Scott Ld

Scott Ld
Sunday 30/01/2011, 15:49
HotShot888 - Guru English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
11 messages
Scott Ld
HotShot888 - Guru English - Sunday 30/01/2011, 15:49

Hello. As I have noticed, many people seem to dislike Scott Ld and say he's not worth having the Ld status (not to mention that players have no right to tell what is legendary and what isn't)

I would say this in Scott's comments, but I'm sure the angry crowd would just rate it down until it's gone.

Of course he may not be the greatest as an individual card. But he's in Rescue. SoA and/or SoB usually smack Rescue badly. Scott Ld is stable. How difficult is it to win with Ghoub and Glosh when facing a SoB? What's the point of winning with Suzie against SoA?

One other things to mention.. He is a DR. 2 min 2 isn't really that bad. Could be better but.. Wait a second.. There are 2 other DRs in the clan? And all 3 together reduce opponent damage by 7? Of course you won't always get all 3 in hand, but Rescue DRs are a serious threat. Basically, you have to go through 17-19 attack to avoid getting 3-4 damage, and yet you get your damage reduced. And what if someone adds a couple of pillz to the DRs? Their damage is pretty high. Maybe not for Scott, but his power makes up for it. And if you do get 2 or more DRs in your hand, you can play a few mind tricks on your opponent, especially since you have quite an overpowered bonus.

So please.. Stop calling him useless. Rough stats aren't the best, that's a fact, but combined with his ability and bonus, Scott is quite a good, defensive card which can disrupt enemy strategy.
« Previous12Next »

2/11
Tanto89 - Titan - X. LycurguS .X English
Sunday 30/01/2011, 18:36

Your argument looks OK
but you forgot many things
we said Scott Ld is rubbish because he is a four stars card
a four stars card should have ability, either a big wall, or can turn the tide of the battle

Scott Ld is in the middle, not really a wall
as +12 attack, any card in Rescue can become a wall

Scott Ld also do not have ability or damage to support his 7 power

his dr is sucks, it is -2 min 2 right? I would go for slyde which has higher reducing ability, 1 star less even though 2 power less because if you want to get from DR is to reduce your opp card which means lose.
I don't need high power card to reduce opp damage unless they have decent damage too (like Wee Lee)

this card cannot be used to attack, even if you attack and pass through, what do you get?
4 damage for a level 4 card? it is barely good enough
Gibson is a pretty big wall, same as Burdock, that is why people use them
damage reducer for high level card is only a bonus, what we need is their raw stats (power and damage)

also, 7/4 is a level 3 stats, what? this level 4 card is on par with level 3 card like jane ramba, Yookie and only 1 damage more from Ottavia because he has Rescue bonus?

and also, there are Kerry, Glosh, and Suzie
Kerry, the good wall with SOB and 6 damage
Glosh anti SOA
Suzie: potential 6 life gap

I would take the other 3 than Scott Ld, sorry
3/11
swagmaster420 - Guru - TRiNiTY English
Sunday 30/01/2011, 19:02

Horrible, horrible Scott.
4/11
HotShot888 - Guru English
Sunday 30/01/2011, 22:54

I know many people prefer other 4* than Scott. It's a personal preference really, but I really hate how people whine about him in his comments. He is definitely not as horrible as people think. It's only due to competition.

While he indeed is a 4* card with low damage, but as you said, all Rescue are walls. And if there's SoB, Scott has much more to say than any other 4* cards.

If DRs are meant to lose, do you think Steve and Slyde would be still good if they had 1 damage? Look at it this way: both Bogdan and Splata are good cards. But if you get both, they suddenly become stronger. 2 8 powered SoA cards? Similarly here, Scott's DR ability works well with other DRs.

His stats are kinda weak, but he gets that +12 attack. Can't argue that the damage is too low though. Imagine giving him a damage of 5 though. Kinda overpowered, no?
5/11
Neon-chan - Imperator Deutsch
Sunday 30/01/2011, 23:45

Imho legandary has nothing to do with beeing a good card at all..It's just a collectors thing
6/11
Fanta Pants - Guru - aussie crusaders English
Monday 31/01/2011, 00:32

Given they Hype of Scott he is awefull

I wouldn't use him in any deck what si your incentive to win with him i'd use and extra pill on Glosh thanks

We expected something awesome

We got the worst LD imo to date

and 5 damge isn't over powered then i would play him
7/11
owButtacup Ld - Veteran - ONE WORLD English
Monday 31/01/2011, 01:29

Lol imma start usin mono Rescue becuz of the dr's now
8/11
The_1013 - Senior English
Monday 31/01/2011, 01:56

I dislike him as he is an Ottavia with 1 more damage and 1 more star.
9/11
kready12 - Master - R-E-K-T-A English
Sunday 07/10/2012, 12:32

Hi! I don't know if this is the appropriate venue for this but I'm really new at this. I've been doing the missions to get this card but now I kinda stuck and I need some help. I'm doing the mission#4 and been doing survivor mode and still I'm haven't got any progress from it. Help?
10/11
Thoazol - Legend - Wise Men Distracted English
Sunday 07/10/2012, 15:24

@kready12
Cards with -x opp. life, min y as ability or bonus, eg. Oxen, Glenn, Moses, Ficcanaso, Donnie or entire Berzerk clan.

« Previous12Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals