I need help in ELO

I need help in ELO
Tuesday 06/11/2012, 19:23
killerferd - Veteran English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
5 messages
I need help in ELO
killerferd - Veteran English - Tuesday 06/11/2012, 19:23

Is it me or when you start playing ELO it's a whole different world? I feel like I just started playing a new game. With all these new rules I find myself struggling trying to make a good deck, selling cards and buying cards and then I try again and it never seems to work. the 25* count doesn't really bother me since I always use 25* in extended, but not being able to use some of the good cards like copper, Jackie Cr, Hawk, GraksmxxT... I find myself losing every single game because my opponents always draw some magic combinations and it seems the 14 health thing makes it even harder. Here is my current deck so you can help me, I suck at ELO and please give me some suggestions I am currently playing Frozn and Vortex but I also play Sentinel, Uppers, Skeelz and Sakrohm.

2/5
ghelas - Titan - The Trend English
Wednesday 07/11/2012, 01:44

Because the OP cards are generally banned out of ELO, the best approach is to try to build a deck that has a lot of strong/well-rounded cards in it. A good ELO deck isn't automatically destroyed by a single gimmick. If you die to SoA, SoB, heavy DR, or heavy attack manip, you need more well-rounded cards in your deck.

If you are just starting out, take a look at the cards that are frequently temp-banned in ELO. These are the strongest and most well-rounded cards, so including them might help your game a bit. Try to play a dual-clan deck so that you can have all of your bases covered. If you are running a Jungo half with Askai, make your other half a clan that does well against SoB, who rob Jungo of their precious +life. If you are running a Bangers half with Beeboy, balance it with a half-deck that has some strong threats, because Bangers' 4-damage 3*s aren't going to win any games by themselves.

Once you get good, you can look for less obvious combinations. Vortex and GHEIST back each other up well, since a Vortex loss may enable a heavy-hitting GHEIST to get through for big damage. All-Stars and Roots is an extremely well-rounded combination that many strong players have had success with, because it is adaptable to a large variety of situations. There is no limit to the amount of different synergies you can discover, and you will eventually learn which of those will work well in whatever metagame is created by the unbanned cards for that week.

Good luck, and have fun!
3/5
subclavianHoA - Imperator - Harbingers of Ares English
Wednesday 07/11/2012, 02:36

One word: mono Sentinel (okay, two words)

It's a deck guaranteed to work.
4/5
ghelas - Titan - The Trend English
Wednesday 07/11/2012, 03:34

Subclavian speaks the truth. Even with their best 2* banned, mono-Sent are still rock solid. They are one of the few clans I will even consider playing mono.
5/5
killerferd - Veteran English
Wednesday 07/11/2012, 05:53

I'm not that excited on using the Sentinel clan again... I just finished the win 500 battles with them and I am bored of playing them

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals