining doesn't make any sense.

Huracan is perfectly playable as half deck as it is now.

If you want to complain about crippled clans in elo because of the bans, complain about Roots.
7/13
412rayray - Titan - D-Versified English
Thursday 03/10/2013, 16:40

I've been using Huracan as a half deck n haven't needed any of the banned cards to win. Maybe with the banned cards u can't run a mono-deck (I dunno, haven't tried), but who cares Huracan is a great half deck with just about any other clan because the bonus n overall dmg of the cards work so well in the elo format.
8/13
412rayray - Titan - D-Versified English
Thursday 03/10/2013, 17:06

Am currently running a Huracan/ulu deck n it's straight nasty. Mercurio, Lana, pollo, magistrado/Eddie, Dave, Numar, Eugene. I have no need of a 5* Huracan
9/13
Kefalo - Titan - Casual Grind English
Thursday 03/10/2013, 22:55

Incidentaly, how's pollo working out for you? I've got him pegged as "underestimated card material".
10/13
Kungfu Sock - Senior - Open Casket English
Friday 04/10/2013, 00:06

Without bans they are just too over powered. However I agree you cant really make a good playable deck with whats left.

They have gone from overplayed to never played but it wont last. Sooner or later UR will release more and more Hurrican cards. Hopefully they wont be overpowered and eventually they will be balanced and playable again. I'm sorry if your a Hurrican only fan, but just play something else for now.

« Previous12Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals