My little theory

My little theory
Sunday 12/08/2012, 05:04
rhypher - Veteran English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
6 messages
My little theory
rhypher - Veteran - Non Compos MentisEnglish - Sunday 12/08/2012, 05:04

This theory is about the abilities of cards in a deck. I think a deck should have 2 Early game cards, 2 Mid-game cards, 2 Utility and 2 Late Game cards to balance the deck. What do you think???

2/6
DeepEnd - Imperator - Limit Break English
Sunday 12/08/2012, 05:55

I think I'll use Kolos.
3/6
Pyrotic - Guru - Limit Break English
Sunday 12/08/2012, 07:33

Well, define the meanings of "early game, mid game, and late game" cards as well as "utility" cards. I mean, there are no such markings in the official Urban Rivals website, so if you could explain their meaning, you could be right about the average deck-building.
4/6
ghelas - Titan - The Trend English
Sunday 12/08/2012, 10:05

In ELO mode, which is the most strategic mode of the game, the vast majority of your cards should be able to serve at least two functions. That way your strategy becomes more difficult to predict. For example:

-SoA with at least 4 damage: This can be an early bluff, used defensively to prevent an opponent's powerful ability without spending pills, or used as a fury counter threat because it will go through most DR.
-SoB with high power and/or attack manip: This can be used as a "safe" opener if your opponent doesn't have any high gap cards, or as an endgame wall if you land a high-gap card of your own. Of course it can be used defensively as well, in order to stop +damage bonus clans.
-DR or Defeat card with some gap ability: This can be used early to mitigate your opponent's damage if you are confident that they're not bluffing, or saved for endgame when you can decide whether you need a DR or another hit.

Etc.
5/6
rhypher - Veteran - Non Compos Mentis English
Monday 13/08/2012, 07:33

Early game cards are cards with Heal or Poison, Walls, Pill Reducers and other cards that would have a great effect when played on the first round.
Mid Game cards are cards with some high power or/and damage, Pill Increasers and recoverers, those with Confidence/Revenge etc.
Late game cards are those that can reverse the battle like Life steal or Life gain. high damage cards.
Utility are those cards with SoA, SoB, DR, Stop cards and all the likes.
6/6
WMDuessel - Imperator - Wise Men Distracted English
Monday 13/08/2012, 13:59

These really don't work and only exist in a newbie's mind. A good card should be versatile and not limited to any stage of the game.

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals