offline pouou Master  
Tuesday 06/11/2007, 03:35

Hello im not sure if this is normal. I was in a daily tournament today i was at about 50/700 but the problem was i kept on getting the error thing "this player has not responded to your challenage" 3 times in a row i seen that. So im at 65/700 because no one played 10mins until the game ends also. Now finaly after waiting abit i get into a game but this player is taking his time i must have been in this game for almost 3mins then it says "battle has timed out" so the tournament ends im at 78/700 because i wasnt able to play any games for 10mins!.

Now if the tournaments are like this im not sure if im going to continue playing.

offline netibuki Master  
Saturday 17/11/2007, 19:24

How do you participate in tournaments organised by players??

offline jebidiah Senior  
Sunday 18/11/2007, 04:46

I went from 1st, to 10th, with the same problem, only, i lost 130k credits..

offline Acezup Senior Outland Hunters
Wednesday 05/12/2007, 15:20

I mean because its fair that the people who win, get lucky w/ challanges, and simply win based on luck not on your deck or your brain....riight..

offline nickname1 Veteran  
Wednesday 05/12/2007, 19:31

Sucks for you lol. the key is to win all matches so you never get in that spot. not as easy as i'm saying it but still it is what you do.

offline icedlewis Imperator  
Thursday 06/12/2007, 16:58

Yeah I hate when that happens but nothing we can do really. I think time out time should be shortened during tournaments though if that was possible

offline vampire king Senior † ΜALKAVIAN CLAN †
Friday 07/12/2007, 04:51

Yeah since the tournaments are shorter the time per turn should be shorter too that seems to make alot of sence

offline stjimmy85 Senior  
Friday 07/12/2007, 12:10

Yeah, I had alot of time to think about this as I sunk from 101 to 207 today. just a few thoughts, meant with the uttmost of respect:
1) I agree the challange system isn't perfect, and agree with the suggestion that there should be a 'fight now' link to enter a pool of players also looking for challangers.
2) regarding the timings, since the stats are updated every 2 mins, how about a continuous counter that countdowns during all of your turns, not just starting fresh each turn (cause I usualy have my game pairings planned out by my 2nd so the rest is just point and click). set at a minute a player and this will help the matter of people who time out rather than see a defeat through.
3) possibly worth looking at the game data and barring or suspending anybody who does time out suspiciously often?
4) finaly since you can't challange them players with decks that don't fit the format should not be able to enter the room during a tournament.
just a few thoughts, hope they give y'all something to think about, and,more importantly, I don't come across as arrogant, just wanted to add my 2 cents. smiley

offline Derium Veteran  
Friday 07/12/2007, 17:19

I was rank 140, now im almost 800 because ive been waiting for the guy im playing to make ONE move, it hasnt timed him out or anything...this is the dumbest thing ever. so I get punished and lost over 600 rank because he wants to sit there and the game refuses to time him out???

offline 0-FS WMD Veteran  
Friday 07/12/2007, 19:55

I see pro's and cons of lowering the time.

I play no random, this sometimes forces me to think a little more then someone playing in random. I have to think ahead of time how many pillz a player is going to play what the possibilities are and how many pillz I need to overcome the odds.

I have timed out on matches because I am too busy calculating and not paying attention to the time.

I do think the time needs to be lowered or have 3 minutes over all. I believe a player that times out 3 times in a tournament should be removed from the tournament and banned from tournaments for 24 hours.

I have seen (and know it still exists) where guilds will find players in the top 50 and challenge them just to sit idle or take their time to make a move. With the current format a game can take 5-6 minutes. A player can drop drastically in that time period. Worst of all if you catch a player that takes his sweet time and then expectantly lose to that player you drop even more.

I really wish there was a suggestion forum where we could post suggestions and bugs that we have located.

As far as putting players in a pool... that won't stop this from happening. A player that goes in that pool may go against another one of those really slow players. Even if you win, you are most likely going to drop a few ranks.

So lets go over this:

3 minutes per player total. If they take 2:30 on their first move they have 30 seconds
3 timeouts = booted from tourney and banned for 24 hours
ETC......

offline stjimmy85 Senior  
Friday 07/12/2007, 22:09

I'd be happy to see that. nice to hear somebody agree with my total time idea, and I, in return, second the three time-out banning. I think this is the main issue for most players, it's a shame people are abusing the system like this and would love to see it adressed. (please smiley )

Answer to this subject

Clint City, day.