Slowdown and problems with missions
Monday 13/09/2010, 16:52
Euzebe - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
11 messages
Slowdown and problems with missions
Euzebe - Legend English - Monday 13/09/2010, 16:52

Hello all,

We did an operation on the servers between 4 am and 11 am to solve the massive slowdowns problem. During this period of time we had to deactivate missions so you can keep playing.

Some more explanations about the problem :
The number of missions unlocked by players is permanently increasing. For some time now, when a certain number of players online is reached, the server doesn’t have enough room to keep all necessary data in memory. It had to keep on doing round trips to the hard disk (which is far slower than the memory). The result is that it was taking more and more time to give back missions and the other data were pending.

Corrections :
After a lot of optimizations, observations, false bright ideas, real bright ideas... we manage to isolate the problem and then find the appropriate solution.
Last night, we changed the data base structure so the missions requests go faster. We also reorganized the server to give more memory (double it) to the database so it can keep more data in memory.

We will also duplicate this server and split «the work» on several machines. We will optimize the data structure to avoid the slowdowns when there will be even more players than now.

We apologize for the inconvenience. Be sure we are doing our best to solve these problems as fast as we can. Unfortunately, some problem are more difficult and longer to solve than others.
« Previous12Next »

2/11
MABanator - Hero - Ramshackle Glory English
Monday 13/09/2010, 17:25

Thanks i wasnt sure if it was just my computer or not.
3/11
Frogs N Roses - Master - TRiNiTY English
Tuesday 14/09/2010, 01:11

Awww darn epresssed:
I thought you were adding more

Is it an unreasonable question to ask when more missions will be available?
4/11
TCG_Kris - Senior English
Tuesday 14/09/2010, 02:08

Well Froggy they recently added Deathmatch missions...
So I'm guessing that it can happen at pretty much any time they feel like we need more.
5/11
0 Pride - Imperator - URBAN MADNESS English
Tuesday 14/09/2010, 03:47

LIKE THIS
6/11
-Wicer- - Moderator - Harbingers of Ares English
Tuesday 14/09/2010, 04:13

Thank you for this amazing update kind UR staff members.

I'm sure we all though our computers were having problems until Fraggle informed that there was a problem.

Now we can rejoice on the new database until UR has 26k players on at the same time..

Anyhow thanks for the update, I'm sure all the players will enjoy UR even more now.
7/11
Zoid Berg - Master English
Tuesday 14/09/2010, 05:41

I was wondering what's going on the last few days.

Thank you for working on that, and keeping us updated, too!
8/11
Touhoshu - Novice - Ducksoup UR League English
Tuesday 14/09/2010, 06:20

And I was just about to make a thread on this... those rush hours always had me scared of getting a Time Out on my record.

Thanks, Staff.
9/11
Vrungel D - Imperator - Deus eX Machina ελληνικά
Tuesday 14/09/2010, 07:26

Thank you for fixing this!

If the problem is with the unfinished missions then I'll do my best to finish them
10/11
Skullwiel - Guru - URBAN MADNESS English
Tuesday 14/09/2010, 10:34

« Previous12Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals