So close >3
Wednesday 14/12/2011, 19:35
sboyle - Hero English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
11 messages
So close >3
sboyle - Hero English - Wednesday 14/12/2011, 19:35

I got 158th in the last tournament and got the usual 50 Clintz + 1 Credit

So, I thought I'd list my cards I'm using, and see from public opinion what went wrong:

Rescue Deck

Hax
Glosh
Bobby
Joana
Larry
Pam
Slyde
Steve

So is this a good deck for tourneys? If not, any suggestions? (P.S. I still need a few other Rescue cards, like Kerry, Alec, Pastor, Marco and Aurora, so don't bother with them. P.P.S I have Scott Ld, if that helps.)
« Previous12Next »

2/11
UM_AaaBattery - Moderator - URBAN MADNESS English
Thursday 15/12/2011, 12:31

It dosn't seem that bad and you seem to be able to use it quite well by getting 158th
3/11
Hobbitusz - Titan - Open Casket English
Thursday 15/12/2011, 21:57

First I wouldn't use Hax. As powerful as he is he has only 5 damage, which is too little in dt. Try Kerry, or Alec Cr if you can afford, or Gordon if you can't. I would also change on of your reducers. Probably slyde for Elvira.
And in DT the easiest way to get more battlepoints is to focus on speed. The faster you play the more battles you can fight during the hour.

Good luck
4/11
wats_happenin - Titan - Casual Grind English
Thursday 15/12/2011, 23:49

Try this. I kinda like it
Cliff, Ghoub, Glosh, Elvira, Pam, Lea, Lothar, Katrina

Lots of 2HKO possibilities!! (Note i switch out Glosh fr Alec Cr, but Glosh is easier to budget obvs)
5/11
sboyle - Hero English
Friday 16/12/2011, 00:36

Thanks for the advice Hobbitus, I just recently bought Elvira, so she'll make an excellent addition to my collection. I traded Bobby for Elvira and Joana for Mark (To distance the life points once I give him Fury)

Also, why the heck does Alec Cr and Marco Cr cost so much? And any advice on acquiring them?
6/11
LB_Abnormal - Titan - Limit Break English
Friday 16/12/2011, 04:06

Wat's is rght about adding Cliff. He makes the 2hk0 so much easier.

Change Mark back to Joana. Mark is very obvious, and Joana tears down 5 stars, which is worth a lot of points in dts.
Change Pam to Lea when possible. Lea does the same thing, but so much better (low pill fight wins)
Change Larry to Krash. Both are weak to soa, but at least Krash doesn't completely roll over and instantly die.

With that extra star, change slyde-> Gordon (or Ghoub) 2 drs in a dt deck is a little excessive.

Making these changes should enable you to always be able to either win 3 rounds, or 2hk0.

As for Alec Cr, and Marco Cr, they are Crs. That means they are no longer available in packs. So, people hoard them, and the demand is much greater than the supply. This causes prices to go way up. Marco Cr is relatively new though....

As for acquiring them, just keep placing in dts! a few hundred clintz here and there, and some credits adds up really fast! Also, if you start playing in the elo mode, that'll give you up to 10 credits a week!
7/11
Bojax - Legend - Time Conquers All English
Friday 16/12/2011, 06:21

These guys are hitting on some good points. But remember dts are about fast two hit kos. Its all about getting in one match and out to the next. If you can use a 26 star deck full of potential 6 damage cards than you are off to a great start.

(Hint: if you can spare a pill or two and still win the game do it. Each extra pill will gain you additional points)
For more information go view the dt rules which ur has posted.
8/11
sboyle - Hero English
Friday 16/12/2011, 09:36

Are you s***ing me LB? Alec and Marco aren't in packs anymore?! D: Things just got a little harder

I'll give that strategy a whirl. But when I do, what strategy should I have?

And Bojax, I use the Type 1 decks =P
9/11
Hobbitusz - Titan - Open Casket English
Friday 16/12/2011, 21:41

In Daily tournaments you should have the most battlepoints in an hour. You can try it two ways: one is that you make less points per game, but try to reduce the length of your games (this is the path full of ko-s), and the other is to hit as many time as you can with small cards. This way your games will last longer, but you can make like 25-30 points per wins and 10-15 per loss.

And joanna is better in dts than Mark. She can have nice power, a good damage (which is really needed here), and of course the 12 attack why everyone loves or hates Rescue.
10/11
LB_Abnormal - Titan - Limit Break English
Saturday 17/12/2011, 21:47

Your strategy in dts in type 1 should involve a quick analysis, and then a plan. EIther win with 1 or 2 cards, or win the game fast.

When I say win with 1 or 2 cards, i say this when you have little to no chance of beating the opponent. This would be somebody playing Vortex who draws 2 5 stars, C Wing, and Deea. We've all played these hands. You won't win. In this case, you want to beat down their 5 star cards with the lowest star card you can that will win. This will yield LOTS of battle points

http://www.urban-rivals.com/game/rules.php?show=table

if you look at the second table there, it will show you that a 2 star beating a 5 star is worth 6 points. Frequently, you will emerge out of this battle, while still losing, making MORE points than your opponent. This is why clans such as Rescue, Montana, Uppers, and Junkz are so invaluable in dts. They are practically designed to decimate 5 star cards. And this is why i suggested Krash and Joana. Theyre both low star cards, and can win quite often. 6 pillz on both of those, or a 7/5, and youll likely win 2 rounds, but lose the match. If you win against the right cards, you'll emerge with 12-14 points, potentially more than a win.

The second, and more desireable path, is to go for the win. As often as possible you want the 2hk0 to finish the round quickly. I am a huge fan of Cliff, as EVERYBODY expects him to come after a defeat. Nobody expects a confident Cliff.

« Previous12Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals