Start date - Sunday 08/10/06
Pros (of the current ELO?)-
1) Yes, more cards + more clans = more variety.
2) Cheap decks are also ELO
was a high-class society with only those with high-end cards like Jackie Cr
, Graks etc making decent top scores. As well as banning the use of filler/undeveloped cards such as Charlie
@ 4* or Wanda
@ 1* etc
3) The metagame shifts regularly as compared to older days (but i guess the current elo
is getting stagnant with 3-4 clans being the obvious choices).
4) No random mode (I have doubts about this, I know normal matches were all set in random mode but was it also for ELO? Clarify this please)
5) Better ELO
bans + Format election (power to the public)
6) Much bigger fan base = better players = better input = better output
7) Quick battle mode, making cheating in ELO
1) Better-than-the-last-release mantra have driven most older cards/clans obsolete. for eg. the All Stars
, with all the power creep(?) the only viable "fixed" choices are Saki
, Robb Cr
(does anybody pick anything else? even Randy
gets no facetime these days). The same goes for the PCs with Clover
+ 1 random other card becoming the norm.
TLDR : While the no. of cards and clans have grown exponentially, the case still remains the same - players will pick from the obvious chosen lot of 5-6 from the 20+ other cards in the clan. Mono-decks are a different story.