HD resolution of your characters
Tuesday 21/12/2010, 16:02
Goralion - Admin English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
50 messages
HD resolution of your characters
Goralion - Admin - E X C A L I B U REnglish - Tuesday 21/12/2010, 16:02

Hello everybody,

After receiving some remarks about the graphic evolution of Vickie Cr, we wanted to explain you the reasons which led us to this modification.
Until a few months, most of the characters created were not processed for a high definition adaptation and notably the very first characters like our dear Vickie Cr.
But with the technical advance of different devices like the Iphone, the Ipod Touch or the Ipad, and for a better rendering ; to our great regret, we had to rework some of our oldest creations.
Indeed, older characters were created with a very limited resolution, and unfortunately it became impossible for us to easily work with those pictures.
Even if we weren't really for a modification, the different evolutions we plan on Urban Rivals force our hand.
Admittedly, some visuals will be slightly affected (it's the case for our Vickie Cr), but the obtained results are very convincing and do not denature your characters even so.

Thank you for your understanding.
« Previous12345Next »

2/50
Vinyl-Scratch - Legend - D-Versified English
Tuesday 21/12/2010, 16:05

I would say cool but I don't think ruining vickie is.
3/50
Grapple X - Legend - The Infinite Shoeblack English
Tuesday 21/12/2010, 16:22

Is the plan to roll out the changes to all of the cards, then?
4/50
-FuRiAx- - Guru - URBAN MADNESS English
Tuesday 21/12/2010, 16:33

Oh
5/50
Goralion - Admin - E X C A L I B U R English
Tuesday 21/12/2010, 16:38

Only some cards will be reworked, mostly the oldest ones.
6/50
Zincomega - Titan English
Tuesday 21/12/2010, 17:25

I say, bring on the change
7/50
Lord Achilles - Titan - Y So Serious? English
Tuesday 21/12/2010, 17:34

I like it! Good work UR!
8/50
Pilluminati - Legend - URBAN MADNESS English
Tuesday 21/12/2010, 18:01

All vickie needed was some digital enhancing like they do with old shows,to make them look fresher.Now im not going to throw a fit and say her art sucks for the sake of it,but yes i agree some old cards need a bit of touching up.It's just that the artwork doesnt match Vickie Cr as a personality.Vickie for themost part is a serious card.As her profile will tell you,she's a smart,beautiful,succesful,killer.And the old artwork convinced you,because it looked legit.She looked like someone you wouldnt want to me in a dark alleyway.But
9/50
Pilluminati - Legend - URBAN MADNESS English
Tuesday 21/12/2010, 18:10

....continued from post one.

Now she looks like a spoof of herself.A farce of what she once was.She's now bloated,aged,and unrealistic.She's too cartoony.She looks like an abstract painting.Yes,it works great on other cards,probably because they arent so serious .Guru would probably benefit from a touching up because his character is just so goofy that you could probably almost get away with him looking so weird because,well hes the Leader of a clan from space,and really what's weirder than that?It just does not work with Vickie Cr for that reason.Although i wish you guys had waited a bit and put up an opinion topic asking which cards looked like they needed the most fixing,and by opinion,the top priority cards would get fixed and so on and so forth.But at the end of it all,to sum it up,you guys had your heart in the right place,but it's like you were painting with your feet instead of your head.
10/50
kazjun - Titan - aussie crusaders English
Tuesday 21/12/2010, 18:39

So apart from upping the res, any chance of changing art work as well? Brandon for example? Cause some of the really old cards are a bit plain.

« Previous12345Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals